031

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 31

 

“Good morning! What are you doing right now? Am I bothering you?” I asked worried I was disturbing the person on the other line. I have just woke up and decided to call him, missing him already.

[Good morning too, Soo Yeon! I just finished doing my rounds. I’m in my office. And no, you’re not bothering me. You’ll never be a bother to me] he answers firmly. I can hear a small laugh but I can also hear the exhaustion in his voice. “You should rest. I’ll just call you la-“

[Soo Yeon, I miss you] he cuts me off and I blushed. [I can’t wait for the weekend. I want to see you again. I miss you so much] he continues.

“I miss you too, Sehun ah”

There was silence.

Right now, I am in China. Tomorrow is February 28, Lu Han’s 3rd death anniversary and just a few weeks ago, his parents decided to transfer his urn to his hometown. This is due to his grandfather’s request. The old man can no longer travel out of the country so he requested to have his grandson’s remains to be transferred to their family tomb.

However, his parents plan to stay in Korea for good, tending to their family business. I flew with Mr. and Mrs. Xi to commemorate Lu Han’s death yesterday. Today, some of his relatives arrived in their ancestral house to gather. Lu Han was everyone’s favorite which is why it is no wonder that their family house is crowded with relatives.

 [Kris is on his way there. He just flew a few minutes ago]

“Well, he was closest to Lu Han after all”

[Yeah, he was a good hyung to me too. Wish I could fly there and commemorate his death] Sehun sighs on the other line. Sehun and Chanyeol couldn’t make it because of their work. Taeyeon on the other hand still has school while Miyoung is attending to some family matters. But they all wanted to fly to China, especially Sehun.

I’ve already told Sehun about the request of Lu Han’s mother and thankfully he’s fine with it.

[I miss your body too]

“Y-y-yah, Oh Sehun!” I was quite taken aback by his statement and I blushed harder than I already have. I hear Sehun chuckling on the other line. Recently, Sehun has been making those dirty remarks through texts and calls but he never talks about it in person.

“Gosh, you are such a ert”

[only when it comes to you. Gahd, when am I going to be able to marry you anyways? Mom’s request is getting hard to comply with] he says exasperatedly

“I’m starting to think that you only want me for my body”

[Oh no. it’s nothing like that baby. The great is just an icing to the cake. Though, I would really admit that I can’t live without it. But if I were to chose if I’d rather live without or without you, I’m definitely chosing you. I’d rather have no than have no you]

“Why are we even talking about this?” I asked a bit scandalized and a bit giddy by his profession. “And by the way, you are really talkative today, are you okay?” I questioned. He snickers on the other line. He stops momentarily and I heard his med-sect talking saying that he was summoned by hospital director, which is his dad.

“Guess you need to go now, huh?” I asked hearing his chair sound indicating that he has just stood up.

[Yeah, guess so. I’ll call you when I can]

“Sure, sure. But, I might not be able to answer you. Mom said we’ll be going out later. I’m guessing the whole family will be there and they might pre-occupy me so I might not notice you calling thus me not being able to answer your call” I explained.

[Okay. I’ll lend you to them for tonight. And so that you won’t get distracted thinking of me, I won’t call you until tomorrow]

“You can manage not talking to me until tomorrow?”

[I’ll try]

“I bet you’ll try calling me later in the afternoon”

[So, you’re challenging me, huh?]

“Maybe?”

[What do I get if I prove you wrong?]

“Nothing” I answered after thinking for awhile.

[Come on. I need to have a reward]

“Why should you?”

[Because I’m being a good boyfriend. Not clingy, not overthinking, t---]

“What are you talking about?” I asked cutting him off. Then I heard him sigh with a stomp of his feet. [Okay. I’ll set it then] he says with conclusion. [You’ll do somehing I want you to do if I’ll be able to successfully not call you within the next 24 hours. If I don’t, you get to order me around for two weeks. And you can’t argue with me on this one now, I’m hanging up I’m about to enter dad’s office now. Bye!]

And with that, Sehun ended his call with me.

I doubt he’ll survive not calling me. He only does that if we are quarelling and we’re not quarelling right now. So, I really doubt he’ll survive. But, what if he does survive not calling me in the next 24 hours? What will he let me do?

“Was that your boyfriend? What was his name again?” Lu Han’s dad asked as he walks out of the living room and into the veranda where I was standing while talking to Sehun. “Want some hot choco?” He hands me a cup of hot chocolate drink.

I received the cup and smiled. “Thanks, dad. And yes, that was my boyfriend. His name is Oh Sehun, you know the guy that I was with when we met at the furniture shop”

“He seems like a good guy. Is he fine with you being here?”

“He is a great guy. And he’s fine with me being here, he’s a good friend of Lu Han too. He would’ve come here along with Kris if he had a chance but wasn’t able to file a leave and he just can’t leave the hospital whenever he wants” I explained shyly. I noticed Mr. Xi nodding his head understandingly.

Mr. Xi sipped his coffee then smiled. “I am happy to see that you have someone whom you love and loves you, Jessica”

“I’m happy that someone has somehow replaced my son” he adds after sipping his coffee once more. “But, I do hope Sehun won’t replace Lu Han completely. I hope that as the years go by, you’d still remember my son”

“Sehun and Lu Han are different. And Sehun himself told me tht he doesn’t want to replace Lu Han in my life and I’m pretty sure he won’t” I assured Mr. Xi

Sehun told me once that he doesn’t want to replace Lu Han because he doesn’t want to be a replacement. Rather, he wants to be the man who’d make me smile, he wants to be the reason why I can happily look back and remember Lu Han without heartache. He doesn’t want me to forget about Lu Han. He wants me to always remember and continuously love Lu Han. Because Lu Han is just a memory now. He doesn’t want me to replace my memories with Lu Han rather, he wants me to make new one with him.

Memories should never be forgotten because they make me who I am now. My memories with Lu Han made me who I am now, the stronger and better Jessica Jung. The Jessica Jung who is now in love with Oh Sehun.

Mr. Xi smiles at me and said, “I am really happy that you’ve been part of my son’s life Jessica. And I am happy too that you are in good hands afterhe left”

“I think Lu is making sure that I am happy. Because I might just bring him back to life and let him see my wrath for leaving me” I joked which made Mr. Xi laugh as well.

“Oh right, I heard from the house helpers that you vomited this morning. Is that true?” Mr. Xi asked after snapping his fingers.

I was surprised to hear the question. I didn’t think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter