Whatever the future holds.

HARD TO SAY I LOVE YOU

She walked down the aisle, a small bouquet of pink and white peonies in her one hand, while the other hand held onto the crook of Kyuhyun’s elbow. All the men in the wedding party wore a tradition black suit, black pants, crisp white dress shirt and a coral colour tie to match the colour of the women’s dress.

They situated themselves on either side of the altar once they reached it. Kyuhyun standing next to Ryeowook, whose eyes were showing a mixture of nervousness and excitement rolled into one.

Amber felt uncomfortable in what she was wearing, but this was what Seohyun wanted her maid of honour and bride’s maids to wear. Coral colour, v-neck, half sleeve, A-line dress that hung just above the knees, made out of Chantilly lace and silk taffeta. All the bridal party’s dresses were made and designed by Jessica including the wedding dress itself.

The wedding dress was stunning to look at. Pure white, made out of the delicate Chantilly lace, silk taffeta, satin, sequins crystal adorn the back, the bottom of the dress hung in the traditional A-line with a short train that trailed behind. The vale was made out of the same lace used for the dress. It was work of art. Seohyun looked like a goddess in it.

It was a beautiful wedding.

At one point in the wedding, during the vows exchanged Amber found herself crying. It was joyful tears. She was happy for her two friends, happy that they had found love with each other.

At the reception party, Amber had caught the bouquet thrown by Seohyun. She didn’t want to join in the activity in the first place, but was dragged in by the other bride’s maids. She stood there in the crowd of single women, as they fought to make sure that they caught the bouquet.  Amber’s hands were not up when Seohyun thrown the bouquet, she didn’t really care for it, but it decided to land in her hands anyway. The sighed of disappointment echoed around her as the other women saw that Amber had caught the bouquet.

A few of the men asked Amber for a dance, a few she turned down, but she allowed herself to dance with Ryewook, Seohyun, Jonghyun and even Kyuhyun. Amber had spoken more with Kyuhyun’s girlfriend and found that they got along pretty well. Estelle was a wonderful women and Kyuhyun was lucky to have found her. They were lucky to have found each other.

Amber felt that her feet had started to get tired from all dancing in the heels that Jessica had provided to Amber for the dress. She excused herself from the party in need of fresh air and a place to sit down.

She was sitting on a bench just outside the reception hall with in the hotel. She could hear the faint sound of the crashing waves in the distance. Her shoes no longer on her feet, sat neatly to the side. She was rubbing at her feet when a breezed blown by, which caused her to shiver. She forgot that she was wearing a light dress and she should have asked Jonghyun to borrow his suit jacket, since he wasn’t using it at the moment.

A storm must be coming in since the temperature had changed. She rubbed her arms with her hands to warm herself up when she felt a large jacket being placed on her shoulders. She spun her head around. She was surprised, but that feeling quickly changed.

 She leaped to her feet, wrapped her arms around the figure’s waist, causing the jacket to fell off her shoulders. She beamed as the figure wrapped its arms around her and brought her closer, “Yongguk.”

Yongguk chuckled. Amber felt the rumbled in his chest as he did so, “You missed me that much?”

She nodded into his chest. She tightened her arms around him one final time before letting go. He took her hand in his and she led him to the take a seat on the bench, “What are you doing here?”

He bent down to pick up his jacket and placed it back on Amber’s shoulders. He placed his arms around her shoulder and brought her closer. The warmth from his body made Amber felt safe and secure. Finally - she felt she was home.

He glanced down at her with a playful smirk on his lips, “Surprise you.”

“Well, I’m surprise.”

“I got your postcard.”

“You didn’t have to come all the way here. I was going back soon anyway. When did you get back to Korea?”She rested her head on his shoulder. She knew that he understood her meaning in the postcard.

“A week ago. I couldn’t wait. So here I am,” he said as he looked down at the feet. “Why aren’t you wearing you shoes?”

She sighed, “I was forced to dance.”

“So you’re feet hurts now.” She nodded. He let go of her shoulders and got off the bench and kneeled in front of her. Take her foot in his hands he started to massage the bottom of her foot. She tried to pull away, but he held tight.

“What are you doing?” She asked. Feeling herself blushed at the same time. “You don’t have to do that you know.”

He smiled up at her. A smiled that made her heart skipped a beat, “I want to.”

Amber bit down on her bottom lip, a little embarrassed. She wanted him to stopped, but he looked so happy doing it that she let it go, “You said you came back a week ago. How come you didn’t show up here sooner?”

“I had some business to take care of.”

“What’s that?”

“I had to go see my parent,” he paused and without him having to say anything Amber knew where else he went before he came to see her.

“Did you go alone?” He nodded. “It must have been hard for you.”

He gave her a weak smiled, “It was, but I had to do it. I also went to see you brother before I came here too.”

Amber cocked her eyebrows with curiosity, “You went to see Hae, why?”

He slowly placed her foot back down to the ground. He brushed the dirt from his hands on his pants and reached his hand into his pants pocket. He pulled his hand back out of the pocket and Amber eyes widen. She felt the tears stinging her eyes.

Yongguk looked up at gazed into her eyes, “I know we never dated, but all these years you have become an extension of me, someone that I can’t live without. A friend first, but that is the base that allowed my love for you to grows deeper, but I was afraid that you might not feel the same. It was when I got that postcard from you that I finally knew. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Amber. Will you …”

“Yes!” She interrupted him before he could finish. She wasn’t prepared for this, but she did what her heart had told her.

Yongguk chuckled at her action. He placed the gold ring with a beautiful solitary diamond on her left ring finger. He then looked up at her, placed his hands on her cheeks and kissed her on the lips. It was a gentle, soft, warm kiss, but it was filled with passion as well.

She felt him smiled against her lips before he pulled away. Amber brought her hands up to her cheeks as she felt herself blushed. Yongguk chuckled at the sight as he got up from the ground and seated himself beside her, his arm back around her shoulders.

Whether it was because of the kiss or the amount of champagne she had earlier, Amber let out a small burped.

Yongguk let out a hearty laughed, “Way to ruin the moment. That’s not very lady like of you.”

She playfully hit him on his arm, “You know you love it.”

“I do,” he turned and kissed her on the side of the temple. “I love everything about you.”

Amber pretended to puke at his cheesiness, which made him laughed harder. She laughed along with him, and then gave him a quick peck on the cheek, “I love you too.”

Through all the events that she had gone through, Amber finally she understood what true love meant.

It was unconditional, imbued with trust, loyalty and acceptance.

Whatever the future hold she was happy to have Yongguk by her side.