II

HARD TO SAY I LOVE YOU

 

 



Both Amber and Kyuhyun kept staring at each other, which caused Ryeowook to stare back and forth between the two of them, “Do you guys know each other?”

Kyuhyun shook his head from side to side and nervously smiled at Ryeowook, “Umm ... no. I just feel like I know her.”

Amber looked at Kyuhyun nervously, which caused Kyuhyun to smiled nervously back at her. She smiled nervously back at him too. This continued the whole night. 

Jonghyun got up, “Let’s take a picture!”

“Oh!” Ryeowook scooted closer to Amber. “You want to take the picture right now?”

Jonghyun nodded as he pointed his phone toward to group, “Yeah, as a souvenir for our first meeting. Get a little closer.” 

As the four of them tried to get closer for the picture, Amber took a nervous glance at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun glanced nervously back at her as well. No one in the group noticed the exchanged between the two of them.

“Ok! Ready?” Jonghyun said. “Here we go, one, two, and ... kimchi!” 

“Let’s us see the picture,” Ryeowook said after Jonghyun took the picture.

“Ah! Sorry the first one did not turn out that well. Let me take one more,” he bowed at them. Jonghyun took the second picture, but this time instead the whole group he zoomed in on Amber only. The corner of his mouth lifted up into a tiny smile, as he took the picture. My plan worked. I now have a picture of just her.

They sat down and started to ordered food and drinks. They talked among each other about their lives. Amber talked with the other with ease, but it was awkward between Kyuhyun and her. The two of them kept staring at each other and then quickly looked away whenever their eyes met. 



[][][]


They all walked out of the cafe when Seohyun turned and suggested that they go to a karaoke, “Let’s go to the karaoke!”

Jonghyun and Ryeowook both answered at the same time, “Sure, let’s go!”

Amber looked down at the watch, “Umm ... I can’t go I have to go home. My brother will be mad if I don’t head home now.”

“I have to get going as well,” Kyuhyun bowed at them. “Sorry.” 

“How will you get home, Amber?” Seohyun asked her. 

“I’ll take the bus, “Amber smiled and waved at Seohyun as she walked off with Jonghyun and Ryeowook. 

“Later,” Ryeowook said as he walked off with his arms around both Seohyun and Jonghyun. 

Jonghyun turned and smiled at Amber and Kyuhyun who was standing in front of the cafe waving at them. Why do the two of them look good together. He sigh and turned his head back toward where the three of them are heading and the smile that were plastered on his face a minute ago turned into a frown; a disappointed frown. 

“Later then,” both Kyuhyun and Amber turned to each other. 

Kyuhyun started to walk toward the bus stop that was located to the left of the cafe. Amber walked the same way, “My bus is that way too. I’m not following you.”

Kyuhyun looked back at Amber and kept walking toward the bus stop. They both stood there and waited for the bus together. They both looked at each other, “I’m going this way too.” Kyuhyun said to Amber. She nodded him. 

They both got on the same bus and sat next to each other. The whole ride consisted of them staring at each other awkwardly. When her stop came, Amber got up and left the bus but Kyuhyun was right behind her.

“Don’t tell me that you live around here too,” Amber looked at Kyuhyun, who is walking beside her. He nodded.

Today is just not my day. Amber thought to herself. 

She stopped in front of a convenience store, “I’m just going to grabs something for my brother before I head home. I guess this is good-bye then. Bye!” Amber waved at Kyuhyun as she walked into the store. He smiled and waved back at her.



[][][]


After about thirty minutes Amber came back out of the store, her eyes widen as she saw that Kyuhyun was still standing in front of the store. Is he waiting for me? What does he want? Could this day get any worse?

“Hey,” Kyuhyun walked over to Amber. “Which way is your house?”

Amber pointed toward the park that is located across the street from the convenience store, “Just behind that park there.”

“I’ll walk you home then,” Kyuhyun started to walk toward the park. “My house is past the park too. It is already late at night. A girl shouldn’t be walking alone at night, so I’ll walk you home.”

Amber laughed, but she followed him, “Do I look like most girl?”

Kyuhyun stopped; he turned around and looked at Amber from head to toe. He smiled, “No I guess not, but you’re wearing heels today. That’s not really like you. I would never think that you would ever wear anything like that.”

“Ah, this I just wanted to look nice,” Amber looked down at her feet, which helped to hide her blushed cheeks. 
“I’m still a girl. I do get to dress up sometime you know.” 

Weather the two realize it or not, but the tense atmosphere between the two of them earlier had now disappeared. They started to talked normal. They teased each other back and forth; as if they were the best of friends. 

