The Promise to Protect

Without You

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I released a sigh when I saw Lee Na-seon cut Doojoon’s way toward me. She was my younger cousin and Sookyung ahjumma’s second daughter. She was still a high school student. Then I heard her squealing.

 

“Kyaaa!! You’re really Doojoon oppa!” Then she turned to two girls on her age. “He’s Doojoon oppa! The real one!!”

 

The two girls came toward Doojoon. I released a sigh again. I guessed they were Doojoon’s fans. I looked back toward the food table. Probably because I used to see Doojoon as Doojoon, not like a soccer player, I didn’t care about his popularity. But I could guess that he might have fans. But with the fact that Doojoon was accepted well enough by my family, somehow I felt lonely. I put down the plate that I held.

 

As I turned to walk away, I didn’t see that someone was standing behind me. I crushed onto her and she spilled the food that she brought on her plate on my off while blouse. I gasped and stepped apart from her. I looked up and saw Han Tae-yeon, Tae-il oppa’s younger sister, standing on the front of me with her cynical smirk.

 

“Oops. Sorry, cousin.” She apologized with a tone as if she was doing it in purpose.

 

I ignored her and just grabbed a napkin to clean my blouse. Even though Tae-yeon was younger than me, she always treated me so bad.

 

“But I guess that stain is perfect for you.”

 

I bit my lower lip so I could hold my self from throwing tantrums for her and just patted my stained blouse. But I guessed my ignorance just made Tae-yeon pissed off.

 

“Ya! I’m talking to you, garbage.” She grabbed my arm then pushed me.

 

That moment, I lost my balance and fell down. I quickly grabbed the nearest thing that I could reach which was the table cover. But I guessed I made the wrong decision as all the foods on the table fell down with me. I flinched as the plates fell down, making loud noises and the foods pouring at me. Now I was sure that everyone were looking at me and Tae-yeon was smiling victoriously.

 

But I guessed Tae-yeon felt that I wasn’t suffering enough. She poured the iced water that she brought on me as she said, “This is for you to clean up.”

 

I flinched but decided not to do anything. Tae-yeon put the glass on the table then smirked to see me before she walked away.

 

I tried to stand up but then I found that my palm was bleeding. I guessed I accidentally scratched my palm on the knife from one of the plates when I fell. I ignored the wound since I could treat it later. I used my other hand to be my support for standing up. But then I felt a stingy pain from my right ankle that made me fell back again.

 

Oh gosh, I guess I’ve twisted my ankle.

 

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I quickly rushed toward Aegi’s side and kneeled beside her.

 

“Are you alright?” I asked her as I checked on her.

 

“I guess I’m fine.” She said.

 

But I found that her left palm was bleeding. I took her palm and looked at her. “Aegi.”

 

“It’s just a scratch.”

 

But the cut looked deep as the blood dripped.

 

I saw Tae-il hyung came to our side.

 

“Is she alright?” He asked, utterly worried about Aegi.

 

“She cut her palm.” I told him as I showed him the wounded palm.

 

I took the glass water from the table and poured the water to her palm to clean up the blood. To my relief, the cut was not as bad as I thought. I took a napkin and bounded her wound. Tae-il hyung cleaned up Aegi’s hair and clothes from the food then opened up his suit and put it over her shoulders.

 

“Can you stand up?” I asked Aegi.

 

Aegi just nodded and tried to stand up. I helped her to stand. But then I noticed that she hung her left foot as she leaned back on the table. I frowned to see it.

 

Did she twist her ankle?

 

Aegi was using high heels afterall. So it would be easy for her to twist her ankle if she didn’t’ becareful. I looked up to her, ready to ask, when I heard someone called me.

 

“Ya. Doojoon oppa.”

 

I looked around and saw this girl, Lee Na-seon, standing with her pouted face. Just like the other, she looked at Aegi with disguisting and dislike look.

 

“Why are you helping that garbage girl? Do you know who she is? She’s nothing but a disgrace to our family.”

 

Somehow I felt angry to hear this girl called Aegi as garbage and treated her so bad. Aegi was her cousin and she was older than her. She should have treated Aegi with respect. And I felt pissed with this family. Besides of Tae-il hyung and Halmoni, they were all treating Aegi as if she had done something wrong. Even if Hyunkyung ahjussi did something bad, they shouldn’t treat Aegi this bad. But then, judging on how Halmoni treated Aegi, I wasn’t sure that Hyunkyung ahjussi had done something bad.

 

“Of course I’ll help her.”

 

“Why?” She asked me as if she was protested.

 

I ignored her and swiped Aegi off from the floor. I carried her on my arms, bridal style. Aegi seemed to be surprised as I carried her. But she didn’t say anything and just rounded her arm around my neck. I looked back at the teenage girl.

 

“Because I’m engaged to her. I’m going to marry her and I will take care of her for the rest of my life.”

 

Lee Na-seon dropped her jaw as she heard what I said. I turned toward Tae-il hyung and Halmoni who already stood beside him. I knew that only both of them who were nice and cared about Aegi.

 

“Thank you for the feast. But will you excuse us first? I’ll make sure that both of you will get our wedding invitation.” I bowed to them and walked toward the exit door.

 

The housekeeper that welcomed us quickly walked before me toward the door. She opened the door for me. I thanked her as I stepped out from the house and walked toward my car.

 

When we arrived beside my car, I put Aegi down to get my car key. I fished it out from my pocket and unlocked my car. I opened up the passanger door and told Aegi to get in. She got in and sat. I closed the door and walked to the driver side then got in. I turned up the engine and drove away. I just felt that I needed to get Aegi away from that horrible family as soon as possible.

 

When we were already away from the house, I started to lower the speed and pulled off on the side of the streed. I stopped the car and took the sport bag on the back seat. I always brought medicine box on my bag just in case I needed it. I took the medicine box and put my bag back on the back seat. I faced my self to Aegi.

 

“Give me your hand.” I told her as I took her left hand gently.

 

I took off the napkin and started to treat her wound. I cleaned up the wound and put the medicine on the wound then bandaged it. I must did this to get rid the thought of scolding her family. I felt very angry toward her family to treat her so badly. I didn’t know how she managed to face them for 5 years when she was away from us.

 

“Thank you, Doojoon.” Aegi started to speak with her soft voice. “Sorry to have you tangled on my family’s problem.”

 

I stopped and released a sigh. “How can you manage with all those mockeries?” I looked up on her.

 

She shrugged. “I guess my ignorance works.”

 

I just let out a lopsided smile and looked at her hand. “But next time, don’t face it alone. You have me. You have Yoseob, Gikwang, Hyunseung, Dongwoon.” I paused before I mentioned the last name. “And Junhyung.” I looked up at her. “You have us and we will protect you.” I brought her up to my lips and kissed the back of her palm gently. “I promise that to you.”

 

She smiled on the way that made my heart skipped a beat. “Thank you.”

 

I leaned forward and gave a slight kiss on her forehead. I put my medicine box on the back seat and sat back. “Let’s go back to your place now.” I my engine again and looked at her. “I need to treat your ankle before its going bad.” Aegi was looking at me with tilted head and confusion look. “You twisted it, right?”

 

She grinned. “Sorry about it.”

 

I just smiled and drove my car away. But I promised that I would protect her. And for that, I would do anything.

 

---

Another update~ and I need to out now since there's a thunder storm happen here~ waaa... the thunder is... >_<

 

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^