Hidden

Dark Memory

“Myungsoo?” I called out only hearing my echo replying back. The pit of my stomach felt sick and I ran out into the forest. But nothing can be heard. What happened to him. Calling him over and over again until I ended up into the city. The city was dark and the breeze was cold chilling me but I continued to search for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the sun crept up I realised I was long gone from the city and found myself stranded in the middle of no where. The city was still in sight but miles away. My legs couldn’t take me no more and next thing I knew the ground was up against my face. My heart was beating uncontrollably and the adrenaline finally disappeared. Lying lifelessly on the ground it reminded me when I was a little girl. When papa found me but this time he was not coming to get me.

Concentrating I tried to somehow call Infinite. Myungsoo sometimes did this. He would sit there and concentrate allowing his mind to connect to the other world. But after hours it felt like I realised I wasn’t them. I’m a human after all. But another thing daunted my mind. Was it EXO who took him?

Getting some energy back I tried to call for Luhan. Normally he would connect to me but maybe it is possible for me to get him. “Luhan, Luhan” my head kept repeating hoping he could hear it. At first it sounded like a hum but later I heard his soft voice.  “What’s wrong?” his voice rang out but I could barely hear it. “Something bad happen. Myungsoo..”

“Luhan call the others now!” Kris shouted in the background. “What?” he was trying to concentrate on what I was saying but the others thoughts kept drowning my voice and soon after his voice was fading away. “Luhan?” I called out again but heard no reply. I tried to call him again but no reply came back.

Lying still, I watched the sun rise and falling and dusk came. The moon came out. It has been a long time since I seen the moon properly. Glancing at the moon I found myself talking to it. I always did this when I was alone. It is a way it makes me feel comforted. The white colour reminds me of his face. It feels like I’m talking to Myungsoo. Feeling his cold hands my head trying to comfort me.  

===========================================================================

 “How are the others?” Kris asked out of breath. “Chen and Xiumin are injured and Lay just finished healing Tao. But Tao wound was huge so it took all of Lay strength. He is resting now and will heal the others once he regain some energy back” Luhan reported. “I’m contacting Sehun now”

“We need to move location. They found us” Kris huffed out. “Some of them have escaped and their back up team are coming here soon” Kris stood up and swirled his hand in the air. Then slowly the others body was lifted in the air and laid on the wind dragon Kris created. Luhan hopped on and Kris guided them to another place. “Kris there is something wrong with Lydia” Luhan broke the silence.

 “Why are you worried about her. She is not our concern” “No I mean it. I could feel her life force it is weak something is wrong” “Luhan! We are in danger now. Our brothers are injured and you are worried about our enemy” Kris said furiously. “She is not our enemy” Luhan said loudly he was really worried for her. Kris shifted his gaze on Luhan piercing him. “She is a human” Kris silenced him.

“We will rest here for tonight” Kris breathed heavily as he fell asleep when they landed. Luhan carried them to a cave and carefully he lied them covering them with some leaves so they nobody could find them. “I’m sorry hyung” Luhan backed out and dashed away.

==============================================================================

Luhan’s pov

Kris is going to kill me when he wakes up I thought as I ran passing through the woods. My body was running but my mind was trying to search for Lydia but she wasn’t answering back. Probably because she was sleeping. Hopefully she is.

After running miles I made it. Kim Myungsoo’s house. Quietly I walked past the gate and surprisingly the door was unlocked. “Lyida?” I called out but my ears picked up nothing. Her scent tells me she was here recently also Myungsoo as well then something hit me really hard. A horrible scent. Blood.

Tracing it, it led me to the entrance. Three droplets of blood dried on the doorstep. Myungsoo’s blood. Yes something really bad ha- “Luhan” a voice called out to me it was Chen. “We have been found where are you?”

=======================================================================

“Dammit where the hell is he?” Kris flew high up only to be pulled down again. “Not so fast” the man’s voice mocked. Kris watched helplessly as his brothers are locked into cages. They were still unconscious except for Chen who was trying to use his powers but only came out in little sparks. His body has reached its limit. “Argh!” Chen released out a huge bolt to the sky and the men watched with a smirk on their face. “Nice show” they cuffed his hands and dragged him to the truck.

A rumble from the ground can be heard. Pebbles shook and Kris looked up smiling as they came. ”They’re on their way”  Luhan told him.

Huge boulders appeared and smashed onto the trucks. The men looked around but couldn’t see the attackers. Next thing they were engulfed in blue flames. “Well that was easy” Chanyeol appeared brushing his hands together. “How come you couldn’t defeat them?” “Because this is their back up team. Wait until you see the professionals ones” Kris grunted as he stood up. “Come on” Kai called out. All of them held hands and Kai teleported them to the headquarters. “Welcome back” Suho smiled hugging Kris. It has been a long time since they have reunited.

 

Kris sat watching Tao resting in the first aid room. “Really Lay you need to rest!” Kai shouted from the other side of the room. Bed sheets and the creaks of the bed can be heard as Kai struggled to pin him down. Lay was troublesome but when it comes to his brothers he really cares about them he would do anything to help them. Lay silently protest as he tried to get up and the others had to tape him down.

“Busy much?” Suho asked Kris. Sitting next to him. “Yeah, trying to run away lately. It’s exhausting” Kris sighed. “Well since the elections are over do you want to go or stay” Suho asked. “To be honest. I think going back to the human world is best for these kids. It was pretty stupid kidnapping her wasn’t it. One trouble then next more problems” Kris sadly chuckled. “Yeah well that’s the past. For now we need to focus on the current prob-“ huge knocks came from the door and immediately Baekyun ran out to open it.

“Where is he?” a high pitch scream easily to recognise who it was from below and before they could even take a breath he slammed the door open only to be surprised to the scene in front of him. Suho sitting next to some blondie. Three guys lying unconscious on the bed . On the other bed another stranger was lying there taped against the bed with his mouth taped and the others trying to hold him down. “What are you doing?” he asked. “What is the problem” Suho stood up.

“Where is he?” Sungyeol asked with a slightly calmer voice. “Who?” Suho frowned. Sungyeol sighed heavily. “Kim Myungsoo. Where the hell is he?” Suho glanced at Kris who shrugged. Later  Dongwoo came and pull Sungyeol back and Hoya held him in place breathing heavily since they ran after Sungyeol. Sunggyu followed after them. “You shouldn’t… accuse people” Sunggyu puffed holding onto his legs.

“I’m sorry about his behaviour” Sunggyu bowed and Hoya forced Sungyeol to bow as well. “Don’t worry I understand” Suho smiled turning back to see Lay struggling on the bed while the others piled on each other to keep him down. Sunggyu turned to look and chuckled. “Do you need some assistance?” “If you can” Suho shrugged and Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun.

The metal bed rails snapped and bent over Lay’s body wrapping his waist. He was now literally trapped on the bed. “Impressive” Suho commented to Woohyun and Lay laid still giving up. “So who are you guys?” Sungyeol asked.

We’re EXO M. I’m Kris the leader. This is Xiumin, Chen, Tao, Luhan and that’s Lay” “Another EXO?” Sungyeol face turned sour. “From the human world” Luhan smiled. “So you’re the one who kidanpped Lydia” Sungyeol pointed at them. “Yes but we never intended to harm her” Luhan assured him but Sungyeol still looked at them in disbelief. “Look, we already have our own problem as you can see so can you leave” Kai stood up. Sungyeol ignored him and looked at EXO M suspiciously. “You’re not vampires are you?” Sungyeol hissed bringing out his fangs and Hoya pulled him back. “Sorry about the intrusion” Sunggyu bowed again while Hoya and Dongwoo escorted Sungyeol away. “No wait” Luhan called out. “What happened to Myungsoo?”

“None of your concern!” Sungyeol shouted below as they drag him away. “We’re not sure but when we went over to his house it was empty and somehow I couldn’t track him down” Sunggyu smiled sadly. “What about Miss Lydia?” Chen asked weakly his eyes were still closed. “We don’t know either”

“Lydia contacted me a while ago”  Sunggyu turned his gaze to Luhan. “I don’t know where she is but she is in trouble. I went to Myungsoo’s house and found blood lying on the doorstep” Sunggyu nodded his head. “We saw that too which is why Sungyeol ran here. Can you contact her again?” Sunggyu ask. Luhan frowned with uncertainty. “I tried before but it seems she must be sleeping since I couldn’t contact her but I’ll try again” Luhan sat and shutting his eyes tried to focus.

“So what happened here?” Sunggyu asked as they wait for any news. “My brothers was attacked and our place was invaded by humans” Kris hissed. “What? Humans?” Woohyun asked.

“Yes but they are very dangerous. They nearly took us all down. They are a group of believers of supernatural. Ghosts, vampires, dragons any mytical creatures. They believe they all exist and try to hunt us down for their stupid research also, to eliminate us all” his voice poured pure hatred.  “Could Myungsoo possibly be taken away by them?” Suho asked. Kris shrugged. “Well I haven’t received any information about him but I do know they have captured few vampires from the human world. Maybe he could be among them. I suggest you should stop your kind from crossing over to cause less trouble for us” Kris replied looking disinterest.

“I will plan to do that” Sunggyu replied and Woohyun noted it down. “Thank you for your information. In return I would like to request that we work together in the future” Everyone turned their gaze to Sunggyu. “Hyung, they’re our enemies. They almost killed us once” Woohyun whispered loudly. “That’s the past. Elections are over. Why should we continue to be enemies and also our kind are in danger. It is best if we work together” Sunggyu replied with confidence.

