017

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

Selfish. Greedy. User. Parasite

That’s what I am.

I admit that I was jealous. I was jealous when a guy named Lee Donghae approached Jessica. He is already married yet he flirted with my girlfriend. I was also jealous when Park Chanyeol comforted his wife. I wanted to be in his shoes to comfort Taeyeon.

See my dilemma?

But it should be obvious to whom I should dedicate my time now. Taeyeon is married, and not just to anyone, but to my best friend Park Chanyeol. Yes, Kris did something to help them start but what happened after Kris intervened was totally their decision. It is also evident how much they love each other. I am in no position to snatch her away from him just because I loved her first before he did.

Jessica, she’s beautiful, smart, a bit feisty but it’s okay. She can make any man fall for her. There is a great chance that I will fall for her, putting in mind that I did get jealous when guys approach her. But, if she finds out that I am in love with her best friend, I don’t know how she would react. I don’t know how she’ll feel about. Worse comes to worse, I could probably hurt her. I don’t want to hurt her. She’s been through a painful heart break. I don’t think she can handle another one.

*ring ring ring*

Mom calling…

[Hi son! What time will you be arriving today?]

“we’ll be there for dinner”

[oh, that’s still 3 hours from now. Can’t you two just come over now? I really am excited]

“mom, the two of us still need to work. Wait for awhile, okay?”

[ugh, but I am so excited. By the way, what food does she like? Is there some certain cuisine that she likes? I read that she’s from California. Does she prefer western food?]

“nah, she’s not picky. How about me mom? Won’t you ask me what I want to eat?”

[you’re not important my future daughter-in-law is]

I could imagine my mom sticking her tongue out on the other line and I can’t help but laugh at her childishness. I’m glad that she’s hyped because it won’t do her any good if she’ll get sad and mope. My mom is fighting cancer. She passed through the stage of depression, and I never want to see her that way again. It is kind of a frustration for me, my sister and my dad as doctors when we knew of her disease. But thankfully we got a grip of the situation and now we are all fighting this disease with her.

“ouch, that hurts mom” I joked making her laugh.

[oh well, see you later. Bye son, I love you]

“I love you too mom”

---------------------------------------------

“do you think they will like me?” that question has been repeated for like 10 times already. And I think that it is cute. I held her hand with my free hand not leaving the stirring wheel with my other hand.

“I already told you, they will not just like you, they will love you. so, stop frowning already”

She heaved a sigh and freed her hand from mine.

“you know, you really act bipolar sometimes. Are you by any chance bipolar?” she asked knitting her eyebrows. “I hear that a lot. Your boyfriend probably is Ms. Jung. Are you scared?” I joked and she flushed red making me laugh.

“yah, Oh Sehun! Stop laughing!” she whined. And I tried to stop as I pulled over in front of my parents’ house. “aigoo, my girlfriend is so cute” I teased and pinched her cheeks.

“there! There you go again. you’re being unpredictable” she accused. I started to unbuckle my seatbelt before answering her. “get used to it now, babe” I winked and her face got redder. I stepped out of the car and walked to her side to open the door for her.

 “yah, Oh Seh---umpf!”

I pressed my lips unto hers and sort of pinned her to the door.

“I miss you” I told her breathless from our kiss with my forehead planted on hers.

“I miss you too” she replied with just the same breathlessness I had.

Wait.

That was awkward. Did I just say that?

Our silence was cut off when my phone beeped alerting me that I have just received a message.

From: Shim Se Mi (previously Oh Se Mi)

Msg: Brave move you did there bro, :D

-end of text-

My face fell and I felt my blood rushing to my face. I gathered my courage and looked over my shoulder only to see my older sister and mom giggling and squealing.

I bowed my head and sort of landed my head on Jessica’s shoulder.

“yah, what’s wrong?” Jessica questioned tapping my cheeks.

“look up” I answered and I guess she did because I just heard her say, “oh gosh”

 

Jessica’s POV

“Jessica, do you want some of this?” Sehun’s mom offered as she handed me another dish. This is probably the fourth dish that she offered me and I’ve been accepting each dish that she’s handing me and now my plate is full.

“mom, you do realize that Soo Yeon has a figure to maintain, don’t you? stop filling her plate, okay?” Sehun intervened and grabbed the dish away from me. “Oh, I’m so sorry Jessica. I was being insenstitive” his mom apologized

“no, it’s okay Mrs. Oh. Sehun’s just overreacting and probably is jealous of the attention you are giving me” I said. “oh dear, you’re so kind. How did my son get you? he doesn’t deserve someone as good as you are” his mom complimented me.

“yeah, I totally agree mom. Our Sehun is so prickly and has frequent mood swings. How can you stand someone like him?” Shim Se Mi added. She’s Sehun’s eldest sister, she’s a lawyer like her husband Shim Changmin. “I can ask just the same questions to your husband noona” Sehun rolled his eyes

“oh, you’re exaggerating Mrs. Oh, unnie” I shyly answered. “no, no, no. stop calling me Mrs. Oh, call me eomoni instead. Arasseo?”

“and call me abeoji too” Mr. Oh added making me blushed when they told me that. “a-a-arasseo, e-eo-eomoni, a-a-abeoji”

“isn’t she cute?” Yoon Sun Mi squealed. She is the second older sister of Sehun. She’s a teacher and is married to Yoon Shi Yoon who is business tycoon.

“totally agree with you unnie” the twins Oh Jin Ri and Oh Jin Na both squealed and high fived with each other. Jin Ri and Jin Na are both doctors. Jin Ri is a dermatologist while Jin Na is an anesthesiologist.

I flushed red at all their comments.

“thanks for the support noona” Sehun commented and rolled his eyes. “your most welcome my dear little brother” Se Mi unnie ruffled his hair making all of us laugh at their cuteness.

“I’m sorry for my children and my wife’s unruly behavior Jessica. Actually, in this household it is just me who is still normal” Mr. Oh said earning the gaze from his family. “what?” he innocently asked.

“normal. Says the man who can’t sleep without his teddy bear” Eomoni glared at her husband who sulked right away.

As dinner went on, I began to question if Sehun was really part of their family. Not that he looks different from them, because believe me good looks run in the family. But, his sisters, brothers-in-law, mom and dad are all smiling and happy go lucky and Sehun is… uhmmm… a little bit not like them. I guess that’s the reason why they kept on picking on him awhile ago.

Now the girls in his family and I are gathered in their living room while the guys are at the bar.

“so, Jess how did our brother court you?” Se Mi unnie asked me making all of them look to my direction. I gulped my saliva. “it makes me curious too. Sehun never introduced any girl to us before, and he didn’t even show any interest to any of the girls that we introduced to him” Sun Mi unnie added

“well…”

I started telling them our ‘story’ and I got the same reaction as my mom and sister. They all squealed and giggled.

“you girls seem to be having so much fun here” Se Mi unnie’s husband said as he walked in the living room with the boys. “oppa… I think our Sehunie has really matured” Se Mi unnie cried out as she linked arms with her husband.

“I want to hear about that” Sun Mi unnie’s husband said. “his proposal was simple yet it was romantic, oppa” Sun Mi unnie said.

“oh, really? I’d like to hear about it too” abeoji egged me to tell the story again. I looked at Sehun who has already sat beside me and s his hand around my waist. He just nodded his head signaling me that I should be the one who will tell them about it. And so I did.

“omo, look at where Sehun’s hand is!” Jin Ri unnie squealed as she noticed where Sehun’s hand was. I flushed red when they all teased us.

“what? She’s my girlfriend. It’s not like appa and the hyungs never did this” Sehun defended and pulled me closer to him making his breath touch the crook of my neck. “possessive, aren’t we?” abeoji teased and laughed.

----------------------------

“I hope to hear wedding bells soon” abeoji teased both me and Sehun.

“dad, don’t pressure them” Jin Na unnie butted in. “yeah, dad. Don’t pressure me and Soo Yeon. Jin Na and Jin Ri noona should go ahead first” Sehun added

“yah! Oh Sehun!” the twins both hit Sehun’s head.

“ouch! That hurts!” Sehun whimpered making all of us laugh. “babe, we should really go now. My sisters are going to murder me. I still want to live longer” Sehun suggested while massaging his head.

“Thank you for the dinner, eomoni, abeoji” I said as Sehun and I started to walked towards the door. It was already getting late and we both still have work tomorrow.

“oh, the pleasure is all ours dear. Preparing dinner for our first soon-to-be daughter-in-law brings me so much delight. It should be me who’s thanking you for accepting our invit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter