Jealous and Insecure

HARD TO SAY I LOVE YOU

 

 

Kyuhyun tried to catch up to Amber and Jonghyun, but they had already stepped on a bus and it took off. He didn’t understand his feeling for Amber. Why is he so worried about her? He didn’t understand the fact that he spaced out and showed up at her apartment. The only person that is in his heart and mind should only be Yuri, but Amber kept appearing in his mind.

He pulled out his phone and started to type.

Kyuhyun: Are you okay?

He waited for her reply, as he walked over to the park and sat down on the swing. It didn’t take her long to reply back to his tweet.

Amber: I’m doing fine down. Jonghyun helped me out with my situation earlier.

Kyuhyun: What happened?

Amber: It’s a long story. We are at the cafe if you want to join.

Kyuhyun: Not tonight maybe some other time.

Amber: Can you forget about what I said to you the other day?

Kyuhyun: About what? I don’t remember anything *wink*

He put his phone back in his pocket and slowly made his way back to his apartment. As he walked past his building he saw that the light in his apartment was on. He raised an eyebrow, “I don’t remember leaving my lights on.” He quickened his pace. Once he arrived at his front door, he unlocked it and was met with a surprised.

Yuri sat on his bed, “What ... you’re here.” He remembered the scene he saw earlier. The image of her and her husband still played in his mind. He was upset, but he kept his composure. He looked down at the ground as he took off his shoes. He slowly took a deep breath before he lifted his head and face her again.

Yuri cocked her head to the side and smiled at him, “You never came to give me the ring so I figure I stop by to pick it up.”

“I texted you,” he smiled back at her and walked toward his bathroom. “Something came up at work.”

“I know, that’s why I’m here,” she followed him toward his bathroom and from behind wrapped her arms around his chest. “I miss you.”

Kyuhyun gently removed her arms from him, turned around and smiled at her, “I’m tired today. Let me have a quick shower and maybe we can go out to get something to eat?”

The smile on Yuri faded, but she nodded, “Give me your bag pack then. I put it away for you.” She returned back to his bed with his belongings and placed it on the ground next to her. She had found her wedding ring while she was waiting for him. She played with it as she waited. He husband had stopped by to see her before he left for another of his business trip. She was glad that Kyuhyun sent her the text stating that he was stuck at work. She doesn’t want him to see the affection that she has to show toward her husband. After all, her husband was the one person that kept her family from going bankrupt.

Even if the situation was different her family would never let her marry him. They are from different world. She was rich, while he was poor. She had no choice and she had chosen family and money, over her love for Kyuhyun.

As she sat there thinking of the first time she met him, his phone started to vibrate. She looked over at Kyuhyun and listened for the sound of water running before she returned her attention to his vibrating phone inside his bag. She bit down on her lips, took a long deep breath and reached inside for his phone.

Amber: Thank you for before. It’s great that we got things worked out.

For some unknown reason Yuri felt fear and angered risen inside her. She looked down at her hand and quickly placed the phone back in Kyuhyun’s bag. She heard the water stop and she tried to regain her composure. She had always been threatens by Kyuhyun’s relationship with other girls. Even though, she knew that he would never betray her, but she is married and the thought of him leaving her always played at the back of her mind.

“What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun walked out of the bathroom, hair still wet, and sat down next to her on the bed. “Are you ready to go?”

Without a word she reached for him, pushed him down onto the bed and kissed him passionately, “Do you feel the same toward me?” She muttered in between their passionate kiss.

Kyuhyun hugged her tighter, “Of course, I love you.”

[*][*][*]

Amber looked down at her phone re-reading the text that Kyuhyun had sent to her last night.

Kyuhyun: Can we me at the cafe tomorrow?

As she looked back up from the she saw Yuri standing in the doorway of the cafe walking toward her, “What a coincidence. Can I have a seat?”

“Err ...”

“Just for a minute,” Yuri took the seat across from Amber, before Amber can uttered another word from . All Amber could do was smiled at Yuri, as the waiter brought over a glass of water and asked her if she wanted to order anything. “I’m fine with just the water for now.” She turned back to Amber. “So, what’s Kyu like?”

“Eh?”

“Well, you see. I so busy with my work and I don’t get to spend time with him as much as I would like to,” Yuri placed her elbow on the table and rested her chin in her hand. “I was wondering what he is like around friends. I’m a bit insecure.”

Amber tilted her head to the side, “Well, he’s normal ...”

Yuri nodded and turned toward the waiter, “Excuse me, can I have a black coffee?” The waiter nodded, but what caught Amber’s attention was the ring on her left, ring finger.

“Ah, the ring ...”

“Eh?”

“Is that a wedding ring?”

Yuri smiled back at Amber before she answered, “He never told you?” Amber shook her head. “I’m married. I’m someone else’s wife.”

Amber mouth dropped, “Ah, I see ...”

“We met in Japan. It’s been about four years already. I thought this must be what love at first sight feels like. He was there looking at new ideas for his games and I was traveling alone.” Yuri took a sip of her coffee. Unaware at how awkward Amber was. “We stayed together for the entire week after meeting. He never left my sight until I can back to Korea.”

Amber smiled awkwardly, “Did you go sightseeing?”

Yuri exploded into a laughing fit, “Are you serious? We never left the room because we didn’t want to waste our precious time together. Do you understand? We wanted to become one. Have you experienced love like that?” Amber shook her head as she started to flushed. “I think it’s destiny. If there are such think as soul mate ... my soul mate would be Kyu.”

Amber bit down on her lips and kept her gazed on the table as she asked the question, “But, then ... then why did you marry someone else?”

“After I met Kyu, my family had a crisis. My family owned a business and I had to marry someone from our business partner.”

“So you did it for your family?”

“That’s right, I was given no choice.”

“I wonder if that’s true,” Yuri glared at Amber, but Amber didn’t notice since she still had her gaze down. “If you believed in fate and destiny, I think there must have been something you could have done. I think you just wanted to live a wealthy life.”

“What are you saying?” Yuri raised her voice, which caused Amber to look up at her.

Amber swallowed before she continued, “Even though you sound like the heroine from a tragedy, but your clothes looks really expensive –"

Yuri slammed her fist on the table, “We made a promise! We made a promise that our heart and body will be together forever. That’s why we got tattoos, the exact same design. He has it on her right shoulder blade!” She got up from the seat and turned around, as she moved her hair from her neck, “Look! This is mine!”

Amber kept her head down, which caused Yuri to be more enraged. She roughly grabbed Amber by the shoulder and shook her hard, “Look! Lift your face! I’m telling you to look!”

The waiter came over as he try separate Yuri from Amber, “You’re disturbing the other customers.”

Yuri stopped, “I’m telling you this. Someone that looks like you won’t be able to satisfy him.” She grabbed her stuff and walked out of the cafe, leaving Amber there in a dazed.

I wouldn’t get hurt. I wouldn’t let myself get hurt by something like this. – AJ

Did you know? I heard diamonds cannot get damaged. It’s hard, beautiful, and sparkling. But because it’s strong, it can’t be damaged. – JHBLUE

I want a heart like diamond. So I wouldn’t get hurt. – AJ

Are you feeling down? How about we get together at the cafe again? – Wookie

Amber cleaned the water and coffee from her phone. She held back her tears. She tried, but the tears fell down her face anyway.

[*][*][*]

“Mum ...” Ryeowook had just stepped out from his office building, when he saw his mother standing in front of a black town car. “What are you doing here?”

She smiled at him and ordered for her driver to open the door, “I miss you. Get in, let’s us have a quick chat.”

He nodded and followed his mother in the car. They stop at a high class cafe a few blocks from his work place. His mother led him into the VIP section of the cafe and he followed. This was the life that he used to be in everyday, the life of the privilege. I don’t miss this life at all. He thought, as he seated himself at the table.

“How have you been dear?” his mother asked as she pointed to few items on the menu to the waitress. She waved the waitress off. “Your brother and I really miss you around the house. I really think you should come back home.”

He sighed, “You know the reason why I moved out. Father wants me to follow Heechul’s foot step, but I have my own path that I wants to take.”

“I know, dear, I know. I just miss you around that is all,” she took the cup of coffee that the waitress handed to her. “Anyway you had asked me to talk to your father about your friend. Lee Jonghyun was his name right?”

“Yes.”

“Well his demo tape was really good,” she offered him a piece of fruit tart that she had ordered. “It perked you father interest and he would like to meet your friend, but there is one condition.”

“What is it?” Ryeowook didn’t touch any of the tart she offered him or the coffee that was in front of him.

His mother smiled, reached over and patted him on the hand, “We would like you to go on a blind date. You met this girl once before when you were younger.” She pulled out a picture from the envelope and handed it to him.

All he could do was bleakly looked at her. They think that if I’m not going to follow the career path they had planned for me. I should still follow a life path that they planned.