034

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 34 JESSICA

[Are you in your office, right now?]

“Yes”

[Are you busy?]

“Well, the show is in a few days, so, yes I am. But---”

[Can we talk for awhile?]

“I actually have something to talk to you about”

[Okay. I’ll be there in 15 minutes] *click*

This isn’t how I planned to tell Sehun the news. But, I guess this will work too.

“Who was that?” Krystal asked while going over some document.

“Sehun”

She abruptly put down the clipboard she was holding, startling me. “Are you going to tell him?” she asked and I nodded. “He’d probably be okay with it, right?” I asked.

“Sehun doesn’t seem like a man who won’t be okay with your news. I think he’d be thrilled” Krystal comforted me knowing the sadness and worry in my voice.

“But what if—“

“Unnie, just trust him, okay? That man loves you. I can see it with my own two eyes.  And it’s not just me who sees it, Mom, Dad and even Jongin can attest to that”

I nodded my head agreeing to what Krystal just said.

When Sehun arrived I excused myself from my co-workers and led Sehun to my office to have some privacy.

“Sehun”/ “Sooyoung” – we both spoke at once. There was an awkward silence.

I motioned for him to go first.

He was about to pull out something from his inner jacket pocket when suddenly his phone rang.

“I’ll just take this call, it’s from the hospital” he explained. I was about to sat down when Sehun’s voice suddenly raised, “What?!”

“Vitals?” Sehun demanded. He grabbed hold of my hand and dragged me. “Okay, stabilize the patient until I get there. Call up Hyeri too, she was the one who did Mr. Kim’s operation, a reoperation might be necessary. So, immediately get an operating room. Call up any anesthesiologist available who can  be present in 10 minutes. I’ll scrub in if necessary” Sehun instructs while he started his car’s engine.

“What happened?” I asked after he hung up.

“It’s Mr. Kim, he’s being brought to the ER as of the moment” Sehun answers as he pulls out of the parking space.

“What?!” I asked, shocked of the news. “He apparently experienced a cardiac arrest. He just got operated, we didn’t think this thing would happen. He was doing all fine the last time Chanyeol brought him for a check-up. It’s either something went wrong with his operation or something must have shocked him for him to experience a cardiac arrest” Sehun explains.

Sehun drove real fast that we immediately arrived in the hospital. Jongdae arrived before we did and with him was Bae Suzy. Sehun gave me the keys to his office and told me to wait for him there. I chose not to stay in his office though, expecting Taeyeon to arrive soon.

Taeyeon arrived shortly with Kris which was a bit surprising.

“Jongdae, what happened?!” Taeyeon asked raising her voice on her brother who was startled with her outburst. “Taeyeon, calm down. Please?” Kris begged as he held her shoulder. “Dad will be fine, noona… he’s undergoing emergency care right now… Dr. Lee is the one heading and handling the current situation along with Sehun hyung” Jongdae coaxed Taeyeon who already a crying mess.

“Taeyeon ah” I called out and Taeyeon immediately cried on my shoulders. I noticed Kris and Jongdae talking about something but I just let it be.

All throughout the emergency operation of Mr. Kim, Taeyeon was accompanied by me, Jongdae, Kris and Tiffany who arrived last. Suzy had to leave due to prior schedule.

Another hour passed and Sehun soon came out of the operating room along with Hyeri and some of the nurses and doctors. Taeyeon and Jongdae immediately stood up and walked towards Sehun who heaved out a heavy sigh.

“How is he, Sehun?” Taeyeon asked.

“Your Dad’s fine as of the moment. We’re going to transfer him to the ICU now. We did our best and we can only leave it to God’s hands now” was Sehun’s answer. Hyeri explained further since she was the one operating on Mr. Kim.

“Where’s Chanyeol hyung?” Sehun asked eyeing all of us. No one has an answer. I looked at Kris thinking he might have an answer but he just shrugged and gave a “don’t ask” look. Sehun then diverted the topic and led us all to the ICU.

 Chanyeol was nowhere in sight until the operation was done, it was almost 9pm then.

Taeyeon was obviously distraught which alarmed all of us knowing she was pregnant.

“Taeng, you should go home” Tiffany advised. “Yes, noona. It’ll be bad for you and your baby. The hospital is full of people whom you can contract different kinds of diseases” Jongdae added. But Taeyeon stubbornly argued, “I’ll be fine. You guys don’t need to worry about me”

Just as everyone was convincing Taeyeon to head home and rest, Chanyeol arrived rushing towards his wife. “babe, what happened to siabeoji?” he asked breathlessly. Taeyeon ran to his embrace and started sobbing. “hey… baby… what happened?... don’t cry… sssshhhh…. I’m here now… tell me what’s wrong?” he consoled Taeyeon as he ran his hand through her hair.

I couldn’t help but try to observe Sehun’s reaction but all I see was a concerned look of a doctor, who looks tired and anxious. I went to him and caressed his cheek, “are you okay? You looked really tired” I asked.

He smiled a little and answered, “we managed to pull through somehow” and rested his forehead on mine. Sehun didn’t hug me nor did I hug him, he was still wearing his surgical gown. “You did a good job, honey. Thank you”

“I only observed the procedure, I’m not a surgeon after all” he humbly explains

“Still, you were there to show your support and give your guidance”

Sehun excused himself to get changed out of his surgical gown and scrubs.

As I observed everyone, Kris seemed to be seriously ticked with Chanyeol. But it must have been my imagination.

We stayed there for another hour and then went our separate ways since visiting hours were already over. Jongdae insisted on staying. Taeyeon also wanted to stay but everyone was against it. So, she had no choice but to go home with Chanyeol.

The men walked ahead of us towards the car park, Tiffany, Jongdae and I were assisting Taeyeon.

“Don’t stress yourself out, okay? Sehun, Hyeri and her team did a good job, so you must do a good job too and take care of the life inside you, okay?” Tiffany bids like a mother. “Miyoung is right, Taeng. Just take of yourself, okay? We’ll be praying for your dad’s fast recov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter