Where the heart leads

HARD TO SAY I LOVE YOU

 

Time pasted by like lighting. However, within that time period many things had transpired. Seohyun and Ryeowook had announced their engagement. Kyuhyun was busy with a development of a new game. Jonghyun was busy with his training with his new band. Amber was busy with her team.

Everyone single one of them was so busy with their own lives that it didn’t occurred to them that one of them was hiding something. That one of them was in turmoil. When they realized, it was already too late.

[-][-][-]

Jonghyun glanced back and smiled at Amber. He hand her hand in his and he rushed her toward a little park bench by the Han River. He was still the same. There was always a sense of urgency every time Amber is with him. She wished she could tell him to slow down, but she didn’t want to take away that bright smile on his face.

She wondered if she was really happy with him. Thing had been going so well with the other side of her life. The team had taken her back. The practice had been going well and their first game was coming up in a few weeks. As for Kikwang, she hasn’t seen him since that day he came to apologized to her.

Amber was pulled out of her reverie, as he eyes widen, the little park bench was decorated with a bunch of helium filled, red balloons. Red was her favourite colour and she couldn’t help, but was touched at the fact that her boyfriend, Jonghyun remembered every single details about her.

A sense of guilt overcame her then. She can’t even remember what was his favourite food, colour, or place. She was a bad girlfriend. She doesn’t deserve to have such a great guy in loved with her.

He let go of her hand, standing in front of her he placed both of his hands on either side of the shoulders and gently guided her down toward the bench, “What’s going on?” She managed to utter.

He chuckled lightly, “I have something very important and special to ask you.” The bright smile that Amber had come to expect from him was even brighter tonight. Amber thought that it could light up the night sky. It made her smiled too.

He took her hands in his, on one knee he kneeled down in front of her. She knew what he was going to asked her. Her heart started to beat so loudly. This was so unexpected. They had only started to date six months ago, but this is Jonghyun and he had always moved fast. His life was a big rushed.

Amber wanted to stop him there. Tell him that this was all too fast, but that signature smile of him stopped her. She bit down on her lips so hard that she could taste the metallic taste of her own blood in .

He looked up at her with that smile, the large brown eyes sparkling because of the lights from the light posts surrounding them, “Amber Josephine Liu,” He paused and Amber knew that he was gathering his nerves to continued. “I know we haven’t been together long, but I feels like I have know you my whole life. I was given this great opportunity by the company today. They had said that they are sending my band and I to Japan to debut as an indie. They said that this will let us gain some more experience and Japan is the perfect for an indie band to start out. I couldn’t pass on this opportunity.”

“That’s great news!” Amber exclaimed. “When are you leaving?”

“A month from today,” He answered with a huge grinned. “I want you to come with me.”

“Go with you?”

He nodded, “I asked the company if you could come. Of course they said no. However, after some more talked with the president he said that if you and I were married you could come with me.”

Amber felt like the world had dissolved from her. She couldn’t breathe. Her mind was spinning. She just couldn’t process the words that had come out of Jonghyun’s mouth. Without thinking she pulled her hands away from Jonghyun’s hands, “Lee Jonghyun, don’t joke around with me.” Her voice sounded hoarse to her own ears. The pained look on Jonghyun’s face told her that he was serious. “Jonghyun ... I”

She felt this burning sensation at the back of her eyes. Tears welled and were threatening to falls. She stood up and ran. She heard Jonghyun calling out to her, but she didn’t stop. She knew that he was right on her heels, but she didn’t stop. She knew that she would out run him. Her stamina was better than his, because she was and athlete and he weren’t.

She ran and ran. She didn’t know where her feet were taking her to. By the time she realized where she was she was standing in front of Kyuhyun’s apartment. The older boy had a surprised look upon his face. However, he stepped aside to let Amber in, but Amber was acting on instinct and she wasn’t thinking straight. Instead of stepping inside Kyuhyun’s apartment she wrapped her arms around him.

She felt Kyuhyun body stiffen for a minute, but then he relaxed. His arm around her as he pulled her into his room and closed the door behind them. Amber rested her head on his chest and cried. Everything had fell apart. She had hurt someone that had cared so much for her. Amber felt like she didn't deserved to be in this world, but she could no longer lied to herself. Her heart had belonged to someone else all this time.