The Truth Behind Proposal

Without You

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I'm panic. I was in the state of panic. I did'nt even know what I was saying. But I just knew that Aegi was all I could think about right after I walked out from my parents' house after I had lunch with both of them.

 

So I went to the cafe where she worked. I saw her there, sitting by the window with Junhyung. I walked in to the cafe and came directly to her.

 

"Shin Aegi." I paused as I caught my breath. "Please marry me."

 

Her eyes went wider in surprise.

 

"Mwo?!"

 

Well, not only Aegi that surprised. Junhyung was surprised too. They both talked in unison.

 

But wait, I guessed I had the wrong selection of words here.

 

"Ya! Yoon Doojoon! Don't joke around. It's not funny." Aegi scowled.

 

"No, no, no. I mean." I exhaled again, trying to get a grip of my self. "Can you be my girlfriend?"

 

"Ya." Junhyung called me. He sounded calm and collected.

 

I looked at him and he stood up from his chair than pulled me to the chair.

 

"Just sit first." Junhyung pushed me to sit. "You need to calm your self down."

 

I sat on the chair. Junhyung took another chair for him to sit. I looked back at Aegi. She was still frowning and narrowing her eyes, trying to study me.

 

"What happen actually?" Junhyung asked me.

 

I released another sigh. "My parents." I replied him. "They forced me to have arranged marriage." I dropped my gaze.

 

 

= Yong Junhyung =

 

Ah, so that was what happened.

 

I was shocked when Doojoon suddenly came in and went straight to Aegi then asked her to marry him. I knew in instant that something had happened.

 

Doojoon was always be a collected person and logical. Everything that he did was always rational, logical and made sense. If he acted irrational, it meant something wrong had happened.

 

"My dad has arranged a marriage for me with one of his collague's daughter. I refused, telling them that I have a girlfriend. They asked me to bring my girlfriend to meet them tomorrow." Doojoon started to explain. "I don't want to get married with someone that I don't even know. I'm still young and I still have many things to do." He paused. "Besides, if I agreed, probably I'll quit from being a soccer player and have to take over Aboji's business."

 

But one question was lingering in my mind. "But why Aegi?" I asked my question and made him looking at me. "You can ask another girl to be your fake girlfriend."

 

Doojoon quickly shot me a WTH look. "Hey, in my life, I only knew three women." He paused. "My mom, my older sister and Aegi. I can't marry my mom and I can't marry Noona."

 

"But still... Why Aegi?" And why suddenly I caught in debate with my best friend just because of this?

 

"She's the best girl for this role. She knows me well. My parents know her. She can play along well enough as my girlfriend tomorrow. So everything will be perfect."

 

Yes, everything will be perfect, except for my heart.

 

"Hey, guys." Aegi cut our debate, making both of us looked at her. "I'm still here, okay." She looked at me. "Junhyung, thank you for standing up for me. But I'm a big girl. I can do it on my own."

 

Why am I feeling that I just got rejected?

 

She turned to Doojoon. "And Doojoon..." She paused.

 

It seemed that she had many thoughts on her mind until she didn't know which one that she needed to say first and it made her speechless. But I knew Aegi. She would say something that might feel a little bit sarcastic or perhaps demanding a further explanation.

 

"Are you out of your mind?"

 

There. I put my hand to cover my lips as a smile formed on my lips.

 

"How can you think of me for becoming your way to escape from an arranged marriage?"

 

Doojoon shrugged. He seemed not to have the answer of that question. "I just did."

 

Aegi released a heavy sigh. "Fine." She threw her hands, making me to look at her. I couldn't believe that she had agreed.

 

"What?" It seemed that Doojoon couldn't believe what he had just heard.

 

Aegi shot him a glare. "Don't make me think twice."

 

A relief smile came to his face. "No, no." He quickly said. "You're my savior, Aegi. Thank you so much." He stood up and leaned forward to give a kiss on the top of her forehead. "I owe you for this."

 

I almost dropped my jaw to see Doojoon kissed Aegi.

 

"So see you tomorrow on 12 PM. I’ll call you later about the venue and all." He patted Aegi's head. "I need to go now. Love you." He walked away with relief and happy smile on his face.

 

I just looked at Doojoon. And why was I feeling something had stabbed to my heart to see him?

 

I looked back to Aegi. "Do you...?"

 

Aegi looked up at me.

 

"Do you feel okay about this?" I asked with a slight frown on my face.

 

She tilted her head slightly to the side. "I think I am."

 

Do you love him? That was exactly what I was trying to ask her.

 

Aegi looked at the clock on the cafe. "Ah, I need to go back to work now." She took her notebook and looked back at me. "Do you want something?"

 

I shook my head.

 

She flashed me a smile. "Then see you." She stood up and walked away.

 

I just looked at her. I guessed the last thing that I had in mind remained to be something that I couldn't ask her. I my lips then looked out to the window. I was feeling pissed for sure. But I guessed there was nothing that I could do.

 

Besides, it was only a help from a friend and it doesn't mean that they will be married for real.

 

I tried to tell that to my self. But somehow I still felt pissed.

 

Real or not, I still didn't want to see Aegi with someone else other than me.

 

But I couldn't be selfish as Aegi hadn't returned my love and agreed to be my girlfriend yet.

 

I released a sigh, stood up and just left.

 

---

Another update~ hehehe~ now you're all knew why Doojoon suddenly proposed Aegi right~ Ohohoho~ So what will happen next? What will happen next?? Well, just wait... I think it will be up soon *if I'm nice* or probably tomorrow *if I'm being mean* XD

Nah, just kidding. Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~