10

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's POV

I’m so messed up.

Seriously, why did I even made the same mistake again? and we weren’t even drunk last night. Oh gosh! What do I do?! !

“oh, you’re awake” Sehun casually walked out of his bathroom pacing towards his closet while he dried his hair. I eyed him from his bed. Gosh, I never thought his body build was goo--- fudge! Why am I thinking of that?! Well, it is his fault for just wearing his pants and exposing his torso. “I prepared breakfast, I would appreciate it if you take your time to eat it” he spoke once more without looking at me, this time while he buttoned his white long sleeves.

“here” he handed me a white shirt. “you can use my shirt for the meantime because I placed your clothes in the drier. It’ll be done after you eat” he added as he looked at me.

“is there something wrong?” he asked furrowing his eyebrows. I bit my lower lip before I found the courage to tell him what woke me up.

“t-t-there was a call” I stuttered. He raised his eyebrows. “and I answered it thinking it was from my phone but it wasn’t” I continued.

“mine?” he asked and I just nodded guiltily.

“and so?” he asked again.

“it was Kris” I told him.

*ring ring ring*

I woke up at the sound of a ringing phone. I grabbed the ringing phone by the bedside without giving it a look.

“hello?” I answered sleepily. There was a pause on the other line. “hello?” I called out again.

[Sehun?] I jolt at what the person on the other line mentioned. I took the phone off my ear and checked who the caller was. ! It’s Kris!

[hello?] fudge! Why did I pick up the phone without checking?! Why do iPhones have the same ring tone?! Damn it!

[Jessica?] ! He recognized my voice?!

[I know it’s you] I heard a chuckle on the other line. [ok, if you don’t want to speak to me fine. Just tell Sehun that I called. Enjoy your breakfast, bye!]

*click*

Sehun’s mouth slightly opened but then he continued to fix himself. “don’t worry, he won’t open his mouth and spill unnecessary information” he reassured me and grabbed his phone by the bedside table. I was about to rebut but he got ahead of me. “I’ll wait for you by the dining table, don’t make me wait long” he said before he walked out of his room.

He expects me to eat breakfast with him?! He wants me to have breakfast after we had another heated night?! ! I had another heated night with him! I don’t even know why we did that! We were fully sober. Not even a tinge of alcohol was in our system yet we still had . Why did we have ?!  What the heck is wrong with my freaking brain?! I am so screwed. Oh my, it’s too awkward.

This breakfast will be so awkward after how he made me feel last night. Yes, I remembered what happened last night as clearly as the day. He made me feel so damn good that I’m even longing for him no--- ! I should wash my face and get myself together.

Sehun’s POV

That was awkward.

Why did we do it again last night? We weren’t drunk that time. I was just lonely, envious of how much Jessica loves Luhan because I know that I never stood a chance against Chanyeol. Ugh, ! Here we go again with my unrequited love for Taeyeon, !              

But damn, Jessica just makes me feel so good. Damn it!

To: Wu Kris

Msg: I hope that you keep this a secret between the two of us

Kris: no worries Sehunie, but you better keep me up-to-date. Okay?

Me: depends on what will happen next hyung

Kris: :D

-end of conversation-

I don’t know how to respond to that smiley Kris just sent. He must be really thrilled right now, huh? A part of me is that it was Kris who called because if it was someone I probably needed a whole lot of explaining to do and a part of me feels like knowing that it was Kris because he gets a grip of the situation too fast, I really think that he’s got the pieces of the puzzle together now.

Ugh!

I heard the opening and the closing of my bedroom door indicating that Jessica is now heading towards my direction to grab some breakfast. A few seconds later she shyly entered the dining room.

“I hope you didn’t mind that I borrowed your boxer shorts” she said in a low voice. “I don’t mind, if wearing that would make you comfortable” I answered. “let’s eat, please take a seat” I offered the seat right across me and she just nodded her head and took my offer.

We started eating silently. I don’t know what to talk about with her.

Should I discuss what happened last night? No, I don’t think that topic would make her comfortable talking to me. The video? She might break down again and I clearly don’t know how to deal with her when she does that.

Kris? I think she’ll feel embarrassed if we talk about the guy who caught us being together early in the morning. Think Sehun, think. Taeyeon? What if we talk about her? Aish, really. Do I really want to continue hurting myself like this?

“S-S-Sehun…” Jessica called out earning her my attention.  “yeah?” I answered back.

“about last night….” She trailed off. I gulped hard, feeling nervous all of a sudden now that she’s about to talk about what happened last night.

“I hope we both forget about it” she stated.

For some reasons, I feel somehow disheartened by what she said. I don’t expect much really, but that statement wasn’t part of those things that I expected her to say. But, wait. What did I really expect her to say anyway?

“it’s not because it wasn’t great, because to be honest it was… great…. Mind blowing to exact” the volume of her voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter