Problem

Dark Memory

Day: Cloudy but warm...

Date: 30th July

Dear Diary,

Papa was away again. Lately he was really busy with work and had to attend meetings. These meetings he went off to be far away and would take him days or even weeks. Papa strictly told me to stay in this house but it’s so boring. Girls at my age would probably have work and have husbands’ even kids at this age and then there’s me. I’m still treated like a little girl and locked up in this house. Yet I never complained and stayed obedient I guess it was from papa. He was always obedient when his boss called him over. When he is angry he is able to mask it and keep his cool and usually isolate himself to control himself.

Papa grew up as well. He was no longer the playful, childish papa when I was young. He turned into those serious business men. Going off to work and returning home to sleep all night. Tonight though he went out hunting. He no longer ate food with me. I know he can’t taste the food I cook but he used to always eat them and praised me.  Even though he can’t taste it, it still fill up his stomach. I guess when you grow you change.

Also due to my growing age, he no longer bathed me or play with me and I slept alone most of times. Always giving me books to read but I read the whole library already. I’m tired of living here. My life is so pointless and boring here. I want to get out.

=======================================================================================

Another tiring day after a meeting with Infinite and again this meeting was pointless. The whole time Infinite was arguing no progress in today’s work. Frustrated, I stormed up to my room and locked myself trying to cool down. Running in between the two worlds was giving me a headache. One moment I have to be cold then next a loving father. It was really messing my head up that I decided to just keep my cold personality. It was easier.

A little knock came to the door. “Papa?” “What?” I sighed heavily. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine” I coldly replied to show her I wasn’t in the mood to talk. “Do you want anything?” Pup was still at the door.

“Just warm up the bath tub for me” Pup soft footsteps entered the room quietly and brushed past me to get to the bathroom. I stared at her face as she the bath tub. Sitting quietly on the edge of the tub, Pup looked up to the window watching the moon again. She always stared at the moon and daze for a long time. Once the water was filled she quickly turned it off and walked pass me with her head low as she felt my stare on her.

She grew quickly and I can see myself in her. The way how she could mask her emotions and close off any feelings but the more she grew the more mysterious she became and the more I knew less of her. I could see the wall she built around her as she distances herself from me. Yes it was my fault but children should grow up being more independent and less attachment to their parents. That’s what all parents do even mine.

Welcome back” she said before she left the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the long soak in the tub my mind seemed to calm down a bit. Thinking nothing else to do, I decided to go bed early than usual. But something interrupted me from my slumber. I heard soft footsteps pacing up and down the corridors in front of my room. Pup must have been up again. Most likely from a nightmare. She usually does this to calm herself and would wait to see if I kindly welcome her to my bed. But I was just too tired to bother to comfort her tonight. Soon the footsteps went fainter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again something woke me up from my sleep. Every noise in the house would always make my ears perk. That’s the burden of being a vampire. We could never peacefully sleep like the dead that the humans believed.

I laid there focusing on the sound. Soft grasses brushed against each other, the wind flow stopped half way as it hit an object. Someone was outside.

Automatically I stood up and ran to Pup’s room protectively guarding the door. Hopefully Pup locked her window but the soft breeze I heard from her room told me not. I quietly tapped her door but no response. Then the grasses rustled from the distance.

The intruder must of left but to ensure Pup was safe I unlocked the door and met an empty bed. “Pup?” I paced around the room and locked the windows. I felt her bed. It was cold. She was not in her bed for a long time. Quickly I rushed out of the house and looked for any trace of her presence. Her scent I could detect but very faint because vampires can’t smell but her scent I can pick up slightly. And followed it into the deep woods.

=====================================================================================

I quickly ran away from the house. Papa would probably awaken by down since my footsteps are so loud to him. I needed fresh air. I had a nightmare and it was the same from the previous nights but tonight it felt more real. I could feel the pain. I saw a scar on my arm. My dream was becoming more real so I need it to get out of there to calm myself. Papa would understand he always have the soft spot in him. Running past trees and bushes I nearly hit one since our house was on top of a hill and surrounded with trees, I was running really fast.

Here finally. I’m standing on the edge of the cliff after wondering around I lost myself and here I am sitting at the edge watching the lights of the town below flickering.  I could feel its warmth soothing me from my horrible sleep. My earst caught some movements in the trees. I know I have to leave soon but I was lost and I believe Papa can always find me. He always can somehow even though his senses are muddled up he was smart.

After hours it felt, the town lights turned off and I was left with coldness but the moon shone brightly keeping my fears away but the coldness was not helping. At times the clouds would cover the moon blanking me with the darkness. I grew to hate the darkness after these dreams. I think I’m dying inside. The dreams I’m having were eating me alive and the thought of dying brought me to tears. Once tears fall, all my emotions I controlled are released.  My heart shook every time I cried and it pained me more but it made me feel numb.

========================================================================================

Pup’s scent was getting weaker as the wind blew her off my track. My senses were muddled up and my mind which was once in peace was running crazy. Her scent was not guiding me and so I had to rely on my sight but my sight was only filled to with more trees. Thinking of the horrible outcomes, my fear kicked adrenaline on and I blindly swift through trees then my ears perked at soft muffled sounds. Following it, it brought me to my target.

She was sitting on the edge of the cliff. Her feet were dangling and her head was buried in her hands. How could she make me so worried? Anger fuelled me and I felt the darkness in me releasing itself. I stormed towards Pup and she heard it and stood up facing me with tears flowing out her eyes. “Papa” she said weakly but it did not startle me. Not this time. She was breaking the rules and this time she went overboard.

=========================================================================================

Papa stormed his way towards me with heavy steps. His face twisted forming a murderous look and his hair fell on his eyes making them unreadable. I soon felt fear in me and my instinct told me to run. I took careful footsteps away from the cliff towards him then I dodged from his grasp and ran in the forest.

Cold, tight fingers wrapped around my waist and pulled me back making me crashing on his chest. His lips touched my ears and I heard me hiss at me. I struggled to get out. Papa was never like this even when he was mad and it scared me like in my dream. The scream was stuck in my throat as he turned me around so that I was now facing him.

“Let me go!” I tried to push him away but his grip on my shoulders brought me to my knees. He stood there looking down at me. I could feel my fear was feeding him as he smirked in satisfaction at my state. “I said never to leave the house without me” he whispered coldly as he knelt at the same level as me.

“I…had a nightmare and I need to refresh myself” my words stumbled and his smirk turned into a frown. He grabbed my chin and tilted it upwards so I was looking at his eyes. “Really…or did you leave so you can run away from me?” he hissed. I shook my head. I never had the thought to do that. “Well guess what, you will never leave because you’re mine” he darkly chuckled. Pushing me to the ground his weight kept me stuck on the ground. His hands s up and grabbed my throat.

I winced at the pain when his teeth penetrated through my skin and it sink deeper past my vein. I shivered when I felt the blood flowing out of me. I couldn’t scream my energy was being drained. This was like in my dream but it was Papa this time. No I believe this is L not papa. Papa was probably sleeping, this was L, Papa’s past he usually talked about. I breathed heavily and felt his hands wrapped around my fingers tightly. I was completely pinned down and looking into his eyes the darkness within finally consumed me.

============================================================================================

I woke up with a huge headache. My head was thumping violently and I sprang up when I realised I was lying in the forest. Confused I looked around my surrounding and my nose was hit with powerful scent of the dirt. I sneezed at the foreign scent. There was a lot of scent I was picking up and then another scent.

It was Pup. I looked around and found her laying few metres away from me sleeping. I was so confused. “Why were we sleeping here?” I tilted my head as I slowly walked to Pup.

As I neared Pup I noticed a trail of blood leading her to me. Then fear started to form into me as each step I took closer to her, fragments from last night I was searching for her rushed into my mind. I ran to her side and saw blood pooled around her.

“….Pup, Pup!” I struggled to get my voice back and panicky shook her. “Wake up! Come on!......Who did this to you!” I continued to shake her and her head lolled to one side revealing two deep punctures in her neck. I touched the wound and felt the depth of the puncture. It was deep and she had a lot of blood loss. Blood was oozing out as her every time her heart pulse slowly beat. Her blood scent was pounding into me but I was not at slight tempted to take it which was odd but then it hit me. The scene from last night flashed in my eyes.

I did this to you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Wow

So much drama!......and now the real L finally apppeared. More characters will come in soon so please subscribe and comment for more

-Saranghae (=^x^=)