023

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA

“would it be okay if you spend the night at my place?”

I looked over to the driver side figuring out if I was hallucinating or not. And I couldn’t tell if I really heard him right because there seems to be no change in his facial expression whatsoever, he’s just concentrating on the road like he didn’t say anything at all.

So, I concluded that I was just hallucinating. My inner thoughts must have played with myself.

“Soo Yeon…”

“hmmm?” I answered back as I faced him.

“should I make a right or a left?” he asked as he stepped on the break. I looked ahead of the road and noticed that we were in an intersection.

“what do you mean?” I asked.

He faced me and then he held my hand. The touch of his hand made my heart skip a beat, the effects of Oh Sehun towards me.

“are you okay?” he asked and I raised an eyebrow. Honestly, I don’t know the answer myself. After all that’s happened today, I couldn’t really say if I’m okay.

From getting excited to be going out for our first date, to getting depressed from having to recall memories of Luhan, to the point of unreasonably getting a bit jealous of how Sehun interacted with Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sojin and Yoona. We just came from Suzy’s concert where Chanyeol participated in and where Sehun pretty much interacted with a few ladies.

Tonight, Chanyeol proved himself to be a real romantic with his grand gesture of proposing all over again to Taeyeon.

I wouldn’t lie and say that I didn’t feel even the slightest bit of jealousy, because I was envious of Taeyeon at that very moment. I mean, who wouldn’t be? Chanyeol would always express his love for Taeyeon in every way that he could, in every single time that he can.

But each and every one of is unique, which means that Sehun has his own ways to woo women too. Speaking of which, my boyfriend reached for a stray lock of hair and tucked it behind my ear and asked “did you not hear me?”

“did you say something?” I asked quite confused.

“I asked if it would be okay if you’d spend the night again at my place” he answered and then I realized that I wasn’t hallucinating awhile ago after all. I would’ve agreed right away but then I suddenly felt shy when I realized the implication of his invitation.

“I… I... I…”

“I’ll send you home early tomorrow. You can also use my clothes as yours for tomorrow. I can also call up your parents to inform them that you’re staying over with me. So?”

I didn’t answer him, giving him an opportunity to add more words and explanation to persuade me.

“if you’re worrying about me tiring you out, I promise you I wouldn’t do that. I’ll control myself. No . I wouldn’t want you to think that our relationship is just about that”

The thought of him wanting me not to think that our relationship is purely about the physical intimacy and the awesome is something that makes my flutter. I mean, this just proves that he’s taking our relationship seriously.

 “Is there something wrong?” I asked noticing something off with Sehun as I squeezed his hand which was holding mine. He shook his head and answered, “no, nothing’s wrong. I just want you to stay with me. Is that okay?”

Yes, something is off with him, I noticed that. But, just as Sehun gave me the option to keep my problem to myself, I’ll do the same.

“I’ll inform my parents” I told him as I got hold of my phone. “so, you’re staying with me tonight?” he asked and I nodded my head with a smile.

“thanks Soo Yeon ah” he answered before placing a kiss on the back of my hand. He resumed on his driving while I texted my mom and dad.

Me: would it be okay if I stay with Sehun tonight?

Mom: just stay with him? :D

Me: Mom~

Mom: I don’t really mind. I don’t know with daddy though.

Me: he hasn’t replied to me. You’re together, right?

Mom didn’t reply to me any further. This is one of the reasons why I regret moving back to their home. They would worry if I don’t go in. I got a bit uneasy when I received no reply from both mom and dad, and it got even worse when my phone suddenly started vibrating indicating an incoming call from dad.

“dad?”

[can I talk to Sehun?] dad asked with a really rather serious tone in his voice.

“d-d-dad?”

[Soo Yeon, I want to talk to Sehun.] I gulped down my saliva as I looked towards Sehun’s direction. I noticed that Sehun was eyeing me though he was facing the road.

“he’s drivi---“

“I’ll pull over to the side” Sehun cut me off as he drove towards the side. Dad probably heard him because he uttered no more words before I handed the phone to Sehun.

“good evening, dad” he greeted. “is that okay, dad?... yes dad, I’m really sorry… no dad… if it’s okay with you dad… do you think it’d be fine with Soo Yeon?... hahaha, okay dad… yes dad. how about mom?... hahaha, thought so… yes, dad… okay, thanks”

Sehun’s answers were really short and general that I couldn’t figure out what their conversation was all about. It also didn’t help that Sehun has a very stoic face forming no change in facial expression or something of that sort. So, I really have no clue. Though I am hoping that dad would allow me. And I think he did.

“So?” I asked as soon as he hanged up on my dad. He handed me my phone then placed the gear on drive mode and drove towards the direction of our house uttering no single word to answer my question. As he navigated towards the direction of my family home, I knew that my dad didn’t approve of it. But, it kinds of doesn’t make sense and it makes me kind of sad too.

“hey, don’t pout” he told me making me sigh in frustration.

“I’m sorry” I sighed. He held my hand squeezed it making me feel even worse.

“don’t be” he coaxed me and another sigh left my lips. “I’m really sorry, Sehun. I really want to spend the night with you too, so that we could get to talk and all. But, I’m really sorry. But, I promise, I’ll definitely make it up to you. If you want we can talk over the phone all night” I bargained as I tried to make amends with him.

“honey, you don’t need to do that. it’s fine, stop being upset with yourself. Okay?”

“but…”

“Soo Yeon, I said it’s fine. Stop being upset”

“okay…” I conceded.

The drive to our home was short because it was already quite near from where we were awhile ago. Sehun parked the car in front of our house before he unlocked the door and got out of the car, I followed him soon after.

He held my hand and we walked towards the door. I was a bit surprised when the door suddenly was opened by my mom and dad who were already in their pajamas.

“hi Jessie, Sehun!” mom greeted as she waved her hand to us. “why are both still awake?” I asked as reply while Sehun replied with a bow and a “good evening mom, dad”

“are you really our daughter?” mom asked as she placed her hand on her hip. I was about to protest but she spoke up before I could. “oh well, at least you got Sehun for us. Come, Sehun. Let’s have some hot chocolate” mom ushered Sehun in.

“dad?” I called out to dad who just pulled off an innocent look. “what’s the meaning of this?” I asked as follow up since dad wasn’t about to say anything if I don’t ask him.

“what do you mean?” he asked as he started walking towards where my mother brought Sehun to. I followed behind him waiting for him to speak up. And well, I was successful in making him speak up when he asked, “didn’t Sehun tell you?”

“tell me about what?” I asked. Dad raised his eyebrow and was contemplating whether to tell me or not. But, before he could say anything mom had to call out for us cutting my dad off.

“Honey, Jess! Come over here now, the hot choco’s not going to get any hotter you know” she called out. And well, we’ve got to comply; mom is the law after all. So well, dad and I walked towards the kitchen and found my boyfriend who took of his jacket, ed the first two buttons of his shirt and rolled up his sleeve to his elbow.

And well yeah, my boyfriend is such a sight to see. Looking at him sitting on the bar stool while smiling at my mom seem so surreal. I mean, I didn’t think that I would see this smiling and courteous side of Sehun. I didn’t even think I’d be Sehun in the first place.

He motioned for me to come closer to him which I did. I sat on the bar stool next to him.

“want some?” he asked and I nodded my head. Sehun poured me a cup of hot chocolate. Sehun, along with my parents and I had a little chat, talking about the concert, work, our friends, Krystal and Kai. Apparently, Krystal’s already asleep that’s why she didn’t join us.

“so, how are your parents Sehun?” dad asked. “they’re doing fine, they actually left for Japan awhile ago along with my older sisters to spend the rest of the Christmas holiday there” Sehun answered.

“so, you’ll be alone on new year’s eve?” mom inquired to which Sehun nods as an answer. “yeah, somewhat like that. I don’t have work on that day, but I’m on call” he answered.

“why don’t you spend new year with us? You didn’t spend Christmas with us because you were on duty, you only showed up to pick Jessica up for the gala. So you better spend New Year with us. And you have to make it up to us for sneaking out awhile ago” mom suggested.

Sehun looked at me and asked, “would that be fine with you?”

“ye-“

“of course it’s fine. Oh, Jessica’s cousins will be so thrilled to see you. I’ve got to tell them about it” mom answered excitingly as she got off the chair where she sat on and bolted towards where her phone is.

“how about you? is that fine with you?” I asked Sehun.

“for as lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter