The Start

HARD TO SAY I LOVE YOU

The phone kept on ringing and ringing, but there was no answered. Frustrated, Seohyun slammed her phone shut and threw it back into her purse. She felt all her anger and fear boiled up inside her. Her hands were trembling; she looked down at them, when a large – warm - hand reached over and held them tight, “He didn’t pick up?”

She shook her head from side to side and sighed. Her lips trembled as she clenched her lips together; tried as hard as she could not to cry, “Thank you for coming with me, Ryeowook –ssi.”

Ryeowook smiled and gently patted her on the back with his free hand, “You don’t have to thank me again, Seohyun – ssi. I’m happy to be of help to you. I have nothing to do today anyway.”

Seohyun kept her gazed on the floor. She doesn’t want Ryeowook to look into her eyes nor did she want to look back into his. She really believed that the eyes are the window to your soul; it provided a doorway - she doesn’t want anyone to enter - that she want to kept locked forever. They sat there in silence. Ryeowook kept on gently rubbing her back and held her hands, which calmed her down – just a bit. They sat there like that for a while, when the nurse walked out and waved Seohyun over to her, “Miss the doctor will see you now.”

Seohyun slowly got up and made her way over to the nurse. She glanced back at Ryeowook; he mouthed to her, 'I will wait here'. He pointed at himself and then at the seat. Seohyun nodded as she followed the nurse into the doctor’s office.



[-][-][-]


|| Where are you right now? ||

Ryeowook looked down at the text message he received from his boss. His boss – a middle age man, a little on the heavy side – had been pursuing him since his first day with the magazine. Ryeowook has nothing against homoual; many of his friends are homoual, but his boss doesn’t know when to stop and doesn’t consider the fact that he is not interested in men. He may look frail and feminine like, but that doesn’t mean that he is one.

|| Boss nim, I’m with a friend right now. What do you need? ||

Ryeowook typed the reply message and hit the send button. He leaned back into his seat and frowned. He hated himself for being the way he is, unable to say no and wanted to please everyone. He had been like this since he could remembered, he wanted the approval from his parents; the attention that he deserved, but they never paid any interest in him. All their attention was for his older brother, the prodigy, the face of the Kim Corporation – Kim Heechul. He had everything they wanted in a child; the brain and the look.

Ryeowook was always referred to as second best to his brother, weak and not that smart; the only thing he had that would match up to his brother is his look, but then his parents would say that he acted too feminine for a man. Ryeowook always wanted to say to them to take a good look at Heechul; does he always acted manly all the time? This time he needed this job, he wanted to prove to his parents that he can do well on his own; something that is not related to the family business. He didn’t expect to face this kind of problem – something that he doesn’t know how to fix. He could say no to his boss, but if he wants to keep the job he must go along with it. Ryeowook was deep in thought when his phone beeped.

|| Are you free tonight? I want to have a meeting/ dinner with you. ||

Ryeowook swallowed hard as he saw the message. Here his boss go again, there must be the millionth times he tried to go out for a “meeting/ dinner” with him. He furrowed his eyebrows tried to think of what excuse to use this time. Then he smirked before he typed the reply message.

|| My friend is in the hospital. I wouldn’t be able to make it today. I’m so sorry. How about we meet some other time? ||

His phone quickly beeped again right after he sent the message.

||Well, tell your friend that I hoped he or she feels better, xoxo. ||

Ryeowook ran his hand over his face, and then rested on the back his neck. He gazed was on the floor. He’s confused, exhausted and felt like he is losing control of his life. When he snapped back to reality he saw a pair of shoes on the floor in front of him. He traced the shoes up to the slender legs, the body, and then the face of the owner of those pair of shoes. “Seohyun-shii, you’re done?”

“Yup, I was standing here for awhile now. Are you okay?” she held two cup of warm coffee in her hands. She handed one to him. “I figured you might have been hungry, waiting here for me so I bought the coffee. How about we go and find something to eat?”

Ryeowook accepted the coffee from Seohyun as he got up from his seat. He took a sip and smiled weakly, “Thank you; what do you want to eat?”

“Maybe something warm? I have a feeling that the both of us need it,” Seohyun replied as they walked out from the clinic.

“How did it go?” he asked.

Seohyun held her hands behind her back as she kick a small stone on the road, “I was pregnant ... but I lost the baby. Apparently my body is too weak.” 

“How about that guy, are you going to tell him?”

She shook her head, “No baby - therefore no need to tell him. I need to end things with him . I haven’t heard back from him for over a month." She let out a nervous laughed. "Anyway, enough about me; what is wrong? You seem so down. Let me pay back the favour and listen to your problem.”

Ryeowook weakly smiled back at her, but he the type of person that like to keep inside and he afraid that people will judge him. A prison that he created, “Thank you, but I’m fine. Just a little hungry that’s all.”



[-][-][-]


The dribbling sound of the basketball echo throughout the enclosed gym. Amber felt the vibration of the dribbled off the ground as she slowly opened her eyes. A little disoriented for her sleep; she wondered where she was then she realized that she had laid down on the floor in the gym. She must have dozed off. She slowly got up and ruffled her hair. She turned to the source of the sound. The source came from a tall man, he jumped and flicked the ball from his hands toward the net, swished, the sound made by the ball as it went in. The man turned and grinned at Amber. His eyes squinted together, "Hello, sleepy head! Long time no see."

Amber rubbed her eyes. Making sure that the man standing in front of her is really him, "Kikwang? What are you doing here? " 

He walked up to Amber and hugged her. Amber stood there - arms hanging at the side of her body - shocked. "I was hired by the coach to be you physiotherapist. I suppose to get you back on the court within a month or earlier. Let's have fun working together!"

Amber pushed him away from her, "I don't want to work with you!"

Kikwang grinned, "I don't think you have a choice in that matter. As per the coach if you don't work with me to get better before the month is up, you will be fired from the team. I don't think you want that to happen. How about we put the past in the past?"

Amber felt like her whole world came crashing down at the sight of Kikwang. Their past was a horrible one. She hated him, but if she wants to accomplished her dream she must face her worse nightmare. 



------------