Nightmare

Dark Memory

Date: unknown 

Day: 5 years with Pup

Weather: cold

Days are coming close to Pup’s birthday. She’s already aging so quickly and I’m still the same. Time fly so fast. In two days Pup is 10 years old I presume. The day I met her was what we decided should be her birthday. Living with Pup taught me more about humans. I studied more about the tradition and their lifestyle trying to duplicate it for Pup.

“Papa?” Pup called from the door. She stood there in her sleeping gown rubbing her eyes. “Pup what are you’re doing up late? Go to bed”

“I can’t papa I want to sleep with you” she whimpered. “I’ll be there in a minute” I quickly wrote down some notes and hastily filed the papers away.

By the time I finished my work Pup was no longer standing there. I headed towards my room when I caught Pup sitting downstairs gazing at the snow falling. Her eyes shone more bright at night as the moon reflected on her eyes. I knew from then she was going to grow into a fine lady one day. And one day she will find her soul mate while I’m stuck here in this mansion alone someday.

“Pup?” I whispered. She turned her head and sadly smiled and grabbed my hand. “Let’s go to bed” I led her to the bedroom. Lying down Pup turned her body towards me lying on her side. “I got a nightmare” she whispered. I turned so both our bodies were facing each other.

 “Do you want to talk about it?” Pup sighed “I dreamt that I was alone. You weren’t there papa. It felt so real that I was afraid I couldn’t wake up” her voice broke and I took her in my arms. “It’s okay papa will never leave you. I promise. We will always be together no matter what” I patted her back and her head snuggled into my chest. “I promise too papa I will always be here for you. I love you papa” “Love you more” yes she grew more in my heart everyday. Thanks to her, life turned more interesting with her and through her I was able to see good things in this world and saw myself become more humane. I was no longer L after living with her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let go of me you monster!” her scream echoed in my head. “Please stay! I beg of you” I was on my knees. “Never. I hate you so much Kim Myungsoo! I hate everything about you. You don’t love me and I don’t love you we’re even!” she pulled back her arm and tried to run away. I grabbed her again and this time held her in my grasp. “Never say that! I know very well I love you I promise you. I’m going crazy now!” she ignored me and continued to break free.

I.will. never. Leave.you  and I will make sure you stay. You’re mine remember?” I hissed darkly as my mind clouded with darkness. “Well guess what. I’m already gone” she smirked and faded away. “No!” I shouted and shot up from my bed.

“Just a nightmare” I tried to control my breathing and turned to see Pup in a deep sleep. “Just a nightmare. Everything is okay” I lied down and hugged Pup tightly. “You’re here with me right? And love me just the same as I love you” I her head. “Yes together forever” my other whispered as sleep took over me. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________