I

HARD TO SAY I LOVE YOU

 

Chapter 1 –


Amber walked out from the airport. Her oversize t-shirt loosely hung on her tiny frame. The only way you would notice her small frame is the black skinny pants she had on. Her short cropped hair was covered with a red baseball cap. From afar she looks like a boy.

She had a medium size suitcase in one hand and her iphone in the other. The moment she stepped out from the airport she looked up at the sky. She lifted up her iphone; she took a picture of the beautiful blue sky and smiled. Then she started to typed something on her iphone


[I’m back! Hello Seoul how are you today] - AJ

While she was looking at her phone; two small hands pops out from behind and covered both of her eyes. Amber calmly removed her one hand from the suitcase and grabbed one of the hands that were covering her eyes. 
“Seohyun, I know it’s you” Amber removed the hands from her face and turn around to face the girl that was standing behind her.

Seohyun tilted her head to the side, smiled, grabbed Amber around the waist and pulled her in for a hug “Welcome home Amber!”

Amber hugged her back “It’s nice to be home, but you’re late.”

“Sorry, I was meeting up with my boyfriend before I came here” Seohyun smile at Amber apologetically as she let go of her. 

“I’m so tired I need a nap let’s go home” Amber grabbed her suitcase and started to walk toward the taxi area. 
Seohyun grabbed Amber’s hand and nodded her head toward the parking lot “I have a car.”

“Oh ...” Amber made into an O shape. “I didn’t know you have a car.”

“It belongs to my boyfriend ...” Seohyun trailed off with a hint of guilt in her voice. “Forget that, where you trying to call me a minute ago?”

“No ... I was updating my twiiter” Amber said as she followed Seohyun toward the car. 

“Twitter?” Seohyun turned her head to look at Amber and turn back as she kept on walking toward the car. “What is that?”

“It’s a social network site. You answer to the question ‘What’s happen?’ with up to 140 characters. People can follow you and you can follow other people as well. There’s a lot of benefit to it depend on how you use it.” 

“Sound like a stalking social network site” Seohyun said as she stop next to a red mustang and unlock it with the button on the key.

“Whoa!” Amber step back, she looked at the car then looked at Seohyun. “Who is you boyfriend again?”

Seohyun force a smile “It’s a secret.”

“He must be really rich” Amber said as she opened the door and throw her suitcase in the back seat. She sat down in the front passenger seat and closed the door. 

Seohyun sat down, started the car, put on her seat belt and turn to look at Amber “Put your seat belt on.”

“Yes~” Amber replied as put her seat belt on.

“I’ll drop you off at your brother’s house right away then?” Seohyun asked Amber as they started to drive toward Seoul city center. 

“Yup he should be ready for me” Amber said but her eyes are back on her phone again. 


[@AJ - Welcome back to Seoul] - JHBLUE

[@AJ – It’s nice that you are back. How was the trip?] – KYU


“Are you on that twitter thing again?” Seohyun asked her. 

“Yup” Amber smiled. “My twitter friends are welcoming me home.”

“You have friends on that thing?” Seohyun took a quick glance at Amber’s phone. 

“I got really close to three of them” Amber eyes widen with shock. “They ... want to meet up. They ... they ... they want to meet up tonight!” 


[@AJ We are having an offline meeting tonight. What to join us?] - WOOKIE


“What?” Seohyun asked, shocked. “You can’t! It’s dangerous. You can’t go by yourself.”

Amber laughed “That’s why you are coming with me.”

“I’m not going with you” Seohyun replied.

“Oh come on Seohyun please” Amber did a puppy dog eyes at Seohyun. “Can you do it just this once for your best friend?” 

“Amber ...” Seohyun said.

“Hmmm ...” Amber replied still doing her best copy of puppy dog eyes at Seohyun.

“Ok, alright I’ll go with you because I have nothing to do and I need to clear my head anyway” Seohyun said as she stopped her car in front of Amber’s house. “Why do you want to go so badly?”


[See you all tonight] -AJ


Amber’s face turned red “Why do you need to clear your head?”

“I asked you first” Seohyun pushed Amber gently on the shoulder. 

Amber’s face turned red again “I ... I ... I’m kind of interested in one of the guy.” 

Seohyun laugh “How?”

“His personality; he’s very nice and he’s the one that talks to me the most” Amber fidgeted with her fingers. 

“For a tomboy you’re a super shy person you know that” Seohyun laughed.

Amber pouted “Now it’s your turn to answer my question.”

Seohyun face dropped “I sort of broke up with my boyfriend again.”

“What?” Amber yelled.

“Be quiet! I found out that he’s already married” tears started to roll down Seohyun cheeks.

“What an as...” Amber muttered but before she could finish her sentence Seohyun covered .

“Oh! Hi Donghae” Seohyun smiled at the man that was standing outside her car. “I brought your sister home save and sound.”

“Thanks” Donghae said as he opened the door for Amber. “Come on Amber let’s go.”

“I’ll see you tonight ok?” Amber said before Donghae slammed the door shut. 

Seohyun rolled down her window “What time?” 

Amber yelled “I’ll meet up with you at the cafe around the corner at 7PM” 

Seohyun close her window and drove off. 

“I don’t like when you hang out with her” Donghae said as he took the suitcase from Amber’s hand.

“Seohyun and I have been friend since we were a kid” Amber took off her cap as she walked through the door. 

