Talk

Without You

= Shin Aegi =

 

I was watching the cake that I baked on the oven. As I watched it, my mind went back to the kiss that I had two days ago. Junhyung had asked me to date him and to be his girlfriend. He also kissed me and we even had a short date after we were back in town.

 

To be honest, it was my first kiss. So my heart was beating faster because of it. I have yet agreed to be Junhyung's girlfriend since I still didn't know what exactly I wanted. I still had to think about Doojoon's problem.

 

Gikwang told me that Doojoon had to go out of town with his team for soccer matches.

 

Ah, yeah, I and Gikwang were back to our old relationship, as best friends. I had been his best friend and his noona long before I fell for him. After I went back, he came to me and apologized for rejecting me. I told him that it was fine and he didn't need to apologize. I also told him that we were still friends no matter what.

 

And Doojoon... I haven't heard his news again. Hyunseung told me that he had come back yesterday from his soccer club’s tour for few days.

 

The oven dinged and I opened the cap then took the cake out. I put the cake on the table and took it out from the plate. I let it to cool down while I made the decoration cream. Then I separated the cake’s outer layer then cut the inner layer cake into layers and started to make mango roll cake. It was a good cake and quietly a challenging to make too. But it was my second time making it. So I didn't have any dificulties to finish it. After I done with the cake, I put them on the display counter.

 

At that moment, the front door was opened and the bell rang. I looked up. "Wel-"

 

"Noona, help me!"

 

 

 

= Yang Yoseob =

 

I shook my foot as I felt impatient when Doojoon hyung drove me to the cafe and cake shop where Aegi noona was working. I needed Noona's help. Only Noona who could help me with this matter. I quickly walked out from car when Doojoon hyung pulled over and walked toward the shop. I didn't care about Doojoon hyung. All I needed was to find Aegi noona as soon as possible.

 

I saw Aegi noona was organizing the cake on the display counter. So I quickly came in to the shop.

 

"Wel-" Noona gave a greet when she heard the bell rang.

 

"Noona, help me!" I barged to the front of her while asking for her help.

 

She stopped, frowned and just blinked to see me. "What?"

 

"Help me." I told her again. "Please, please, please, help me." I even gave her my puppy eyes.

 

"Why?"

 

"I need a cake right now."

 

Aegi noona frowned again. "For?"

 

"A girl."

 

I heard Doojoon hyung's voice behind me. Aegi noona opened her lips, seemed to surprise. I saw Doojoon hyung came to my side.

 

"Not mine. But him." He said again to Aegi noona.

 

"Ah~"

 

Why did I just hear slight relief feeling on Noona’s voice?

 

"Yes, it's for me." I said.

 

Aegi noona looked at me again. "Your girlfriend?" She asked with her narrowed eyes.

 

I blushed to the word 'Girlfriend'. "N-not really girlfriend."

 

"But soon-to-be." Doojoon hyung answered it again on my behalf.

 

I looked at Doojoon hyung with my dropped jaw. "H-hyung, I don't need you to answer on my behalf."

 

But he just smirked at me then looked at Aegi noona. "She's his crush." Doojoon hyung added.

 

Aegi noona looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed. She seemed to find it was amusing. "Really?"

 

But I blushed again to her question.

 

"Okay then."

 

I smiled and looked at her when she said that. Somehow I was happy that she would help. She was looking on the cakes on the display counter.

 

"What kind of girl she is?" Aegi noona asked as she looked at me. "Tell me."

 

My smile became wider. I tried to think about my crush. "She's bright, sweet and cute." I told her.

 

"Hmm..." Aegi noona seemed to be thinking as she looked back to the display counter. "Bright and sweet." Then her eyes became sparkling. "Ah, I just made Mango Role Cake." She looked at me. "Probably it'll fit for her."

 

My smile went wider. "Really?" I asked her.

 

Noona nodded. "Want to try a little?" She asked as she took out a piece of the Mango Role Cake that she meant. She put it on a plate and gave it to me along with a fork.

 

I took the fork and gave it a little bite. Noona was right. The Mango Role Cake was tasty. It was mango flavor and sweet. It fitted JiEun's image. I smiled because of it.

 

"How is it?" Noona asked me with an acknowledge smile on her face.

 

My smile went wider and I nodded. I really wanted to hug her. "Thank you for becoming my savior, Noona." I told her.

 

"I still have a big piece of this on the kitchen. If you want to, I can decorate it for you."

 

I quickly nodded again. "Can you, please?"

 

Noona smiled. "Alright." She had agreed. "But on what occassion?"

 

"Birthday." I quickly replied her. "She's having her birthday today."

 

"So... Happy Birthday JiEun-ssi?" She asked me for the writing.

 

I smiled again. "Thank you, Noona."

 

Noona just smiled. "Then you can wait. I'll work on the decoration first."

 

"Alright." I chirped in happiness. I felt relief somehow. I looked at Doojoon hyung. "Thank you, hyung."

 

"I've told you that she'll help." Doojoon hyung told me with a smile plastered on his face.

 

Noona asked another employee to serve us drinks. But then, I had an idea suddenly.

 

"Noona." I called her before she went to the back.

 

Aegi noona stopped and turned. "Yes?"

 

"Why don't you come with me?" I asked her. "I want to introduce you to her."

 

"But isn't it strange for me to come with you? JiEun-ssi can misunderstand with my presence there."

 

"Ah, Doojoon hyung is coming too." I pointed Doojoon hyung and Noona looked at him. "I want her to know about my good noona and hyung."

 

Noona looked back at me and smiled. "Okay then." She agreed. "I think I can take an early leave today."

 

"Thank you so much, Noona."

 

Noona just nodded then went to the back. I turned to Doojoon hyung and asked him to wait along with me. He agreed and came with me to a table.

 

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I was waiting for Aegi along with Yoseob. He had asked Aegi for help since his crush had her birthday today. I told him to come to Aegi earlier for a cake. I knew Aegi was good in this kind of matters. She was a girl after all. But while I was waiting for her, the message that I received from my dad came again to my mind.

 

My parents knew that I already back in town. But I haven’t come to meet them. I didn’t want my dad bugged me with the marriage matter. Sometime I thought whether I needed to tell them the truth. But then, the arranged marriage horror would be waiting for me and I didn’t want to have my self stuck on the arranged marriage.

 

And somehow I couldn’t bring my self to tell Aegi about the message. Everytime I considered and thought about telling her, Junhyung’s face would come and bothering me. So I still hadn’t told her yet.

 

"Hyung." I heard Yoseob called me.

 

I turned my gaze to look at him.

 

"Are you alright? You seem to be worried about something." He asked me.

 

I gave Yoseob a smile. "Nothing's big. Just a small thing. You don't need to worry about that." I told him.

 

“Really?” Yoseob asked again then he turned his face toward the counter. He looked back at me and leaned forward to get closer. “Ya, hyung.” He looked up to me. “Be honest with me.” He looked so serious.

 

I frowned to hear his words. Somehow I became suspicious at him. “What?”

 

“Do you like Aegi noona?”

 

That question made me almost got chocked because I was drinking when he asked me like that. It was so sudden for me. So I was surprised to hear his question. I coughed and took a napkin to cover my mouth. Then I looked at Yoseob. He was smiling at my reaction.

 

“Why are you asking me like that?”

 

“So you do like Noona.” He said in understanding.

 

I dropped my gaze to the napkin that I held on my hand. “So why if I like her?” I looked back at him.

 

Yoseob shook his head with a slight smile on his face. “Does Noona know?” He asked again as he rested his elbow on the table and propped his chin in his palm.

 

“I don’t think she knows.” I folded the napkin and put it on the table. “I never tell her too.”

 

Yoseob frowned. “Why?”

 

“Because…” I paused as I dropped my gaze. “She likes someone else.” I looked at Yoseob. “She loves Junhyung.”

 

 

 

= Yang Yoseob =

 

“She loves Junhyung.”

 

The words made my eyes almost popped out from their sockets. Noona, what…?

 

I frowned and lowered my hand. “How can you think so?”

 

Doojoon hyung shrugged. “I saw Junhyung hugged Aegi when we were at the amusement park. And they were together when I came to see Aegi after that.”

 

When I tried to remember our time on the amusement park, I realized that Aegi noona and Junhyung hyung didn’t come back after Junhyung hyung went after Aegi noona. Doojoon hyung also came back without the two of them. He had told us that he couldn’t find both of Aegi noona and Junhyung hyung then told us to come back home since Junhyung texted him for us to come back without him and Aegi noona. Now I knew that he was lying for the part where he didn’t saw both of Aegi Noona and Junhyung hyung. But Junhyung hyung indeed sent us messages to go back without him and Aegi noona.

 

But somehow I was curious with the matter that made Doojoon hyung became worried.

 

“And… is this the matter that makes you confused?” I asked him out of my curiosity.

 

“Partly.”

 

Finally Doojoon hyung wanted to talk with me. He released a sigh and looked at the other way before he looked back at me.

 

“My dad wants me to marry Aegi as soon as possible.”

 

Another surprise had shocked me and made me speechless. “What?”

 

“It was my fault. I asked Aegi to help me with the arranged marriage that my dad set for me. She has agreed to be my fake girlfriend. And now…” Doojoon hyung didn’t continue his words and just sighed. “My dad wants to meet us both. I’m sure he wants to talk about the marriage.”

 

I just looked at him. “But I think you should try to talk about it with Aegi noona.” I suggested.

 

Doojoon hyung only looked at me and heaved a sigh.

 

But seriously, I really thought Doojoon hyung needed to talk with Aegi noona about it.

 

Or else, probably I would be the one who talked about it with Aegi noona.

 

---

It's just a short update~

But finally my brain is working again for ideas~ hehehe~ sometimes I need a break from writing~

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^

Answer for comments:

@raigel9elise & Miyu : Yes, it's happening before the wedding. And Miyu, relax, Hyunseung is only a bestfriend for Aegi