033

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 33 JESSICA

“Don’t you need to be in the hospital today?” I asked Sehun who was seated in my office chair. He looked up and shook his head. “Nah, I’m off today” he explained. “How was your meeting?” he asked as stood up from my seat and walked over to the couch.

“Well,” I started off as I settled down on next to him, “hectic as usual, like all those pre-fashion show meetings but it ended well. Hopefully, the show too”

He nods and placed his hands on my shoulders, “I bet it will go without a hitch”

“Are you sure you’ll just be fine here?” I asked and earned an eyebrow raise. “Are you trying to kick me out?”

“No. I’m just concerned that you might get bored. Don’t you need to rest?” I continued.

“Just looking at you makes me gain energy” he winked making me giggle. “But, seriously love, don’t you need to be somewhere today?” I asked again cupping his face with my hands.

“I’ll just get bored at home. And seriously, I enjoy watching you work. So, don’t mind me and just do your thing over there. I’ll be as silent as a rat here” he reassured me. I nod and went to my desk going back to my work. A few moments after, I noticed that he pulled out his iPad and reading glasses. He always have his iPad and reading glasses. Sehun being a doctor requires him to constantly study.

“now look at that” I told myself. It’s not the first time that I’ve seen Sehun studying. I know he’s studying just by looking at him. The face that he’s making only appears when he is studying. And that face is really attractive which suddenly makes me want to eat ice cream.

“Hon” I called out. “Yes, hon?”, he responds without looking.

“Do you want to have some ice cream? Strawberry flavored?” I asked making Sehun look my way.

“Wow. That was specific” he remarks with an amused smile.

How can he look more attractive than how he was a few seconds ago? – my inner voice asks.

I shrug. “Can’t I be?” I asked him and he shook his head before removing his reading glasses. “I prefer being specific actually. But don’t you usually dislike strawberry? Aren’t you a vanilla type of person?”

“Yeah, you’ve got a point there” I pondered. “Does that mean you won’t get me one? I’d love to have one right now” I reasoned. He’s forehead creased.

“This is not your way of kicking me out, is it?” he asks doubtful of my intention which started to tick me off. “Are you going to get it for me or should I get it myself?” I asked.

Sehun immediately stood up and said, “nope, I’ll go get it” as he walked out my office.

As Sehun exits, Krystal enters. “What was that about?” she asked as she approached my desk. I waved signaling that it was nothing.

“Really? How come Sehun oppa looked tense?” she prodded as she handed some papers to me. “I wanted some ice cream but he had so many questions which was starting to tick me off. So yeah” I answered while looking at the papers she just submitted.

“eh? You know the guy just got back from a conference yet you’re pushing him around”

“I’m not pushing him around, okay? I told him to get some rest but he insisted on staying here. And I was planning to go with him and get ice cream but he walked off by himself” I explained while signing the papers she gave me.

“Fine. If you say so” Krystal mutters as she grabs the papers that I’ve just signed. “I’m heading back now. And unnie, don’t let your temper get ahead of you, okay? You’re going back to your hot headed self again” she reminds while walking out.

Krystal’s right, oh no.

“I’m ba--- what’s the matter?” Sehun’s merry greeting was cut short when he saw me. It didn’t take long for Sehun to be by my side and effortlessly turned my seat to face him as he squat in front of me. “Baby, what’s wrong?” he asked as he cupped my face making me look at him.

It has been fifteen minutes since he left to get ice cream and a little less than that since Krystal reminded me of my temper, ever since then my mind has been muddled by what Krystal said.

“Sooyeon?”

“I’m sorry” I sobbed.

Sehun was unquestionably surprised. “What? Why?”

“Because I’ve been pushing you around today not even thinking of how tired you are. You’re probably still jet-lagged right now and instead of letting you rest, I ordered you to go get ice cream” I confessed as I tears feels down my eyes.

I was engulfed in Sehun’s embrace immediately. “Baby, its fine. You don’t need to cry over this. And you’re not pushing me around. Buying ice cream isn’t much of a task anyways”

“It’s not just about the ice cream. Even this morning, instead of accepting your gift, I threw it away instead when all you were thinking when getting that was just because you thought I like it. And during breakfast, you were placing food on my plate which I all rejected because I didn’t like them” I finally broke down crying on his shoulder.

Sehun pulled away, lifted my chin up and wiped my tears. “I love you” he said before landing a chaste kiss on my lips. “I don’t understand why you’re so upset about those things that you said just now. If you think I’ll give up on you because of those things, then you’re wrong. We’ve overcome more difficult problems and issues than these and I’m still madly in love with you. So stop crying now, okay?”

Sehun assures me, attempting to stop me from crying but instead, I became a crying mess even more. I was so touched with what he said that I couldn’t hold my tears and ugly sobs anymore. Sehun starts to caress my back, “sssshhhh, stop crying now Hon. Please stop being upset now. The ice cream will melt if we don’t eat it soon.”

“Thank you and I love you so much too, Sehun” I said pulling away from his embrace. Sehun smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead. “Good then. Shall we eat the ice cream now?” he replied and I nodded my head.

And just like that the day passed.

Sehun was about to drive me home when he received a call from his Mom, inviting him for dinner. Before saying yes to his Mom he faced me and seemed like he was asking permission, to which I nodded my head.

This is the second time that I went to Sehun’s family house and apparently his grandfather was home, it was the first time I met Mr. Oh too.

“Oh, so you are the girlfriend that my lovely daughter-in-law has been talking about?” Mr. Oh exclaims as soon as he met me before I could even greet him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter