022

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEHUN

“So, where are you taking me?” Jessica asked as she put on her seatbelt.  I looked over the side mirrors before pulling over from the curb side.

“we’re going back to my place” I answered.

“oh, did you forget something?” she asked and I shook my head as an answer to her question. I can feel that she was looking at me for me to explain further. And I’m guessing that she’s raising her eyebrow at me.

“nope, it’s just that my bed is waiting for us” I said as I looked at her and wiggled my eyebrow. She immediately got my message because her eyes doubled in size and she blushed.

“Sehun!” she shrieked

“well, the couch is good too” I added this time winking at her.

“Sehun!” she shrieked again and this time with a slap on my arm. “gosh, you’re such a ert” she added. I laughed at her cute reaction before I reached out to her cheek and pinched it.

“I was just kidding, honey. We can do it later tonight after hyung’s concert”

“Sehun! Stop joking around!”

“am not”

“Oh Sehun!”

“you’ll know later, honey” I simply answered as I ruffled her hair. I can feel that she was pouting and imagining her pouting placed a smile on my lips.

Few moments later, I noticed her shifting on her seat and now I believe she’s facing me with a pout. “Can’t you tell me?” she pleaded cutely. I shook my head, “sorry honey, but I can’t. or else, it won’t be a surprise anymore”

“okay then” she surrendered as she leaned back on her seat. “But, your surprise better be a good one, okay? Or else, I’m so breaking up with you” she threatened

“oh, you wouldn’t do that and you definitely will not have to do that. I assure you, you’ll have fun there” I answered as I got hold of her hand and interlaced our fingers together while winking at her. I noticed that she was blushing before she quickly turned her face away from me.

“ow, you like too much you’re blushing already” I teased

“am not” she denied

“oh don’t deny it, honey. It’s okay to feel like that, it’s normal if you have a younger, hot and handsome boyfriend like me”

“I never knew you were this conceited Oh Sehun” she countered

“you like me anyway” I answered

“I really made a wrong choice” she mumbled

“I’ll prove you wrong, honey” I retorted.

Her phone suddenly beeped so she fished out her phone from her bag, removing her hand from my grasp. As soon as she saw the message she immediately started chuckling. She immediately replied and placed her phone back in.

“who was that?” I asked as eyed the beautiful smile adorned on her face.

“it was just mom”

“ow, what did she say?” I asked while nodding my head

“well, apparently we were caught and she said she’s quite disappointed that we didn’t ask permission to go out but then she said she’s forgiving us anyways because she loves you so much” she answered as she interlaced her hand and mine.

“I think my mother loves you more than she loves me and I don’t understand why” she mumbled. I just laughed at her cute jealous statement. “and they trust you too much too” she added.

“what kind of sorcery did you place on them?” she asked

“I already told you, didn’t I? I am a noona magnet, no one can resist me, not even moms” I answered with a wink. “ew” she cringed before we both laughed.

The drive wasn’t long, in fact I think it happened too fast even if I was just going on an average pace. I guess time really does fly fast when you’re having fun.

“we’re here” I announced as our destination came into our view. I looked over to her side and saw that she was surprised, she was staring intently at the gate that it seemed like she didn’t hear. She was just silent and I don’t know, surprised?

“Wonderland?” she asked silently

“Yeah, my sisters liked it when my brothers-in-law brought them here in this theme park and that is probably why I always wanted to come here with a girlfriend before, but I never had one until you. So, I decided to bring you here today” I explained as I parked the car in the parking lot.

“I never went here before because I made a resolve that I should only come here with a girlfriend. How about you, have you ever been here before?” I asked as I pulled on the hand break.

Jessica seemed to be in a daze. She didn’t answer me, she was just blankly staring at the car’s hood.

“Soo Yeon?” I called out as I gripped her hand to call her attention. She looked at me and she seemed puzzled as to what was happening.

“did you say something?” she asked

“are you okay?”

“y-yeah, I am. Why?”

“you weren’t listening to me, were you?” I asked and she bit her lip. “I’m guessing that you’ve been here before based on your reaction. Did you have a bad memory here? Don’t you like it here? I’m sorry. I should’ve told you awhile ago. Is there a place that you want to go? We can go there instead” I offered.

I’ve been surrounded with women for 24 years, my mom, my four sisters plus my cousins. Growing up with them gave a sort of knowledge to read women and right now I can clearly see that my girlfriend uneasy and uncomfortable.

I don’t want to force her to tell me what the problem is, I know she’d tell me eventually. And I definitely don’t want to be insensitive and proceed with my plan, even if I really want to proceed with it. For now, I can just compromise.

But, she shook her head and then she smiled at me.

“You’ve been longing to come here, so we should go. And besides, I’m fine… I was just spacing out a bit… recalling what happened before when… the girls and I last came here…” she said and chuckled in the end.

“are you sure?” I asked since there’s a tiny bit of doubt in me. She nodded her head happily and smiled before saying, “I am sure, so sure. So, let’s go there are a lot of people these days in Wonderland since it’s the holiday so we better hurry”

We both got out of the car and walked hand in hand towards the entrance of the theme park. We got our tickets and we walked in. Truth be told, what she said was right. There were lots of people walking around, mostly children.

“wow, this place is really crowded. Are you fine with crowded places?” I asked and she just nodded. “I’m not. So, hold my hand tightly because I’ll hold yours tightly too, I don’t want to get separated from you” I whispered as I pulled her closer to me.

I noticed the pink tint on her cheeks as I looked down on her and it placed a smile on my face, it somehow makes me proud that I can make Jessica blush like this. I placed a kiss on the crown of her head as I smelled her hair.

“you smell like my shampoo, honey” I commented

“what do you expect? I used your shampoo, didn’t I?” she answered shyly and I chuckled at her cutemess. “so, where do you want to go?” she asked as she looked around the area.

“I don’t know, I’m thinking of just going back to my unit now and you kn-“

“Oh Sehun!” she called out with a very stern look as she distanced herself from me. “I was just kidding, honey” I grinned. I pulled on her hand to bring her closer to me but she wouldn’t budge. Instead, she glared at me.

“Don’t do that honey, it’ll just ” I joked making her glare at me even more. She crossed her arms and fast walked away from me. I jogged up to follow her. I wrapped my arms around her as I caught up with her.

“hey, I’m sorry. I was just really joking with you” I released her from my embrace and made her face me. She is being the ice princess again.

“I’ll stop making those remarks already, you’ll hear no more of those things” I assured her. She looked at me and I smiled, “you sure?”

“yep, I promise” I answered and she heaved a sigh. I offered her my arm and said, “so, shall we resume with our date now?” I asked and she nodded her head as she placed her hand on my arm.

------------------------------------------

I think it was a really bad choice that we started with this game that requires target shooting. I mean, man, I’m losing my pride in this game.

“can I give it a try?” Jessica asked after I fired my third bullet. She smiled at me and I couldn’t resist it so I hand the toy gun to her. And I think I shouldn’t have.

“yey!” there goes my pride and glory.

“here’s your price miss” the stall owner hands the medium size teddy bear to Jessica after she successfully shot one of the targets.

“oh, cheer up, honey” Jessica cooed as she faced me. I heaved out a sigh, “no one can be good at everything, hon” she added while patting my shoulder.

“yeah, but I want to get you that teddy bear” I answered as I pointed the biggest teddy bear displayed.

“it’s okay, I don’t like teddy bears that much. Let’s go and move on to another game, shall we?” she offered and I just nodded my head and followed her.

“where did you learn to shoot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter