16

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s POV

“I wonder where your sister could be off to right now” my mother mused as she entered my bedroom. I raised my eyebrow at her. “your sister snuck out of the house and it’s already late” she added. Upon hearing what she said, I immediately got on my feet and marched to my sister’s room which is right across mine. And indeed my sister snuck out because her room is just an empty space.

“maybe she’s off to see Sehun oppa. I guess Sehun oppa’s schedule is really full and they seem to haven’t been going out. unnie’s been travelling from the boutique and home only these past few days. Maybe, Sehun oppa’s free tonight” I speculated.

“can you ask her where she’s going?” mom asked and I nodded. I quickly grabbed my phone and sent unnie an sms, to which she replied immediately.

To : Unnie

Msg : Unnie, where are you going? It’s already late, mom’s kinda worried

Unnie : Sehun got drunk, I need to get him and take care of him for tonight

-end of conversation-

I read her message aloud and I guess unnie would really kill me because my words probably fueled my mom’s brain with some crazy thoughts.

“mom, what are you doing?” I nervously asked as I saw my mom happily tapping her phone. “nothing really” she answered smiling from ear to ear without looking at me. “mom, I think your nothing doesn't really mean nothing. You’re scaring me” I told her

“you’ll know tomorrow Krys, you’ll know” my mom trailed off and left my room.

‘I’m sorry unnie’ I whispered knowing my mom’s got some crazy idea in her right now.

----------------

Sehun’s POV

“we seriously don’t need to go”

“you can just drop me off at our gate and then you can go to the hospital”

“oh my gosh, I shouldn’t have told Krystal my whereabouts last night”

Jessica continued to panic beside me in the car as we head to her parents’ house. I squeezed her hand and looked at her as we came across a red light.

“calm down, okay? It should be me who’s nervous not you. so, please just calm down, okay?” I tried to reassure her. She frowned and drooped her shoulders. “hey, cheer up” I said as I pinched her cheeks.

“ouch!” I chuckled at her reaction. “It’s not like your parents will eat me right?” I asked her while I caressed her face to ease the pain on her cheek. I got back to my driving when the traffic light turned green.

“I also promised your mom I’ll introduce myself properly next time. I think today is the best time since I don’t have work” I added.

Well, today we are off to have some quality time with Jessica’s family. Her mom told her to bring me to their house today. Apparently, Jessica snuck out last night and her dad doesn’t like the thought of her sneaking out like that just to meet me. And so, to appease her dad I must be introduced to them today.

I told Jessica to take a shower while I take care of the dishes. We both agreed to start dating each other and try to forget our painful pasts. She convinced me to agree with her proposal and made it sound like I am no parasite who’s just using her. She called it “mutualism” since both of us can benefit from our set up. Well, I do hope we both benefit from this.

“!” Jessica suddenly screamed from my bedroom. I immediately run towards her, worrying that she might have injured herself while taking a bath or something.

“wha--- oh, ! I’m sorry!” by instinct I quickly exited my room and excused myself because I just came crashing into my room and saw Jessica with just a towel wrapped around her, her hair was put down and was dripping. But to my surprise she pulled me in and shoved her phone to my face.

From: Mom

Msg: your dad is upset because you snuck out to meet your boyfriend. Introduce him tomorrow or daddy will sulk. and you don’t want that, do you?

-end of text-

“, I forgot how protective dad is” Jessica said slapping her forehead. “I haven’t formally introduced you yet and now I spent the night with you. he will really grill me”

“oh god, I can’t imagine dad’s face. He must be fuming. Oh god, no” she continued to panic and paced back and forth in front of me

“Soo—“

“how did he know I was meeting you? it must be Krystal! Aish, that girl”

“Soo---“

“I am going to grill her before dad grills me”

“Soo Yeon!” I finally caught her attention and made her stop from panicking. “I’m sorry that I caused your dad to be upset with you. I’ll meet them so stop worrying, ok?”

“but Se---“

“we’ll be fine, don’t worry. But, before anything else… erm… I’ll excuse myself first so that you can get changed” I said and made her automatically cover her body

 “but, what are we going to tell if they ask about us?” she asked and it got me thinking too. We can’t tell the whole truth about us. Lie? Would she allow me to do that?

“we need to make up a story” she suddenly suggested. “are you okay with that?” I asked.

“there is no other way, is there?” she asked and I shook my head surrendering to her suggestion. “besides, we can use whatever we can formulate today when you introduce me to your family and to whoever will interrogate us like our friends who doesn’t have any idea yet” she explained and I couldn’t agree more with her.

“okay, let’s talk about it in then” I agreed before making a right turn. “so, we’re now dating for two months” I started remembering what lie I told my mother.

“we met again in Taeyeon and Chanyeol’s wedding, we got paired up and you developed a crush on me. Then you confessed to me and asked me out the night when we hang out at their house” she added and I just nodded.

“then you gave me your answer that night that I picked you up at your boutique” I contributed and she shook her head in disagreement “no, that’s too plain”

“oh-kay? So, what happened then?”

“I can’t just be your girlfriend without you proposing to me. So, you better think of a proposal that could make me say yes” she challenged me. “me?”

“yes, you Mr. Oh should think. Now, let me hear your idea of a surprise proposal”

---------------------

“daddy, I am so sorry for sneaking out last night. I promise, I will never do it again” Jessica immediately ran and pleaded to her father. I quickly followed her and bowed to her dad. “Good day Mr. Jung, I am Oh Sehun, Jessica’s boyfriend”

To be honest, Jessica’s father looks really rather strict and he is scaring me.

“nice to meet you Sehun, I never heard about you. I am pleased to know that my princess is finally dating” Mr. Jung answered and smiled at me. That is weird. He never heard of me? How come her mother said he wants to meet me?

Then, he turned to his daughter, “Soo Yeon, Princess, what are you talking about?” Mr. Jung questioned and both mine and Jessica’s faced contoured with confusion.

“aren’t you upset that I snuck out last night to meet Sehun?”

“you snuck out last night? I didn’t know of that. Well, Princess you’re already 22 now you can go out if you want”

“and you did not demand to meet Sehun?” Mr. Jung shook his head to Jessica’s question.

Jessica grimly faced her mother who just smiled at her and then clung to me. “oops, I lied” Mrs. Jung said acting all innocent.

“mom!”

“oh come on dear, you can’t just leave mommy and daddy out. And besides, Sehun promised to come and join us in our meal one day, right Sehun?” I just nodded my head even if I didn’t get quite well what Mrs. Jung was talking about. “see?” she added

“ugh! Soo Jung!” this time Jessica faced Krystal and she immediately hid behind me. “unnie, I didn’t know about eomma’s plan. I just found out too” Krystal reasoned out.

“calm down Princess. Mom just wanted to know Sehun, you can’t be mad at her for wanting to know your boyfriend” Mr. Jung tried to convince Jessica in defense for his wife. Jessica just rolled her eyes and surrendered to her dad’s plea.

“Sehun ssi, do you know that Jess doesn’t know how to cook?” Mrs. Jung asked

“mom!”

“I know she can make breakfast food” I answered. “yah, what are you saying?” Jessica glared at me. “for the information of everyone, my cooking skills have improved” she bragged

“oh really, princess? Then how about you help mom in preparing lunch while Sehun and I have some man to man talk” Mr. Jung suggested and I could only gulp in fear.

“bu-bu-but dad-“

“come, Sehun. Let’s talk in the living room” Mr. Jung completely ignored Jessica and dragged me.

Jessica’s POV

“I never thought I would fall for yours and Soo Jung’s trick” I murmured as the three of us prepared our lunch. “unnie, I already told you, I am not part of eomma’s plans” Soo Jung reasoned out

“oh, stop sulking Soo Yeon. And Soo Jung you helped me out if you forgot” mom retorted.

“this is so unbelievable” I said out of frustration. Mom just rolled her eyes on me. “well, anyways. Jess, how did Sehun propose to you? how did you meet?” mom suddenly bombarded me with questions.

Both mom and Krystal’s eye were gleaming in excitement. I just hope they will like Sehun’s lie, because I did. I heave a sigh before I started telling them the Sehun and I both formulated

“we were schoolmates way back when we were in high school. He is actually a close friend of Luhan’s cousin, Kris” they were both shocked by the introduction that I said. Sehun was never part of my stories-to-tell when I was in high school. I never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter