15

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

I don’t think I will survive being a doctor for just a day. Just seeing the scene of Taeyeon being rushed to the hospital made me so damn scared, how much more if I was the one treating her?

Now, I’m trying to calm myself in Sehun’s office. It’s been almost two hours now since he told me to stay here and wait for him to come back so that we can talk things out. I initially didn’t want to talk to him after our fight this afternoon but I just don’t think I can drive in my condition right now. So, I took his offer to stay in his office while he attends to Taeyeon.

But, it was weird though. I never thought that he would panic like that. I mean, he has already seen far worse cases than to that of Taeyeon’s yet he still panicked like all hell broke loose awhile ago. Well, it is probably because he actually knows the patient.

Yeah, maybe

While I waited, I decided to go around his office and look around. He had lots of certificates displayed on his wall. He’s definitely a smart person, I must say. Ever since we were in high school he always had achievements. He had a picture of his family, Mr. & Mrs. Oh were seated, he stood behind his parents while his four older sister stood on both of his sides. I have to say good looks run the family.

He also has a big portrait of him depicting his cold demeanor and his ulzzang qualities. He had a few picture frames too. Most of them are pictures of him with Chanyeol, Kris and Kai. The three of them looked so tall in their pictures and it is always Chanyeol in the middle, well, it has to be that way because in most pictures Kris and Sehun always gave the cold aura while Chanyeol was the happy sun. This is probably the reason why the nurses thought he was gay.

So, he doesn’t really have a girl who is close to him aside from his sisters? Did he even had a girlfriend before me? But, how can he be so good and experienced if he never had a girlfriend? Wait. Did I just really consider myself as his official girlfriend?

I shook my head to erase unnecessary thoughts and keep my head straight.

I continued to wander around his office, when suddenly I saw a very familiar face in one of the photo frames. It was taken when we were seniors. I remembered quite well because we fought that day. We argued because he dyed his hair without informing me, though I hate to admit that his new hair color suits him.

I smiled seeing Luhan looking so handsomely in the picture.

For some reasons, looking at Luhan’s picture feel so strange and weird. I can’t explain what kind of emotion I am feeling right now. Yes, I can feel that I miss him so badly, but it’s not the same as before where I wanted to just breakdown and hold whatever that reminds me of him close to me. Now, it’s different.

Actually there are two pictures of Luhan. The other one was probably taken during one of their outings because they are in a hotel room. He looks really like a kid with that kind of surprised look. I smiled looking at how vigorous and young Luhan looked. But then I noticed Sehun on the corner of the picture, he was on his phone, with a very serious look on his face.

Is he texting a girl here? Wait, did he have a girl friend before? He never opened up to me if he had someone he liked before.

I blinked a couple of times when I realized what I was doing.

, am I being possessive?

The door suddenly creaked and Sehun stepped in his office. I immediately turned around to look at him. And as usual he is giving off a very cold aura.

“what took you so long? Is Taeyeon okay already? What happened to her?” I asked. He grabbed a glass of water and turned his back on me without saying one word.

“yah! Answer me! What happened to Taeyeon?!” I demanded

“she was just fatigued, she’s fine… Chanyeol hyung is with her” he answered with a really rather low tone and his head bent down but I couldn’t care any less. I just wanted to rant at him.

“and so? You just left me here to wait for almost two hours when in fact Taeyeon’s condition was just that simple?! Gahd! What the heck?! You didn’t even check up on me! If you really want those nasty rumors to die down, you should have treated me right!” I blew up

“How can you be insensitive towards women?! How can you think of using me?! And just now, I was so worried sick yet you didn’t notify me whatsoever! Did you ever had a girlfriend before? Or did you ever like someone?”

“I have loved someone before” he answered, his shoulders lumping and his head still bowed as he leaned against a table. It came to me as a big revelation hearing that he indeed did love someone before. And hearing it somehow infuriates me more.

 “but she never loved me back” he added.

 “that’s probably because you didn’t treat her right!”

“JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!” Sehun finally flared up slamming his hands on the table.

Today, I saw a lot Sehun’s different sides. He was sweet and caring, then panicky and now really angry and pissed. This is the first time that I have seen him so angry and it scares me. I shut my mouth up as he commanded.

He closed his eyes for a few moments and then heaved out a sigh.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to raise my voice on you” he apologized finally looking at me. That was when I noticed the look on his face.

He looked hurt, frustrated, broken.

I know that I should have comforted him but I chose to keep quite.

“are you hungry? Shall we go and grab some dinner?” he asked glancing at his wrist watch. There he goes again, making me feel so guilty and stupid with my ranting. Again, I chose not to answer.

He took my silence as a yes. He went near me and held my hand, locking our fingers together. And then he dragged me gently towards his car, too gently that anyone who didn’t know about our current status would really say that we are dating.

When we got in his car, we didn’t spoke any word. He didn’t ask me where I want to eat or what I wanted to eat, instead he chose for me. We ate in silence and he drove me home in silence.

He walked me to the gate.

“so, uhmm… I’m sorry” I finally swallowed my pride. “I… uhhh----“ I wasn’t able to finish my stuttering when he suddenly peck on my lips. I felt my heart skipping a beat with just that brief contact of our lips.

“let’s talk about things next time, I am not in the mood right now. Good night” he said. I just nodded my head, still lost for words. He walked back to his car and drove off without even waiting for me to get in.

----------------------

The following morning, when news about Taeyeon being hospitalized got out, Tiffany, Yoona, Chansung and Kyuhyun all rushed to the hospital dragging me, Kris and Sehun. Don’t get me wrong, I want to visit her as much as they do, just that I did not know how to act in front of them with Sehun.

Tiffany, together with Chansung oppa drove pass by our house to pick me up so that we could go there together while Yoona, Kyuhyun oppa and Kris said to met up with us in the hospital lobby.

“is that your car?” Tiffany asked noticing my car which was parked in the car park of the hospital as we walked towards the entrance of the hospital.

I just nodded.

“why is it there?” she asked again as we finally entered the hospital elevator that will bring us to the lobby. . What am I going to say?

“aigoo Tiff, wasn’t Jessica the one who told us that Taeng was rushed to the hospital?” Chansung oppa intercepted. “I know, that’s why I’m asking why it is there. You just left it there?” Tiffany rebutted.

Oh god, Tiffany could really be such a pain.

“I was here for a check-up and I got tired after which so I chose to take a cab”

I lied. And I really don’t know why I just did that. With a “check-up” being my cover up, Tiffany’s face immediately contoured with worry. “check-up? What for? Are you depressed again?” she asked as we stepped out of the elevator and started walking towards the lobby.

I shook my head, “I’m fine Tiff, don’t worry” I reassured her. She was about to say her litany but then something stopped her, I mean someone stopped her. When I looked around Kris Wu was standing behind me. Tiffany was immediately  and I don’t know why.

Then came Kyuhyun oppa who was at the front desk asking for Taeyeon’s room number. When he got back, it wasn’t just him, Sehun accompanied him and now it is me who got muted. Oh , how do I respond to him now?

I was probably dozing out because I totally got lost and didn’t hear what they said. “come on Jess” Tiffany called out and brought me back to reality. I just followed along with them. Surprisingly, Sehun, Kris, Chansung and Kyuhyun actually get along really quite wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter