Decision

Without You

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I was arrived on the front of a small house. Most of the wall was made of wood. There was a small garden of flowers on the front of the window. A swinging chair was placed on the left side, facing the downhill.

 

There was a dog cage outside the place with a big golden retriver dog lying inside. He raised his head as he saw me and then stood up. He barked once and twice as I walked toward him. He shook his tail. I bowed in the front of him and stretched my hand to him. He barked once again then my hand.

 

"Hello, Lee Shin." I greeted him. "Is Nana here?" I scratched his head.

 

But then, I heard the door swung open. I looked up to the door and saw a middle age woman, probably around her 60's, walked out from the house to the balcony. Her black hair was long and wavy with some white hair accents on her hair. And even thought she had reached her 60's, her face was still beautiful. And her eyes were the same like mine.

 

She was Nana, or so as I called her like that. Her real name was Lee Hyojeon. She was my mother's aunt who had raised my mom ever since Omma’s parents died. Probably she was the only family that left from my mom's side. She lived alone on the house. I often visited her with Appa when I was young. But ever since Appa died, I rarely saw her because one and some problems occurred.

 

I smiled to see her and walked toward her. "Hy, Nana." I greeted her then gave her a hug.

 

"Hy, little Aegi." Nana replied me as she hugged me then gave me a peck on my cheek. She always gave me comfort everytime she hugged me. She pulled apart and looked at my face as she cupped my cheeks. "You look thinner." She said in worry. "They didn't do anything harm to you, right?"

 

I smiled. "No. I don’t live somewhere near them anymore, Nana."

 

"Good." Nana said then patted my cheek. "Come on. Come in." She turned as she rounded her arm across my shoulder and pushed me inside.

 

The house was the resting house of my family and my second home. Nana lived here. I used to come here with Appa and spent time with Nana. Sometimes the guys came along too with us and spent times with us here. Omma’s grave was not far from the house. Appa brought the house and land here under Omma’s name since Omma loved mountain’s view. Appa used to tell me that Omma often sat on the swing chair on the front of the house and looked at the view from above the hill when she was pregnant with me. He didn’t sell the house since it was full of Omma’s memories. I knew Appa loved Omma the most.

 

This house was the only one that I had left from Appa and Omma because Appa’s family took Appa’s house and shop away with them. They sold them for their own benefits by using my name. I also almost couldn’t bury Appa beside Omma’s grave since Appa’s family was against it.

 

To tell you the truth, Appa’s family was a little bit troubled inside. Appa’s family was indeed a rich and wealthy family but somehow I didn’t like to be there. Since their fortune was so big, each of the family members were developing greedy characters. I didn’t know what was wrong with them. But I never liked the atmosphere on the family. Probably, I could say that the ones that I respected out of them all were only Tae-il oppa, my first cousin from Appa’s oldest sister since he was so nice and wise, and my grandparents.

 

Halmoni and Araboji were nice and wise people. They set Appa free from their family to live his own life without being tied by the conflict on their family despite his position as the family’s heir. My grandparents were the one who took me in after Appa’s death, letting me to bury Appa beside Omma and they were also the one that set me free because my aunts and their family were trying to control me. They thought that my grandparents would give all their fortune to me since I was Appa’s daughter. But I didn’t know anything about that yet since Halmoni were still lived up until today and I didn't care.

 

Araboji already died around 4 years ago and his last wish was to let me chose my own life. That was the reason why I quitted my Management study and chose to take Patisserie study instead, following Appa’s step. I also walked out from the Shin Family’s house and started to live on my own. But I guessed my aunts and their family couldn’t accept that since they were trying to cut all the financial support for me. Halmoni and Tae-il oppa helped me a lot in silent for this matter.

 

Actually, I didn’t mind to live without their support. Appa had taught me that it was fine to live without all the Shin family’s fortunes as long as we were happy. And I had lived most of my life without their supports. But I guessed Halmoni wouldn’t leave me alone just like that. And I appreciated what she did to me.

 

I walked out from my room after putting my bag there and organized my stuffs. I took a cake box that I brought earlier. I was planning to stay there for few days, taking my break from what had happened recently. I needed to think. I walked out from the house and saw Nana on the small garden.

 

“Nana.” I called the old woman who was taking care of the plants on the small garden.

 

Nana looked at me.

 

“I want to visit Omma and Appa.” I told her.

 

“Are you not wanted to rest first, Dear?” She asked.

 

I shook my head and wrinkled the bridge of my nose. “Probably a little bit later.” I gave her a smile. “I’ll be back a little later, Nana.”

 

Nana just smiled and waved.

 

I returned her wave then walked away. As I walked, I enjoyed the view. The house was located on the lower hill and my parents’ graves were located on the upper hill. Appa taught me not to use car to go to Omma’s grave since the view while we were walking was so beautiful. There was a small prairie filled with flowers and small forest. They would be so beautiful when the spring or the autumn came.

 

After 10 minutes walked, I came to the opening land on the top of the hill. There were two graves facing toward the valley. I stopped on the front of the tombstones and kneeled. I took out the cake that I made before I came here.

 

“Hello, Appa, Omma. I’m back again.” I said to the tombstones. “And look.” I showed them the cake that I made. It was a tiramisu cake. “I bring a tiramisu cake.” I placed the cake on the front of the tombstones and looked at the right tombstone. “It’s Omma’s favorite, right?”

 

I smiled then took a moment to pray for them both. After that, I sat on the ground as I turned to see the view of the mountains. I leaned my back on the tombstones.

 

“The view is so beautiful here.” I said.

 

I could feel a breeze ran through me, blowing my long hair. It felt like my parents caressed my hair as they knew something had happened to me.

 

“Yeah, I’m confused right now.” I dropped my gaze. “Did Appa know that Yoon Omoni is so sick right now?” I looked at the grave on my right. It was Appa’s grave. “And she said that Yoon Aboji probably will tell Doojoon to marry me as soon as possible.” I paused to take a deep breath. “Probably it was my fault too for agreeing his idea to be his fake girlfriend. But then…” I heaved a sigh. “Junhyung told me that he loves me and had loved me since we were high school. And he wants me to be his girlfriend. He told me that he will be waiting for me.”

 

I tilted my head to the side as if I put my head on someone’s shoulder.

 

“I must to say that Junhyung makes my heart beating.” I smiled. “He even can make me blushing like mad with his voice.” I looked at the grave on my left, which was belonged to Omma. “Omma knows that I used to like Gikwang, right?” I paused and imagined that Omma nodded. “I confessed to him and he rejected me. But somehow, I’m not too sad with his rejection. I cried. But I’m not too broken-hearted. Probably because Junhyung was with me.”

 

I turned to look at the view in the front of me.

 

“But lately, I also feel something for Doojoon.” I paused. “I feel comfort the most to be with him. And with Yoon Omoni’s sickness…” I paused again. “I feel like I needed to be with him.”

 

I laid my self down on the front of the graves and cuddled up my self facing to the tombstone. I used to do that on the front of Omma’s grave, imagining that I was putting my head on Omma’s lap and asking her an advice.

 

“What do I have to do, Omma? Should I go on with Yoon Aboji’s plan and marry Doojoon when he asked me to? Or should I choose Junhyung and tell Yoon Aboji the truth?” I touched the tombstone. “What did make you decided to be with Appa?”

 

I took some times to lay on the front of my parents’ graves before I decided to head back to the house. When I passed the small prairie, I stopped and looked at the prairie. There was a tree standing alone across the prairie. I smiled to see the tree then ran toward the tree.

 

As I ran, I remembered that I used to race to the tree with the guys. Dongwoon had always been the first to give up because he had never been the athletic type. Hyunseung was the next one to stop followed by Junhyung. Both of them were disliked to have sports. Then Yoseob would be the next to stop because he just tired. Gikwang gave up the next, leaving me and Doojoon to be the last who raced to the tree. I used to be the one who won the race. But when we grew up, he started to win the race. I used to yell at him that he was cheating when I lost. But he just laughed and told me to keep on trying.

 

I managed to touch the tree and panted like crazy. I tried to catch my breath and calm my self down. I turned to see the view from the tree and exhaled. I just realized about something.

 

Well, of course Doojoon would win. He had turned into a man.

 

---

On the next morning, I walked out to the front yard after I done with dishes. Nana was at the front yard, sitting on the swing chair and enjoying the morning breeze. She saw me coming and smiled as she stretched his hands to me. I came to her, sat beside her and leaned my self on her body as she embraced me onto her hug. I rounded my hands on her and put my head on her shoulder, letting my self to be spoiled by her. I always did that to her. I loved to be on her embrace. Nana was always warmed. Nana just chuckled whenever I did that.

 

“Oh my, I think little Aegi wants to be spoiled.” She joked.

 

I let out a giggle. “Can’t I?”

 

“Of course you can.” Nana said as she caressed my hair. “But you remind me that Seon-Yul often did this too whenever she got troubles.”

 

I smiled. "Well, I guess like mother like daughter."

 

Nana laughed slightly. "But do you have trouble too, Aegi?"

 

"I guess so."

 

I could feel that Nana turned her head to see me.

 

"And why is that? Did they bothered you again?" Nana asked in concern. Of course she knew about Appa's family. She ever met them once in a while and never liked them.

 

I shook my head. "No, it's not because of Appa's family."

 

Nana grabbed my arms softly and pushed me apart so she would see my face. I could see that she had worried about me.

 

"And then what?"

 

I released a sigh then told her everything about what had happened recently. I told her about my feeling for Gikwang, Junhyung's confession, Doojoon's arranged marriage plan and also about Yoon Omoni's sickness. Nana knew the guys since they had visited the house for some times before.

 

"Oh, I feel bad with Doojoon's Omoni." Nana said after I ended my story.

 

I sat crossed legs beside her and just gave her a smile. "I know. I feel that way too." I said then paused for a while. "So, Nana, who do you think I have to choose?"

 

Nana just smiled understandingly to see me. "Aegi, I don't have the answer for that one since you are the only one that know about the answer."

 

I sighed.

 

"But, marriage is not only about love. It's also about trust, understanding, respect and support. You can choose whoever that you want between them. But you also have to remember that it's also about with whom you will spend the rest of your life." Nana paused as she patted my lap. "You must to look deep inside of your self to find the answer."

 

"But I don't know who that I want. Both of them are my best friends."

 

"And so did Seon-yul and Hyunkyung before they got married."

 

I frowned because of Nana's speech. "Really?"

 

Nana smiled. "Ah, I never told you about how they were before they got married, right?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Well, they were friends since they were high school. And I had never thought that Seon-yul would decide to be with Hyunkyung. Seon-yul was dating someone else."

 

"So what made Omma changed her mind?"

 

Nana looked to think for a while. "I guess it was when Hyunkyung decided to leave his family and started to become a patisserie. Seon-yul just wanted to support him so she decided to marry Hyunkyung."

 

"Wow." I got amazed. "Omma seemed to made it to be simple."

 

Nana smiled. "Now, which one of them that came into your mind as I talk with you about this matter?"

 

As I heard Nana's speech, one person came into my mind. I could see Nana's smile bloomed again.

 

"There, there, Shin Aegi. I guess you have the answer already."

 

---

Hyaa~ sorry for disappearing since Friday and Weekend~ I guess I was busy for the past 3 days~ But I'm back again with the new update~ ^^ 

Oh, sorry to promote this but... I have new fic~ It's purely about OC & Junhyung~ it called The Colors of My World and you can find the fic here. I guess that start writing button up there is so tempting everytime I got new ideas~ ^^

 

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^