“Why do you still against her so much? You guys used to get along so well when we were younger.”

“Because of her habits” Donghae said as he close the door.

“It’s not her fault that she falls in love with men that are already married or belong to someone else” Amber said as she lay down on the sofa. 

“Well, I don’t care” Donghae walked into Amber’s room, which was across from his and placed her suitcase down. “Go have a shower I’ll make you something to eat.”

“Okay” Amber said as she jumped and hugged Donghae from behind. 

Donghae’s face turned red “Amber! We are not kids anymore don’t do that.”

“I’m your sister” Amber still holding onto Donghae’s back.

Donghae smiled, ruffled Amber’s hair, and let out a long sigh “Yes ... you’re my sister, which mean you’re a girl. You’re not a kid anymore. You’re a young lady and I don’t think its right for you to clings onto me all the time.” 

“Why so serious?” Amber tried to do her best imitation of Heath Ledger’s Joker, which caused Donghae to laugh.

Amber skipped off toward her washroom. “What do you want to eat?” Donghae called after her.

“Anything you make is good for me” she yelled back as she closed the door to the washroom. 

The smell of fried rice can be smell through out their house as Amber walked out from the washroom ten minutes later. Water dripped from her soaking wet hair. She held a towel in one hand as she walked toward the kitchen.

“That smell really good” she peep her head over Donghae’s shoulder. Water from her wet hair dripped onto his hand. 

“Go have a seat Amber. I’ll bring this over to the table” Donghae said as he wiped the drop of water from his hand. 

“Yes sir!” Amber said as she sat herself down at the table. She placed the towel that she had in her hand over the back of the chair.

Donghae placed a plate full of fried rice in front of Amber. He then grabbed the towel from the back of her chair as started to dry her wet hair off. Amber looked up backward at Donghae and smiled. His face turned red again but he smiled back at her. 

After Amber was done with her lunch she went and watched the TV on the sofa. She dosed off; tired from the jet lag. Donghae walked up to her and sat on the floor as he watched her peaceful sleeping face. He placed a blanket over her.

Donghae smiled and brushed off a piece of stranded hair on Amber’s face “You’re so cute when you are sleeping. Would you hate me when you find out our family’s secret?”

Amber’s phone went off, which caused Donghae to jump backward. He almost hit the TV over. He look at the clock and noticed that it’s already 6:30PM and she was suppose to meet up with Seohyun at 7PM. He gently shook her.

“Hmm ...” Amber rubbed her eyes then all of a sudden jumped off the sofa “Whoa! What time is it?” 

“Its 6:30PM” Donghae calmly replied as he picked up the blanket that Amber throw on the floor as she is running around trying to get ready. 

As Amber ran out the door with her bag and phone in hand Donghae noticed that she was dressing differently than usual. Instead of her usual oversize baggy shirt, regular size jeans and sneakers; Amber was wearing a loose baby blue t-shirt with a black vest over top, black skinny jeans, and heels! Donghae scratched his head but he didn’t say anything. 

Amber ran into the cafe without noticing anyone because she was in a rush. She accidently hit a guy that was standing in the front of the cafe and caused him to spell his coffee onto his pants. Amber panic and took out her handkerchief and started to wipe the coffee off of his pants.

“I’m so sorry” she said still wiping off the coffee. “I wasn’t playing attention.”

“Ah!” the guy stepped away from Amber.

Amber eyes widen “I ... I ... I didn’t touched anything weird did I?”

“You’re a ert aren’t you?” the guy said as he moved his face closer to Amber’s. “I heard about this. There’s someone that would spill coffee or tea on someone and pretend to help them.” 

The guy walked out of the cafe shop. Amber face turned red because she noticed that everyone in the cafe was staring at her. She then came to her sense and started to run after the guy. “I’m not a ert!”

He turned around, smirked at her and walked away. Seohyun drove up as that happened “What is going on?”

“That weird guy over there called me a ert” Amber pointed toward the guy’s back as she opened the door to Seohyun’s car. 

“What did you do?” Seohyun asked her as she started to drive off toward their destination.

Amber told her the story while updating her twitter at the same time.


[I just met the worst kind of guy ever!] – AJ

[@AJ I just met the worst “b” ever too] –Kyu


Amber and Seohyun arrived at their destination; a small but cozy cafe. They walked in and noticed two people sitting at the table. One of them waved at them “AJ?”

“Hey!” Amber wave back, while Seohyun bowed at them.

They guy that waved at them got up and bowed at the two of them “Hi, I’m Wookie, but my real name is Ryeowook.” 

Amber and Seohyun bowed at Wookie “Hi, I’m AJ, my real name is Amber and this is my friend Seohyun. She doesn’t really use twitter but she’s came with me.”

“I'm Seohyun, nice to meet you Ryeowook” Seohyun flashed her best smile at him.

The other guy sat there and stared at Amber. His face turned red as Amber looked at him and said “Hi!”

“Err ... Hi, I’m JHBLUE, my real name is Jonghyun” he stuttered as he bowed at Amber.

As the two girls sat down Seohyun whispered to Amber “Is it one of them?”

Amber blushed and shook her head “Where is Kyu?” she asked the other guys.

“Hi! Sorry I’m late. I’m Kyu, real name Kyuhyun” Kyuhyun said as he lifted up his head. His and Amber’s eyes met and both of their jaw dropped.



A/N There goes my first chapter let me know what you guys think.