Amber stared at Kyuhyun as they walked through the park. He is good looking. Oh! Amber what are you thinking? Amber slapped herself on the cheeks. Kyuhyun looked at her, wide eyes, “Are you ok, Amber?” 

“Umm ... yeah,” Amber said with a nervous laugh. She then saw the bag that Kyuhyun was holding in his hand. “Is that the pants that I spilled coffee on earlier? Let me clean it for you.” 

She reached over to grab the bag from Kyuhyun’s hand but he quickly pulled it away. “It’s okay; I’ll take it to the dry cleaner. I don’t think the stain would come out. Moreover, I called you a ert because of it; therefore I don’t think I deserved your help.” 

“Oh come on! I got the stain on it, so just let me clean it.” Amber grabbed the bag this time. She was too quick for him, but he did not let go of the bag either. He pulled the bag back toward him and Amber pulled the bag back toward her. They caught themselves in a tug-o-war battle. Amber who usually does not wear heels lost her balance; she fell forward and landed on her knees. “Ouch,” she muttered. 

“Are you ok?” Kyuhyun said as he grabbed Amber’s arm to pull her up. “Let me see. Hmm, you scrap your right knee. My apartment is just around the corner. Let’s clean this up before I take you home.” 

“Nah, it’s ok. I’m fine.” Amber pulled her arm from Kyuhyun’s hold, but she lost her balance and fell down again.

Kyuhyun turned his back toward her, “Get on. Let me clean up the wound first. Then you can go home. There is no if, and, or but about it. Don’t argue with me, Amber.” There is a serious tone to his voice. It was an order. She felt that she could not say no, so she climbed onto his back.

I think twisted my ankle. Why did I wear these stupid heels? She thought to herself, as Kyuhyun carried her on his back all the way to his apartment. She rested her head on his shoulder. Hmm, he smells good. Her head quickly snapped up. Amber! What are you think again? 



[][][]


Amber was sitting on a couch in Kyuhyun’s small apartment. He had disappeared into the washroom after he placed her on the couch. “I think the first aid kit is somewhere in here.” He shouted out from the washroom.

Amber observed the apartment while he looked for the first aid kit. The apartment is very small, the kitchen is a few steps from the couch, the washroom is to the right of the kitchen and behind a partition beside the couch is a small twin size bed. 

However, Amber was in awe with what she’s staring at in front of her. It’s was as if she was in a hi-tech lab. There was a big monitor in the middle of the, branched out from the main monitor was three smaller monitor. At least ten fans were blowing at the high servers towers that were set up on the side of the room. 

“You weren’t kidding when you said you’re a computer programmer,” Amber said to Kyuhyun when he walked back from the washroom; the first aid kit in his hand.

Kyuhyun smiled at Amber as he kneeled down in front of her. He grabbed her leg and rolled up her pants as he started to clean her wound. “Whoa! I can roll my pants up myself,” Amber tried to stopped Kyuhyun, but he just lightly brushed her hand away. 

He did not utter a word out of his mouth as he silently cleaned and bandaged up Amber’s knee. Amber sat there and stared at his face, the face that was concentrating on her knee. I hope that he doesn't notice me staring at him.

“There you go. All done,” Kyuhyun looked up all of a sudden and his face was inches away from Amber’s face. At that moment, their eyes met. He lean in closer, but before he could get any closer, Amber’s phone rang. 

Phew, thank goodness. I wonder who my saviour is. I thought Kyuhyun was going to kiss me. She looked down at her phone, as Kyuhyun tidy up the first aid kit.

“Hello, yes I’m on my way home now,” she answered to the person on the other end of the phone. “No, you don’t need to pick me up. I took the bus. Seohyun went off with the others. Oppa, just stay there I’m almost home. Okay, yes.” 

She hung up the phone and turned toward Kyuhyun, “That was my brother. He want me home now, so I better get going then. Thank you for bandaging up my wound for me. I’ll take this with me too” She grabbed the bag that contains Kyuhyun’s coffee stained pants as she walked out the door.

“Okay, then I’ll see you around,” Kyuhyun said as he waved and watched as Amber walked out his door. “Are you sure you don’t need me to walk you home?”

Amber shook her head from side to side, “Nah, my brother is waiting in the park. See you later!”



[][][]


After Amber left, Kyuhyun sat down in front of his computer and started to play his favourite game, Star Craft. 

His phone rang, “Hello?” His face lit up, like a kid on Christmas morning, after he heard the voice of the person on the other end of phone call. “I miss you too, Yuri-shi!” 




Sorry, I think this is a boring update!
I'm having a block.
But I need to develop the story somehow.
Please comment!