019

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

“hey”, she called out as she sat beside me. I looked at her for a brief moment before I went back to concentrating on my breakfast plate.

Jessica and I haven’t really spoke to each other after she pushed me to go to the party while she stayed behind and had fun talking to Kyuhyun the whole time I was worrying about her. And it is kind of surprising that she decided to sit beside me.

Usually, it is me who would follow her to where she is seated and if ever I sit ahead of her, she wouldn’t sit beside me if there are more empty seats like today.

I just nodded my head and grabbed a piece of pancake that both Chanyeol and Taeyeon prepared. It seems that the married couple have already made up. Though it isn’t a wonderful sight for me to see, I still am relieved that they won’t be hurting each other any further.

My heart still constricts and pains whenever I see Taeyeon and Chanyeol together. I won’t deny that. But, slowly I am tolerating the pain. Or am I starting to move on from her?

I really don’t know.

But, I think I am really moving on because instead of concentrating on Chanyeol and Taeyeo I am now thinking as to why Jessica suddenly decided to sit with me. I am still bothered by last night’s scene. I might be just jealous.

“you want some chocolate syrup?” Jessica offered and I just shook my head. Well, actually I needed honey syrup not chocolate, and definitely not before I placed butter in my pancake which I haven’t placed yet.

“Sehun,” Yoona called out. She was sitting on my right while Jessica was on my left. I looked at her direction and she offered me butter. I smiled at her and nodded my head as I grabbed the butter off her hand. “thanks, Yoong”

“your welcome, Hunie. Here, your favorite honey syrup” she replied and handed me the honey syrup.

I smiled at her once more before I started eating breakfast. Breakfast went on just normally. Chanyeol and Taeyeon were really mushy, Chansung and Sojin bickered but nonetheless they were just flirting, Kris was being a gentleman to Tiffany, Cheondung and Minah were just eating silently. Kyuhyun and Yoona probably haven’t resolved the glitch between the two of them after Yoona ran off last night. As for me and Jessica, I told her that we needed to talk.

I want to clarify things between the two of us.

Jessica’s POV

We are now both by the beach, him submerging his feet in the water while I sat on the sand just a few feet behind him. I was staring at his broad back when he finally asked after what seemed like eternity.

“is there something that you want to tell me?”

I didn’t quite get what he meant. “huh? What do you mean?”

Based on the movement of his shoulders he heaved a sigh before asking me, “is there something I need to know?”

“I don’t get you” I told him. Seriously, I don’t understand how his brain is working right now. He tells me that we need to talk and he’s asking me if there is something that he should know. Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?

There are so many things that I don’t know about him. Like, who is his first love, did he get over her already, why does Yoona know how he likes his pancakes, why was he acting that way towards Yoo--- oh, crap! Is Yoona his first love?

He heaved another sigh and turned to face me.

“you don’t want to tell me the real reason why you didn’t go to the party?” he asked. I crooked my eyebrow, “I told you, didn’t I? I wasn’t feeling well”

“you’re lying” he said with much conviction that it made me flinch.

“nonsense. I really wasn’t feeling we—“

“really now?” he asked rather coldly. I averted my eyes from his and nodded my head. I heard him sighing before he started walking towards me.

“what did you and Kyuhyun talk about?” he asked after he settled himself beside me, sitting on the sand.

“it’s something personal”

“like you having a crush on him?” he accused making me look at him instantly. My face scrunched up in utter shock and confusion. How did he know that?

“how did I know that?” he asked as if reading what was on my mind.  He then scoffed before his lips curved into an angry smirk. “you were happily chatting with him last night. You think I wouldn’t hear it when I’m just a few feet away?”

I was offended with how he spoke to me, with the words that he used, and I don’t know why the heck he is acting this way.

“so? what if I did?” I replied with just the same manner that he did

“you could have at least told me that you wanted to be alone with Kyuhyun instead of lying to me, saying you are not feeling well! I shouldn’t have worried about you, when in fact you were having fun on your own!” he spat.

“what’s so wrong about staying with Kyuhyun? What’s so wrong about enjoying his presence?” I asked this time not as calm as I was before, I started to raise my voice at him. Not only am I offended, this time I am utterly insulted. He is making me look like I lied just so I could be alone with Kyuhyun which is downright wrong. What the heck is his problem?!

“you are asking me, what’s wrong?!” he asked squinting his eyes on me.

I nodded.

“because you are my girlfriend and Kyuhyun is Yoona’s fiancé, yet you are flirting with each behind our backs. While we are away worrying about you two, here you are flirting with one another”

*pak*

“so, you are saying that I am cheating on you while Kyuhyun oppa is cheating on Yoona?” I asked with tears b in my eyes. Sehun didn’t face me, he stood still with his cheeks reddening from my slap.

Yes, I just slapped him. It angers me so much that he is accusing me and Kyuhyun of cheating. He doesn’t have the right to say such thing to me and especially to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun is like a brother to me and nothing more than that. Yes, I might had a crush on him but it was just a crush and it was years ago.

I sniffed as I controlled my tears and sob. “well, for your information Mr. Oh Sehun, Kyuhyun oppa was telling me his plan to propose to Yoona today. And if you forgot, the thing between us, this is all just a deal. You are just my pretend boyfriend” I spoke.

Sehun looked surprised with the words that came out of my mouth. I was too, actually.

Sehun pierced me with his gaze. I know, I shouldn’t have said the last part especially now that it seems that I have come to like him… wait… what?

Yeah, I am starting to like him and it was Kris who made me realize that. But, it is too late, isn’t it? I’ve already said it.

“Sehun, I-

The sudden change in Sehun’s facial expression stopped me from talking any further. Sehun’s expression change, from that of anger it turned blank.

“yeah, right. It’s just a deal. A deal is a deal. Thanks for reminding me Jessica. I’m sorry for offending you by accusing you of such. Don’t worry, I’ll always put it in mind that, this, the thing between us, it’s all just a deal. I am just your pretend boyfriend” he spoke emphasizing what I regret saying. He smiled and then he walked off.

I ran after him and held his wrist.

“Sehun, let’s I’m sorry that wasn’t what I wanted to say. Come on, let’s talk properly” I apologized.

“You’ve already made things clear, Jessica. There is nothing else for us to talk about” he said as he removed my hand from his wrist and continued to walk away.

--------------------------------------

“have you packed up?” Sehun’s head popped out of the door. Is he talking to me right now? Aren’t we still not okay after I blatantly slapped the truth on his face? Isn’t he supposed to be still angry at me right now? I don’t understand him at all.

He started walking towards me and sat beside me on the edge of my bed.

“I see that you’re done, let me carry this for you honey” he offered and got my luggage.

“Sehun, I-“ I tried to stop him by holding his wrist. He turned to face me and landed his lips on mine. “Don’t worry about me, honey. I can carry this. I am stronger than how I look” he said making his breath touch my face since our faces were really close after he released my lips.

I was stunned by his sudden action. After the kiss from the other day, we haven’t had any skinships after instead we got into a fight just an hour ago. And now, he is suddenly sweet and mushy. Is he really bipolar or something?

Suddenly, Sojin’s squeal got me back to reality.

“oh my gosh, Sehun is so manly. I never thought him that way. Honey? Oh my gosh, he just called you honey and stole a kiss from you! he is making me blush just from looking at both of you” Sojin said acting cutely wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter