Answer

Dark Memory

Sungjong left already leaving me in this empty house called home. Well papa is coming home today so today is not going to be that bad. Before Sungjong left he left me to take care of his bear. “Remember if you ever lonely or upset just talk to Mr.Bear” Sungjong said. I loked closely at the bear and saw small stiches on the fur. Sungjong must of ripped it to shreds since it’s his mood bear. Poor bear being abused by Sungjong. Then I heard a rustle in the woods. My ears focused on the sound and I can hear footsteps. I think living here my hearing senses have improved. I quickly placed Mr. Bear in the corner and ran downstairs ready to greet him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Welcome back” I shouted and pounce on him when he just opened the door. Papa was taken in surprise and almost fell when I jumped on him. “Erm….Pup” he said in stern voice. I quickly hopped off and grabbed his bag and took his coat. “I’m sorry. It’s just that you have been gone for a month and I missed you” I mumbled and papa sighed.

“Just try to restrain yourself” papa walked off to his room while I trailed behind him then he stopped suddenly. He lifted his head and faced me. He sniffed the air and leaned close to me. “You have a scent which is not yours” he furrowed his brows and looked coldly at me. I hated that he had a new talent.

“Who did you see at the town while I was gone?” he asked coldly. I was afraid. Afraid papa might get upset. “I meet a friend” Papa’s eyes looked through me. “A friend?” I nodded looking down trying to stop him from reading me.

 “He’s name is Sungjong” I said quietly. “A human man” I didn’t like it when he said human it reminded me papa wasn’t human but a vampire that vampires despise humans. “Papa? How can you smell? You said vampires can’t smell” I tried to change the topic. “I don’t know. Somehow I can smell all of a sudden” he mumbled and quickly his cold eyes turned cold returning to the topic.

“Next time you visit town. Do not make friends with humans without me especially men. Men can take advantage of you. Do you know what they do? They..” Papa trailed off with the same old lecture and it calmed me down knowing this was Myungsoo talking.

“It’s fine papa. I knew Sungjong for almost a year now” “A year?” his face darkened. Opps my stupid mouth slipped. “How close are you with this man” his voice was turning cold freezing me. I looked away, his face was terrifying I was afraid he might turn into L again. “Like I said just a friend” I whispered. L sighed and stormed to his room leaving me standing there frozen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood nervously in front of Papa’s room. “Papa?” I knocked. The room was quiet but papa wasn’t asleep I can hear his little movements on the bed. “What am I going to do with you?” he whispered to himself. I opened the door and faced Papa. “I’m sorry for not telling you. I was….I was afraid” half of myself wanted him to understand what I meant of afraid but the other half wish he doesn’t it could hurt him. Papa kneeled down levelling himself to me. He my hair and his eyes followed his hand as they brush my hair repeatedly. “Pup you grown really beautifully and knowing you grown into a fine lady, there are those out there that could do bad things” his eyes soften. “Even myself” he mumbled to himself but I heard it. “Papa, you’re the greatest person I met. Don’t think of yourself like that” I hugged him earning a soft chuckle from him. “Hey Pup are you cooking something?” he sniffed the air. “Yes, I made you dinner” I lead him to the dining and sat watching him eat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a little bit of her food and amazingly I could taste it. I could taste the texture of the food it gave off a pleasant smell and taste and ended up eating everything so quick. “Wow papa when was your last feed?” Pup laughed. “Few hours ago with Dongwoo. But Pup something strange” Pup sat up and looked at me. “What?”

“I can taste this. Also I realised I don’t like blood anymore” Pup eyes grew into huge rabbit eyes. “Really?” I nodded thinking of the strange things happening to me. I could smell. I can taste food. My senses have improved something weird was going on. “Papa I also have to tell you something”

 

Pup kneeled beside and lowered her head on my lap. Her fingers split her hairline revealing her roots. “Can you see it?” I brushed her hands away and tangled my hand in her hair. Her hair was brown but there was some black strands present which I never seen before. I closely examined her hair and at the tip I could see some black colour forming. Pup then seated herself in front of me. “Anything else different?” I questioned.

Pup closed her eyes thinking of anything else. “Oh yes. Papa you know how you have smell and taste which means your senses have sharpened. I think I am too. You see I can hear things more clearer. I can hear the trees and people from greater distance” Senses similar of a vampire I thought. This is definitely strange.

I was becoming more human so is Pup becoming a vampire? I looked at her face features. Her face was still the same. “Do you have any fangs?” she shook her head. “I don’t think so. How do you bring out your fangs?”

“When you need to use it comes out. Like when eating”  Then we both thought about the blood incident.

I took her blood once but never in history has a vampire turned into a human from drinking human blood. She took my blood which could explain weird things maybe. The vampire records never showed humans turning into vampires since it was rare for humans and majority cases die from drinking vampire blood.  I need to talk to Sunggyu he would probably know but he was busy. But what about me? I still have my vampire features nothing changed except my senses.

“Pup I’m going to see Sunggyu. I’m leaving now” I quickly grabbed my coat. “Okay” her lonely voice echoed. “I’m sorry Pup but I can’t stay tonight” and a sound startled us. “You hear that Pup?” my eyes perked up and Pup nodded. There was an intruder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You need me L?” a voice behind us and immediately I stood in front of Pup defensively. Looking at the intruder sitting on the window sill. The figure then moved away from the dark and I relaxed a bit seeing his face. “Sunggyu hyung what brings you here?”

“Well, you needed to see me so poff I came here instead of you visiting my place. And is that little Pup I see hiding there” his face brightened. Pup moved away from me and walked to Sunggyu. Looking at him curiously. “Pleasure of meeting you uncle” Sunggyu chuckled in surprise. “Uncle?” Pup nodded innocently.

“You’re papa’s brother right?” he nodded and started to laugh. “Awww look Myungsoo is a daddy” he teased. “But seriously Myungsoo you need to call her something else she’s not a dog. What would you like me to call you?” he crouched down giving her his eye smiles. “Lydia” she said happily. “Lydia dear that’s a lovely name” he said. Pup pouted hearing Sunggyu baby talking to her. “I’m 18 Sunggyu not 5”

“I’m sorry Lydia. Wow you’re just like your papa. But please continue to call me uncle. I like that” he then stood up and his face returned to the serious Sunggyu. “Now tell me. What’s the problem” I always told Sunggyu everything. Somehow between those little eyes he was able to see everything. He was good at keeping secrets and being my hyung he looked after me well for me to trust him.

 “Sunggyu, it’s about my senses” he nodded indicating he was listening. Pup sat quietly beside him as Sunggyu hands her head. “I can smell Sunggyu. I can pick up scent and I can taste food not just blood. And I’m worried if I am becoming a human” Sunggyu furrowed his brows in deep thought. “Do you know why?” “ I think it was because I drank Pup’s blood but this never happened to any vampires before”

“Also I have my senses changed to uncle. I can hear great distances and see way more especially in the dark” Sunggyu eyes squinted into thing lines as tried to think harder. “Did you drink L’s blood?” Pup nodded. Sunggyu sat there silently for a long time. “Is he asleep papa?” Pup whispered to me. I smiled and shook my head.

“My eyes are open” Sunggyu’s voice was still serious but his expression…. I couldn’t hold in my laugh and Pup bowed apologising her face flushed.  “Who drank who’s blood first?”

“I drank his blood first” Lyida replied and Sunggyu clicked his fingers and nodded his head to his assumptions he made in his head. “I know why now”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“This is a rare case of what is called blood bonding. Lydia drank Myungsoo blood and she survived. Myungsoo’s blood must of changed Lydia’s DNA slightly which is why she got the hair colour from and your senses. Myungsoo you drank her blood which was mutated by your blood so it changed your DNA as well since it has your  blood in her blood, your body accepted it as not food and genetically been altered slightly. You’re still pure blood vampire but your blood flows with human blood. How interesting” Sunggyu wrote it in his book. Lydia stood in awe at Sunggyu’s theory. I could see questions flowing in her head. I knew he was smart. He was the ace in school. “I read it in a book” Sunggyu said confidently to answer Lyida’s silent question. Also I forgot to mention he was a mind reader. Lydia quickly hid her eyes so he couldn’t read her. “So you’re saying I’m part papa and myself and papa is part me and him” Sunggyu nodded and felt myself burning up thinking of her blood inside of me. “Think of it as he’s your real dad and you inherit his genes” Pup smiled. She was taking this more better than I was. “L I mean Myungsoo, I need to talk to you for a minute. Privately” Sunggyu looked at me and Pup obediently immediately left the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Now explain” Sunggyu crossed his arms and his face turned dark. “I didn’t take it on purpose” I explained.

“Is it because of him?” Sunggyu said bitterly boring his eyes into me bringing him out of me.

“L you need to return home. I think living here with humans will make you weak. Living here longer you have to keep him in right? How long can you hold him back? He needs to be released and it is safer if he comes out back home not here. I mean you have done all your research here already. Just go home before you get to attach with humans especially her and once attached, what will L do?” Sunggyu was talking to the both of us. I know Sunggyu was trying to help but saying I’m weak made me felt angry with him. I glared at him and Sunggyu took it as a threat.

“L, if you can’t control yourself around her then leave. If you lose control again who know what you will do…. or is it because you have some feelings for her?” Sunggyu was trying to unravel my mind. He was manipulative which is why I need to build a barrier. “Of course I do, I’m her father and as a father I will stay and look after her. I love her as if she’s my own” getting defensive knowing this would lead to more twisted questions and knowing  Sunggyu he will try to break through my mind. “I’m not asking you Myungsoo I’m asking L” he looked deeper to find some answers.

Sunggyu’s mouth turned into a smirk and inside I was nervous and felt myself backing down. “But you’re not a human Myungsoo. You’re a vampire. Vampires don’t have daddy little love. We’re cold hearted remember not heart-warming creatures” I clenched my hands together but I’m not giving up as my other self pulled me back. “But she’s a human. So it is understandable that I look after her like a human” Sunggyu nodded his head to agree.

“You seem to grow more smarter but more blind as well. As you have written in this book, children will grow up and leave their parents. And looking at Miss Lydia she has grown up into a lovely independent lady. She has a lover and your role ends here. The façade is over” Sunggyu faced darkened more and became more serious. He was growing impatient with this argument. I hate to deny it but everything he said was right. “You can’t fall for her”

 “I am not falling”

“Then leave. The both of you” his voice turned more cold. And the room grew quiet but the tension died down as he left me alone standing in front of Sunggyu.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note

phew updated three chapters today.....I'm need to to rest now. 

This chapter sounds quite confusing. Any questions feel free to ask. Even I found it confusing when I wrote this lol.

Thanks for reading

-Saranghae (=^x^=)