(Kangteuk) Now I believe in angels.

kid!SuperJunior drabbles

  Kangin, a tough 10 years old kid, never believed in angels. His mother told him that angels were real, that they survived and were watching over them, but Kangin just rolled his eyes and plugged his fingers into his ears, making weird sounds. His mother shook her head at him and sighed, nothing could be done to persuade the boy.

  But one day, everything changed. A new student transfered to his school and it appeared he was going to be in the same class as Kangin. "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Leeteuk. Please treat me well," Leeteuk bowed 90 degree and smiled a dimple smile, it was enough to sweep Kangin off his feet. "Well then, please sit beside that raccoon guy over there," their class teacher pointed at Kangin who blushed in embarrassment. "Yah! I am not a raccoon!" he protested, the whole class roared with laughter and he blushed even more. Leeteuk sat down beside Kangin and smiled at him. "You know my name now, what's yours?" Kangin pulled at his collar, wondering when did the temperature in the class rose. "K-Kim Youngwoon, b-but everyone c-calls me K-Kangin," he stuttered. Why the heck am I stuttering?! 

  "Okay then, I'll call you Kangbear, cause you look like a bear," Kangin wanted to slide down his chair and scream in joy. He gave me a nickname! And he looks like an angel too.. Kangin regained his confidence and nodded, telling Leeteuk he could call him that.


  Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, Kangin's crush for Leeteuk grew day by day. On the night before Leeteuk's birthday, he prepared a gift for the birthday boy. It was a journal with white leather cover, he wrapped it up in a sheet of dotted black and white gift wrapper. Of course he knew Leeteuk's favourite colour! Like come on, the boy wore white to school every morning. His bag is white, his pencil case is, his shoes are white.. you get it. I hope he'll like it.. The next day, Kangin went to school early so he could place the gift in Leeteuk's drawer without anyone in class noticing, he'll never survive with the teasings. 

  He sat on his chair and fiddled his fingers nervously, glancing at the clock hanging on the wall from time to time. What if he doesn't like it? What if he rejects it? Shoot.. I shouldn't have placed the note beside it.. As Kangin bent over to retrive said note, Leeteuk walked into the class. Quickly he pulled back and cleared his throat, looking at anywhere but Leeteuk. The birthday boy noticed Kangin's weird behaviour but ignored it. When he placed his Maths textbook into his drawer, he noticed something... rectangular. Taking out the said item, he saw a note beside it. Unfolding the note slowly, he began to read the scribbled words on it.

  Dear Teukie, happy birthday! May you have a great day! Btw, can you be my boyfriend? Love, Kangbear. He blinked once, twice, then grinned, no wonder Kangin was so fidgety. He turned to Kangin and hugged him, whispering a silent 'yes'. Kangin was too shock to respond at first, but closed his eyes and enjoyed the warm hug. Leeteuk was now his, his one and only angel sent from heaven.