030

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA 

“How are you doing dear? Have you settled things with Sehun already?” Mrs. Xi asked while she tends to her flowers. I handed her the scissors that she needed and answered, “We broke up”

Obviously, Mrs. Xi didn’t expect that answer from me. She stopped what she was supposed to do and stared at me. I just smiled at her.

“You two broke up?” she clarified and I nodded my head. “Seriously?”

“Yeah, seriously Ma. Sehun and I decided to break up and give time and space for ourselves. That way I can settle what I need to settle and so will Sehun” I explained. She furrowed her eyebrows and finally put down the scissor she was holding.

“What’s there to settle dear? You’re both single and not committed to anyone. Don’t tell me this is about Luhan again?”

I bit my lower lip and nodded.

“Why? Didn’t I tell you already to forget Luhan? We’ve already talked about this. And I already told you my son wants you to be happy. My son will surely be upset right now” she pouts.

“Ma, Luhan’s death anniversary is coming. Sehun wants me to concentrate on that for now. He wants me to have a proper closure with Luhan. And Ma, Sehun told me, he’ll court me properly this time around. So, don’t you worry, okay? I intend to have a happy ending. I’ll be deliriously happy” I explained reassuring Mrs. Xi.

Finally a smile surfaced on her beautiful face.

“That’s good to hear dear. I need to know his progress, okay? So, you better tell me details once he starts courting you again”

“Will that be okay with you?” I asked. She raised an eyebrow and asked, “Why wouldn’t it be?”

“You are my daughter now. And as your mother, I want to know all about you. I want to know your joys, your sadness and most importantly the status of your heart. It is my duty to look out for you” she explained and I couldn’t help but hug her.

“Thank you, Ma… Thank you for giving me your love. Thank you so much. I don’t know what I did to have you all love me this much. But, I am very grateful for this” I sobbed. She caressed my back and said, “You deserve this, my dear. You’ve suffered long enough it’s about time you get a happy ending. And I believe it should be me who’s thanking you. Thank you for allowing me to love you, for allowing me to continue being a mother”
 

-----------------------------------------------------

[I miss you]

“Is this your way of courting me? Just sending me text messages and just calling me? No chocolates? Flowers? Stuffed toys? I expect better than this” I answered and heard a chuckle from the other line. “If you just plan to laugh at me then I’m hanging up, Oh Sehun” I warned.

[Hey, Soo Yeon. Don’t be so short-tempered] he answered and I glared at the imaginary Sehun in front of me. [Don’t glare at me. You’re ]

I blinked a couple of times and looked around. It was only me in my office, how did he know that I was glaring at the imaginary him?

[I know you too well, Soo Yeon. I know just by your silence that you’re imagining me standing in front of you and now you’re glaring at me. Just thinking of you glaring at me is so damn ] he teases and I blush profusely.

[Would you mind going out of your office right now? I believe there is someone’s waiting for you. Or something] he speaks up after a moment of silence.

“What are you talking about? Are you outside?” I asked but he doesn’t answer my question. So instead I got up from my seat and walked to the door only to discover that there was a bouquet of flowers, a big teddy bear and a box of chocolate on my door step.

I looked up and saw my secretary and the employees who were close by staring at me, teasing me with their eyes and I blushed even more. I quickly gathered the things outside my door and hurriedly got in my office.

[Happy now?]

“You’re such an idiot”

[I’m an idiot for you] he chuckled and if I can blush more then I definitely am right now.

[Do you have lunch plans?]

“Yes. Taeyeon invited me and Tiffany over for lunch. She’s feeling lonely because Chanyeol is on a business trip right now” I answered while smelling the flowers he sent me.

[Oh, that’s sad. I was planning to take you out for lunch. Seems like the girls got you before I did] he sighed. I bit my lower lip and took the initiative, “You can drive me there and then pick me up later to send me home

[I’d like that idea. So, does 5 minutes from now sound good?]

“What?”

[meet me in 5 minutes]

“you’re on your way here?”

[nope, I’m already outside your office and I think it’ll only take you 5 minutes to get down here]I gasped hearing his answer. I ran towards the window and saw him leaning on his car.

He looks up and spotted me, [There you are. Come on down now, okay? I’ll be waiting]

-----------------------------------------------------
 

“yah, Park Taeyeon I thought it is just the three of us” was Tiffany’s words when we both stepped in the kitchen of Taeyeon and Chanyeol’s house. I arrived a few seconds after Tiffany. She gave me a teasing look when she saw me alighting Sehun’s car but I chose to ignore her. Taeyeon greeted us and led us to the dining area.

Taeyeon nodded her head and looked at me and Tiffany with a questioning look. So Tiffany asked, “Then why did you prepare these much food? It’s like you are going to feed ten people”

She looked at the table and then at us.

“isn’t this just enough for the three of us?” was Taeyeon’s reply and I guess both me and Tiffany raised our eyebrows before we looked at each other.

“Are you planning to fatten yourself Mrs. Park?” I asked as I settled on my seat and started digging in. Taeyeon shook her head and answered, “I’m perfectly fine with this figure”

“then why are you eating like you haven’t ate for a month?” Tiffany asked but was just ignored by Taeyeon who continued to feed herself. “yah, Park Taeyeon are you really that hungry?” she asked again.

“yeah, I am sooo hungry. Stop lecturing me about my appetite, okay?”

“okay, okay. But aren’t you worried about your husband? He’s far away and women practically throw themselves to him. Aren’t you a bit worried? You might bloat up and become really fat” Tiffany warned and Taeyeon frowned.

“that’s why I am here to ask you for your advice” Taeyeon whined startling me and Tiffany. “I miss him so much and I can’t stop thinking about him. I want him to do the same. I want him to miss me and stop thinking about me” she explained.

“wow, you really are so in love with him” Tiffany

“you want those to happen yet here you are fattening yourself, tch!” I remarked and she pouted.

“can’t help it, I’m so hungry”

“well, I think you’ve called the wrong people Taeng. Tiff and I are not married if you forgot. We don’t know how to handle husbands. You should’ve called Yuri or Hyoyeon for this. Those two have been married for like three years already” I explained with a  shrug.

“but Tiffany and you have been in relationships before, I’m a total zero prior to this. And well, Yuri is in Jeju right now while Hyo and Eunhyuk oppa have already migrated to Canada few months ago. So, I have no choice but to ask for the two of you for help. And besides, the two of you are best friends. So, please help me”

“Taeng, I’ve only been in like 3 relationships and they were short lived. You know that I can’t handle long distance relationship which is why broke up with Nickhun before he went to Thailand. So, sorry I’ve got really no advice for such” Tiffany said as she rolled her eyes. Taeyeon shifted her eyes to me and I can’t help but puff my cheeks.

“well, Luhan and I haven’t experienced being apart like you and Chanyeol”

“And Sehun and you are just starting so you can’t say anything to me about this, right?” Taeyeon said cutting me off.

“we actually ended everything last week” I corrected earning a collective gasp from them.

“what?!” Tiffany and Taeyeon asked in unison and I just nodded.

“but, didn’t he drive you here?” Tiffany asked and I nodded again. Knowing that the two of them are asking for an explanation, I opted to do so.

“he’s trying to get back with me. We’re taking things slow for now. We both needed space and time for ourselves” I explained and I know that I was blushing.

The two girls were smiling from ear to ear. I decided to change the topic to stop them from teasing. “Enough with me and Sehun. We aren’t here to talk about me and him. Let’s get back to Taeyeon and Chanyeol. So, Taeng when did you last have with him?” Taeyeon choked when she heard my question.

“hey, stop getting embarrassed over such thing. It’s perfectly normal for married couples. So, when did you last have with him? I’m guessing that you’re not following your absurd once a month schedule anymore, right?” Tiffany supported and nudged Taeyeon to speak up

Well, there is no escaping this topic Taeyeon.

“I’m not keeping track on how often we did it but we had before he left” Taeyeon answered embarrassed sharing such things to us.

“well, at least you gave him something like that before he left” Tiffany said leaning back on her seat. “you probably don’t have anything to worry, he’ll be thinking about the last time you did it” she added

“I actually don’t doubt his loyalty and I know for myself that I only love him, but…” Taeyeon trailed off embarrassed by her concern.

“but what?” we asked in chorus. She heaved a sigh a sigh and added, “I badly want to make love with him right now”

Tiffany dropped her jaw and the fork that she was holding, and I almost spit out the water that I was drinking. Surprise is an understatement. Our Taeyeon, our pure and innocent prior to Chanyeol, has never been this blunt and was always the conservative one.

“I don’t know why, but lately my drive have been so high that when Chanyeol was still around I was really having a hard time controlling myself not to pounce on him. Ugh! I really don’t know what’s wrong with me” Taeyeon explained further, obviously frustrated with her hunger to make love to Chanyeol.

“and you are trying to distract yourself with food?” Tiffany speculated. She shook her head, “nope, I’ve been really hungry really”.

The three of us continued to have our lunch interrogating Taeyeon when suddenly Tiffany suggested, “how about have video with him?”

Taeyeon and I both choked on our food and looked at Tiffany with wide eyes. No surprise of Hwang Miyoung who is the opposite of the conservative Kim Taeyeon. Despite them being so opposite, they’ve always got along. I on the other hand am more or less a mixture of both.

“what?” Tiffany asked. “with the technology today you can do it easily” she explained.

“gosh, that is so embarrassing Tiff!” Taeyeon complained

“phone then” she suggested again.

Taeyeon and I both shrugged off her suggestion because it seemed absurd. Our lunch continued and we promised each other to have lunch again tomorrow. Sehun wasn’t able to pick me up from Taeyeon’s house and from my work place because he had to perform an emergency operation. He tried to call me when he got off from work but I was already sleeping my off.

---------------------------------------------------------
 

“Mom, di-“ I stopped midway calling my mother whom I thought was in the kitchen when I saw someone else standing where my mother s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter