Friend

Without You

 

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I pouted and frowned as I put the Happy Birthday chocolate plate on the cake. I needed to put this on the right position on one go. And when the plate placed on the cake, right above the layer of fruits, I smiled in satisfaction. The cake had completed now.

 

“Done.” I said to my self.

 

Then I looked at the wall clock on the kitchen. I still had enough time to change before Hyunseung arrived at the café to pick me up.

 

Hyunseung came to the café to talk with me on Friday. Then he told me that he would pick me up for Lee Omoni’s birthday. It seemed that Gikwang also invited all the six of us. But I didn’t mind. All of us were closed with Lee Omoni back then. She treated us like her own kids. But somehow, she treated me especially nice. Probably it was because I was a girl though I was acted like a boy back then.

 

I wrapped up the cake on the box then went to the staff room to get my clothes.

 

I used the café toilet for changing my clothes. I used a gray one piece dress with black shirt and long jeans for my outfit. I took off my hair band and fixed my hair then applied thin layer of powder before using lipstick with natural pink color on my lips and mascara on my eyes. I checked my appearance once again before I came out from the toilet.

 

Then I waited for Hyunseung to come. He texted me and told me to wait outside so I did what he told me. I was waiting for him at the front of the café with my bag slung over my shoulder and the cake box on my hand.

 

Then a car suddenly came to the front on me. I frowned to see the car. And the passenger’s window was rolled down. I bent my body to see the driver.

 

It was Hyunseung. He waved from inside the car. “Annyeong.” He greeted me.

 

A chuckle slipped from my lips as I saw him with the car. “Wow. A car?” I asked him in awe and disbelieve.

 

He just smiled. “I’ll tell you later. Get in.”

 

I straightened my body and opened the door then got into the car. I used the seatbelt before he drove the car away.

 

“How can you have a car?” I asked him then looked at him. “Since when you can drive?”

 

“Since I got my driving license on my age 20 and since I got cars at my house.”

 

“Ah.”

 

I just remembered that Jang Family was a wealthy family. Their house was big enough and they got some houses outside the town. And this guy here who drove beside me was their first and only son. So I guessed I could imagine that he inherited Jang Aboji’s business. And even though they were rich, they were nice family. Jang Aboji and Jang Omoni were so nice at me.

 

Even though they were surprised to see me with my school skirt when they saw me on the first day of Junior High.

 

I guessed Hyunseung never told them that I was actually a girl so they thought that I was a real boy until I used skirt. I still couldn’t forget their faces when they saw me on the entrance day and Hyunseung was laughing so loud to see their surprised and confused looks.

 

I smiled with the memory and had to force my self not to laugh.

 

“Why are you wanted to laugh?”

 

I turned to see Hyunseung. “No. I just remember about your parents’ reaction when they saw me with skirt for the first time.”

 

Hyunseung chuckled. “Ah, that time.”

 

“You really enjoyed it, right?” I asked him as I narrowed my eyes.

 

“Yeah, I did. I never told them that you’re actually a girl. So it was funny to see their reaction.”

 

I just smiled to hear him.

 

“But seriously, Aegi. What had made you changed so drastically?”

 

 

 

= Jang Hyunseung =

 

Aegi was right. I did enjoying teasing my parents about Aegi’s gender back then. I never told them that Aegi was actually a girl when I was still on elementary school.

 

Our elementary school let us not to use uniforms. So Aegi chose to use boy’s outfits than a girl’s outfits. But when we reached our Junior High School period, Aegi was forced to use skirt since she was a girl. So it was the first time that my parents actually knew Aegi was a girl.

 

And yeah, I got a scold from my parents, right after we reached home.

 

My mom was freaking out to know that Aegi was a girl. She always thought it was strange to know that Aegi had a girl and cute name despite she was a boy. But after the entrance day of our Junior High School, she knew the reason why.

 

But then, there was one thing that I really curious about.

 

“But seriously, Aegi.” I pulled the hand break as we stopped at the crossroad and the light was red. I looked at her. “What had made you changed so drastically?”

 

She looked at me and put a smile on her face as if she was hiding something. “Can’t I change?”

 

“Yeah. But honestly, this is too drastic for us. You used to be a boy. Then suddenly you’re back with this girl…” I paused. “… lady-like look.”

 

Her smile went wider. But she didn’t give me an answer.

 

“Who do you try to impress, Aegi?”

 

She turned her gaze back at me. “If I told you, then I have to kill you.”

 

I just rolled my eyes then pushed the hand break and drove my car again as the light turned into green.

 

But I really wondered on what that had made my best friend took the drastic change like this.

 

It was not that I didn’t like the way she was now. But probably I wasn’t ready to see her with the girl appearance. It made me confused on how I had to act toward her.

 

Aegi used to act so free with us. Bragging to our rooms without having any concern that we were dressed properly or not. Or suddenly knocked us down and pinned us under her armpit just to give us a hit on our head. She even slept among us.

 

But with her girlish appearance right now, I didn’t know whether we could do something like we used to do back then. Well, at least, every little thing on her would tell us that she was a girl. And I didn’t know what I would do with it.

 

And if my intuition was right, I just wish that there wouldn’t be any problems between the seven of us that changed our friendship. I loved my best friends and I wanted nothing would change between us.

 

“But I’m glad that you’re back, Aegi.” I told her sincerely.

 

She looked back at me and smiled. “Thank you.”

 

“And if you want to go again, don’t forget to tell me. I’m your friend. And forever I will your friend. So you can find me if you need someone to talk to.”

 

She giggled. “Yeah, thank you, Hyunseung.”

 

Yeah. No matter she looked, forever she would be my friend. I cared about her as a friend and I would keep to care for her as a friend. That was my determination and my promise to her.

 

---

Hohoho~ Hyunseung is so sweet~ So I guess this chapter will rule out Hyunseung as someone that has a crush on Aegi... OR NOT?! Ahahaha~

Well let's just see later about it~ As for now, enjoy this fic~ I'm off to write the next chapter~

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~