Farewells

Dark Memory

Recap of ch 24 in case some of you might skip it.

Sungjong finally mastered his powers. Okay please do continue reading. Enjoy! -(=^x^=)

=====================================================

“Emergency now!” Hoya shouted as he stumbled his way knocking on each door he passed stirring everyone from their slumber. Everyone quickly assembled in the main room to see the commotion surprised to see EXO K awaiting them. “What’s wrong?” Sungyeol asked yawning. “Luhan just contacted us” Suho sighed. “It’s time” Sunggyu mumbled and Suho nodded in agreement sadly. “For what?” Infinite looked confusingly between the two leaders. “Sunggyu sent us to look for the witchcraft book along with a sorcerer and just in time she appeared at our house last night. She says she would be welcome to do the sealing ritual”

“Well that doesn’t seem to be a problem” Sungyeol shrugged. “Why not do it now?”

“The problem is it requires two people in both worlds doing the ritual. Sunggyu on this side and…” Suho looked down. “Don’t tell Kris is doing the other side”

“They have already decided. Luhan just contacted us this morning. We have no time left. Those humans are so close and if we don’t hurry war will break through”  Sunggyu let out a heavy sigh.

Sungyeol was about to protest until Dongwoo silenced him. “We can’t just leave them like that. But either way EXO M can’t stay here since they belong to the human world but Kris …”Dongwoo sighed in frustration. “I’m telling you they are so close. They broke through the first barrier and Kris’s team say that can’t hold them back for long!” Suho clench his hands. “Infinite this is an order. You must seal this world with me and that’s final” Sunggyu said in his commanding voice. Silence broke through the room and slowly they reluctantly all followed Sunggyu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris stood in front of the invisible barrier clutching his fellow brothers’ hands together as they try to put on their brave masks awaiting for their arrival. The barrier that they always easily cross through felt like a wall. And soon they heard the slowly footsteps approaching them. Loud explosions can be heard behind them as the humans approached them but all their ears focused on the footsteps of their friends.

Sunggyu appearing first from the tree then the rest. All of Infinite stood in front of EXO M leaving a gap between them where the ground will crack and split. No longer will Kris see the forest ahead of him. Everything he grew up in that world will disappear just like a dream and also knowing he was the only one in the race will now stand alone in a different world with no power or anything but the clothes on his back and his loyal brothers. He laughed to himself as he realised the world he used to hate so much will be place he will miss terribly. Turing his gaze to EXO K he watched as they hid themselves in the forest crying silently. These brothers he will never see again he gave them a silent farewell so did the others and Luhan assured them the message got across.

“Before we seal this final fate, Kris you will lose your title but instead I will entitle you to be the protector of the remaining left behind. You will be known as the King of Wolves as you may be call it”

“I like the name leader better” Kris laugh sadly. Sunggyu looked down blinking his tears away “Any last words?” . “Take good care of Lydia for me and tell her goodbye from her friend” tears fell from his eyes but he did not bother to wipe them away. “Just remember you will always be an EXO!” Suho shouted waving at them. Sunggyu gave the final signal. Quietly the two sorcerers stood on each side of the line mumbling some words.

A line appeared between them. “Please bring your hand up” Sunggyu and Kris placed their two hands together closing their eyes. The huge gush of wind came and the ground violently shook. The wolves behind EXO M howled sadly and both looked down at each other when they felt no hand contact. Kris was first to put his hands down. Sunggyu knocked on the barrier which was a permanent wall that separated them. EXO K came running out to the barrier knocking loudly shouting farewells and soon a black mist appeared blinding their sight. The wall was no longer there but in the black mist lingered in front of them. No trees, no wolves just a black mist in front of them. “Thank you” was Kris’s last word to Sunggyu as they returned to their main quest. Their final quest was to get rid of their existence and hide themselves among the humans. There’s no such things as werewolves they’re just stories and myths just like Dracula.

============================================================================================

The whole day EXO K and Infinite stayed in their own rooms silently mourning. The whole world really was silent. There was no more howls at night it was painfully silent. Sunggyu sat in his room praying that they were safe and hopefully as they planned the humans would give up. Then something caught his interest. He saw a glimpse of someone’s mind a scream rang into his mind. That voice he recognised immediately and quickly he dashed to his brother’s room.

“Myungsoo!” Sunggyu shouted as he opened the door. Sungyeol woke up at the sudden outburst seeing Sunggyu. “Do you guys need a moment?” Sunggyu ignored him and approached Myungsoo. Sungyeol hopped out of bed and left the room to sleep in Sunggyu’s room leaving the two brothers alone.

Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo’s sleeping body. His face looked peaceful but as he entered Myungsoo’s mind everything was a mess. He watched as images flashed into his mind rapidly too quick for Sunggyu to pick up. It was suffocating him then he realised it wasn’t the images that was choking him it was Myungsoo no L himself for the first time allowed Sunggyu to see him. And to his surprise there was no smile from L instead he saw L in the worst state ever.

L released his hold on Sunggyu and was scrunched in a ball as he tried to stop the thoughts going to Sunggyu’s mind. “Get out of here now” L tried to stop Sunggyu from digging further in. then an image of a human flew by and L cried in anguish as he saw it. “Stop it!” L shouted but Myungsoo thoughts wouldn’t stop. Sunggyu watched in shock but great confusion. Myungsoo was hurting L? How? With a final breath L shoved Sunggyu out.

Myungsoo quickly sat up breathing rapidly trying to keep calm. “I’m sorry L” he mumbled over and over again shaking his head as he tried to shake off his thoughts. He need a distraction so he would stop thinking about L’s dark history it was hurting him mentally and also to keep Sunggyu out. “What’s going on?” Sunggyu kneeled down looking at Myungsoo. Myungsoo knew he couldn’t lie to Sunggyu he saw enough so lying wouldn’t work then Sunggyu looked in again and saw an image of Lydia. “Stop hiding it from me. Tell me what was that all about?!” Sunggyu firmly placed his hands on Myungsoo’s shoulders. L was stubborn to let Sunggyu read his mind so he put thoughts of Lydia in Myungsoo’s mind. “We’re brothers for god sake! Let me help you”

Myungsoo nodded and slowly he confessed the night when he met L. “After I woke up L no longer was here but in Sungjong’s body and now he’s back in me”

“Sungjong?” Myungsoo nodded. “When the humans took me they knocked me really hard that L appeared and I was asleep. They tortured him in so many ways. They took him into a bright room. Straved him for days. Drown him in water. Bashed him until he can no longer scream” Myungsoo looked down nervously as L no longer tried to stop him from telling Sunggyu.

“Why?” Sunggyu whispered in shock.

“They wanted to know his weakness they wanted to find a vampire’s weakness. Then they took Sungjong as their human experiment. They took my blood but at the same time as they took my blood they took a part of me away. They took L out of my body in that blood”

“Wh..how?”

“They took my blood not from my arm or neck but from my heart and injected it into Sungjong” Sunggyu face paled at the thought of it. Myungsoo placed his hand on his chest feeling the scar that was left behind. “Sungjong still has my blood running in his system. Even though L is out of him. He still be unstable since they overdose him and miraculously he survived unlike in Lydia’s case. She drank my blood but Sungjong was injected like a human getting bitten-“

“He’s a bastard” Sunggyu whispered so that only Myungsoo could hear.

The two sat on the bed quietly allowing Sunggyu to take it all in. What they didn’t notice that Sungjong was sitting outside listening to every word.

========================================================================================

“Did you hear that. A bastard! Me! Is this why I’m locked up. I’m not a vampire!” Sungjong’s voice shook.

“I’m a monster worse than a vampire” his voice quieten as he slumped against the wall facing Lydia. “What am I supposed to do?” Sungjong looked at Lydia wishing she could just woke up and comfort him. “Should I kill myself? Yes that’s right so then no one needs to get hurt because of a human” Sungjong smiled as he found his answer but Lydia’s still body reminded him. He pictured Lydia would probably cry or yell at him at such thought. “Not yet though darling. But real soon. So soon”

Sungjong took slow steps towards her his hands began to tremble as he got closer. “I need to. Humans don’t exist here. I am a human who have no excuse for my existence here. What about you?”

Sungjong kneeled beside her taking her hands in his. “A friend you say but no I can no longer be your friend. A friend wouldn’t hurt their friends but I did. So hate me for doing this” Sungjong tightened his grip on her hand. Crying all his tears out till he ran out.

“I must do it now because I can hear them coming” Sungjong stood up still holding her hands. Lacing them together. A tears slipped out of Lydia’s eye but she still did not make any movement. “Not yet darling. Stay still” his hands shook as he gripped her hand harder almost crushing it.

“But do I know that I love you…..so so much”  

============================================================================

Dun Dun Dun! Sorry for the so so late update....and sorry for the terrible cliffhanger that is if it is. What will happen next? I'm not sure too hehehe still working on that. Did he die? Did they died hm....well I'm still thinking on that. Muahahaha I feel like the grim repeaer.

I'm also starting a new story which I shouldn't and finish this one but ideas keep flowing into my mind so just be aware that I will release a new story soon...and prob start neglecting all the stories I'm working on so be prepared to meet monthly updates mianhe! >< hopefully not yearly ones hehehe 

Anyways.... so any thoughts so far or things that need to be clarified? (I found my story a bit confusing too) so please do comment. and thanks for the constant comments and love you guys gave. <3

-saranghae (=^x^=)