Goodbye

Without You

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

Finally the day had come for me to have the big match. I had gone to the club since morning. Actually, I felt a little bit nervous with the match today.

 

Why?

 

Because my sister said that Omma would watch the match.

 

She told me that Omma suddenly told her that she wish to watch my match. Doori noona had asked the doctor too about the wish and they agreed to let my mom went out for a day.

 

I was glad about the fact that Omma would watch me. For long, I had been asking her to come and watch me. But she always said that Soccer was not her thing and she never came.

 

And there was another thing that made my spirit soared to the sky.

 

Junhyung was visiting me earlier in the morning at my club, telling me that he needed to speak with me. So we talked before I got called for warming up and last briefing from our coach.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I saw him leaning gorgeously on his motorbike and waved at me when he saw me coming.

 

"Seeing you before the match." He replied me.

 

"Just before the match?"

 

Junhyung smiled. "I'll see your match too later. I just need to take care something about my work but I'll come back here for your match."

 

"Then what are you doing here now?"

 

"I want to talk with you." Junhyung said as he looked at the front.

 

I understood and came to his side.

 

"How's your condition, Doojoon?" He asked me.

 

I frowned. When did Junhyung know that I was sick?

 

"Aegi told me that you were sick few days ago."

 

Ah, no wonder if he knew. Aegi had told him. Somehow I felt jealous.

 

"So Aegi told you." I said and tried to make my voice as flat as possible so he wouldn't know that I was jealous. I dropped my gaze.

 

I could hear that Junhyung scoffed. "Are you jealous, Doojoon?" He asked.

 

I looked at him and saw that he was looking at me too with amusing look on his face.

 

"Are you jealous of me and Aegi?" He asked again.

 

"What if I told you that I am jealous?"

 

I guessed Junhyung found it was amusing so he chuckled.

 

"Yaah, you're really something, Yoon Doojoon." He said as he looked around then back to me. "How long have you been known Aegi actually?"

 

I frowned to hear his words.

 

"I guess you've known her for the whole of your life, right?"

 

"Yeah. So?"

 

"So, I supposed you must be known Aegi better than I do." He smirked lopsided.

 

I just looked at him in confusion.

 

Junhyung giggled. "Oh, Doojoon." He smiled. “Just remember this. Aegi is not a person who can speak her feeling. She’s more likely an action person.” He patted my back. “So you should be seeing how her feeling from how she treats you.”

 

I became silent as I was thinking. Aegi did shower me with her attentions ever since we started to be fake couple. Sometime I forgot that we were actually faking out. I gasped in realization then looked back at Junhyung. Junhyung just smiled.

 

“All she needs to know is that you love her.” Junhyung told me.

 

I was taken back with his words. Now I knew why Aegi asked whether I loved her or not when we met my parents for the marriage talk.

 

Junhyung smiled. But I could see that he was sad actually. “But I haven’t really given up on her. So if you hurt her, I’ll make sure that you will lose her.”

 

I smiled. "I'm sorry. I’m not letting her go."

 

He smiled lopsided and scoffed. “I know you won’t.” He said as he straightened his body and turned to his bike. “But I’m just warning you.”

 

I stepped back as I saw Junhyung jumped to his bike. He seemed to be thinking for a while.

 

"Then probably Hyunseung will give you a punch or two and you will hear Gikwang's nagging at you or Yoseob's lecturing you." He smiled. "Dongwoon won't do anything. You can hide at him. But he will be defenceless against us."

 

I smiled with his joke.

 

"See you again later on your match." He said then put on his helmet. "I have a client to meet now." He his bike. “But I’ll be right back for your match.”

 

"Thanks, Junhyung." I told him.

 

Junhyung just smiled and gave me a thumb up then drove away. I waved at him.

 

Somehow, knowing that Aegi probably had loved me too was making my heart beated faster and filling my stomach with butterflies. It also put my spirit up to the sky. I couldn't stop smiling whenever I remembered about it.

 

So, should I make her to be my real wife?

 

But then, I guessed all I needed just a confession from her. I needed her to say that she loved me too, or at least, showed it clearly to me.

 

The sound of the door opened stopping my thought. I looked up and saw the coach came in.

 

"Guys, it's time." He said.

 

I exhaled and stood up.

 

It’s time for me to go on action and showed the best for my mom.

 

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I was waiting for Aboji and Doori unnie who would come with Omoni on the entry gate. Gikwang, Yoseob and Dongwoon were with me since they also wanted to watch Doojoon and cheering on him. Junhyung would arrive a little bit later since he still had meeting with his client for his work.

 

I looked at the parking lot and saw a familiar car came toward the gate. I smiled when I saw the car. It was Hyunseung’s car. Aboji was working so he couldn’t make it for the match. I guessed Gikwang and Yoseob recognized the car too since they came toward the car when the car arrived on the front of us. They helped Doori unnie to get Omoni out from the car. Hyunseung drove away after that to find the empty parking space.

 

“Annyeong, Omoni.” I said as Doori unnie rolled her wheelchair to the front of me. I hugged her.

 

Omoni smiled when I welcomed her and hugged her. She patted my shoulder and I released her. But when I saw her, I felt that my heart was aching in pain.

 

Omoni was a lot thinner than she used to be. She was using thick layers of coat and clothes just to make her warm even on the mid autumn like this. Her face looked skinny and pale. She looked exhausted. She was using the wheelchair because she was weak. The cancer had eaten her alive. But somehow I could see her spirit to be lived.

 

“Is the match starting already?” She asked me.

 

I shook my head and gave her a smile. “Not yet. But it will be soon.” I looked at Dongwoon. “Can you wait for Junhyung and Hyunseung?” I asked him as I gave him the tickets for Junhyung, Hyunseung and himself. “I need to show Unnie and Omoni the seats.”

 

Dongwoon looked understand. He nodded. I turned and walked in along with Gikwang, Yoseob, Doori unnie and Omoni. I saw Omoni was talking with Yoseob and Gikwang who pushed her wheelchair and walking beside her. She looked so happy and lively. I smiled to see her.

 

“Thank you, Aegi.” I heard Doori unnie talked to me.

 

I turned to her.

 

"For helping us so much."

 

I smiled at her and linked my arm on her arm. "Don't be like that, Unnie. You and Omoni are my family too now."

 

Doori unnie smiled.

 

We arrived at our seats. Doori unnie sat beside Omoni while I sat on Omoni's other side. I explained to her about soccer since Omoni asked about it and Doori unnie was unfamiliar with it.

 

Junhyung, Hyunseung and Dongwoon came not too long after that. Junhyung sat beside me. I smiled at him then looked at the field.

 

I saw the team came out to the field. I saw Doojoon among them all.

 

"Omoni, it's Doojoon." I told Omoni.

 

Omoni smiled. "Ah, he looks great in blue."

 

I smiled because of her words. "He looks charming, right?"

 

Omoni looked at me and nodded. "Yes, he is."

 

Then, she looked back to the field. I also looked back to Doojoon. I saw that he was stopped and looked at our side as if he was looking for us.

 

Then finally he saw us. He smiled so wide and waved. I saw Omoni waved in return. She also told Doojoon to do his best. Doojoon chuckled because of it. I just smiled to see Omoni looked so happy.

 

I looked back at Doojoon. He was smiling as he saw me. But his smile was different. It was a gentle smile. I smiled to return his smile and waved.

 

"Hwaiting." I mouthed him as I clenched my fist to cheer him.

 

"Thank you." He mouthed me back.

 

I just smiled. But then, Doojoon turned and went to his team since he needed to prepare the match.

 

Then the game started. As the game was played, Omoni asked a lot about soccer. She grinned when she saw Doojoon got tackled and fell. But she looked relieved as Doojoon got up and looked fine. She released a relief sigh. But Omoni looked as if she was enjoying the game.

 

But then, as the game was nearing its end, I noticed that Omoni's breath seemed to be shorter. She was panting and her eyes seemed not to focus. It seemed like she wanted to hang on until the game was over.

 

"Omoni..." I called her softly.

 

She smiled. "Is Doojoon's team win?" She asked as she held my hand.

 

"Yes."

 

Omoni looked at me. "Take care of Doojoon, Aegi. I trusted him to you."

 

I smiled to make her rest assure. "I will, Omoni." I paused as I felt my tears were building up on my eyes. "Because I love him." I whispered.

 

Omoni smiled and looked at the field. I bit my lips and looked away. But I could feel that slowly Omoni's grip on my hand was loosened until finally her hand droop weakly to the side as the final whistle was blown and the crowd cheered as they celebrated the winning of Doojoon’s team.

 

I dropped my gaze as I let my tear fell.

 

Of course I knew what it meant.

 

Another parent figure for me had left.

 

---

Another update~

And I think it's a sad one... I was crying when I wrote this chapter..

 

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^