“Very well then” Suho smiled and brought his hand out. Sunggyu shook his hand. “We too will work with you but only temporarily” Kris pierce his gaze at Sunggyu. Sunggyu smiled and nodded his head. “Luhan?”Kris called out waking Luhan from his trance. “She’s safe for now but Myungsoo no she doesn’t know where he is” Luhan breathed out exhausted. “Then our next plan is to invade their place” Kris cracked his knuckles.

==========================================================================

“Come on Lydia. Tell me” Sungjong pleaded searching through my eyes for an answer. “Sungjong. This matter is private. Please try to understand” I covered my face. “Well finding you lying half dead in the middle of the no where. This is a serious matter which I need to know!” Sungjong persisted. “You won’t understand” I shook my head blocking out his voice as I listen to Luhan. “Are you okay?”

“Yes I’m staying with a friend of mine so I’m safe. But Myungsoo I don’t know where he disappeared to” “Don’t worry, I think we found him but it is going to take time to get him” “What happened to EXO. The last time we talked Kris was shouting” “Ah well we were attacked at our base” “Is everyone okay?” “Yes. Don’t worry” “Well if you need a place to stay you are welcome to stay at Myungsoo’s place he won’t mind” “Thank you Lydia” “Does it have to do something with vampires?” Sungjong asked making me loosing connections with Luhan. I stared at him and shook my head.

“Don’t lie I can tell you know” his voice turned serious. I bit my lips from saying more. “After bounty hunters coming to this place a group of vampire hunters came here searching for vampires. I don’t know if they are real but it looks legit” Sungjong looked closely at me. I hung my head low. “Are you a vampire?” Sungjong asked. I shook my head. “But Myungsoo is” I mumbled in defeat. He nodded his head in relief. “Then they must of took him then” Sungjong looked out the window. “Why are you so calm about this?” Sungjong shook his head. “I kind of expected it so I guess it didn’t take me real surprise. Ghosts, vampires they don’t scare me. I don’t get scared easily” he smiled with confidence. “For now it is best you stay here” he hugged me tightly as if he would never let go.

======================================================================

Sunggyu sat still on the couch staring out the window waiting for the others to return. He felt useless just sitting there but as their leader they wanted him kept safe in case something happened. Behind him Lay was pacing up and down the room nervously. He too was left behind. Since if any were hurt he would need to heal them and bringing him along could get him injured and also he needed to conserve energy to use his powers. Time by time though Luhan kept him updated on what was happening.  

“So what powers do you have?” Lay asked. “Mind control” Sunggyu answered still looking out the window. Lay covered his head. “So did you use it on-” “No. it is much more complicated and not as easily as you think. When I use it both the user and myself will result in fatigue and migraines so I don’t intend on using it. I prefer using mind reading then from there I would use persuasion to manipulate people” Lay relaxed. “Luhan can read minds as well right? Since he has telepathy” Lay shook his head. “His telepathy is weak. So if you don’t want him to read then you can block it. His powers is telekinesis. Telepathy is something he found out by using telekensis”

“I’m back” Kai teleported on Myungsoo’s bed placing D.O down and soon after teleported again. Lay rushed to D.O and quickly healed the wound on his arm. Sunggyu watched in awe as D.O flesh pulled together closing the cut and soon after only a scar was left. “Thanks bro” D.O sighed. “So what were you guys talking about” D.O asked as he try to regain his strength. “Our powers” Lay answered. “Ahh hm…let me guess. Dongwoo electricity,  Woohyun metal, Hoya….strength” “Wait that’s not fair. You have already seen their powers’ Lay interrupted. “No we prefer to keep our powers a secret so I only seen glimpse of some of them. Now where was I….right Hoya strength, Sungyeol speed since he has long legs, L is darkness…never want to see that again and Sunggyu…mind reader?” Sunggyu clapped his hands. “Quite an observer you are” Sunggyu praised. “Yeah everybody says that. Eyes of an owl” D.O smiled proudly.  “Wait D.O you’re wrong. Sunggyu is mind control” he smirked at the younger error. “Well he doesn’t look like one”

Kai returned again. “Another one” he dropped Sungyeol on the bed.”Owwww! Watch where you’re dropping me. God it kills” Sungyeol groaned. “Wait!” D.O yelled to Kai. “Take me back” he held Kai hand and they both disappeared. Lay placed his hands under Sungyeol’s shirt. “Yah! Watch where you touching” he squirmed. “Can’t you at least control him” Lay sighed. Sunggyu sighed and lowered his head staring deeply to Sungyeol’s eyes. Sungyeol body lied still and quickly Sunggyu pulled back rubbing his forehead. “He gives the worst migraine” he muttered and Lay clapped his hands. “That was so cool” and finished healing him.

“Why did you do that!” Sungyeol yelled waking up minutes later shaking his head. “He is hard to control since he is hard headed stubborn kid” Sunggyu grumbled still holding his head and quickly Sungyeol left.

‘We’re back” Kai teleported all of them back. Baekyun carried Myungsoo who was lying unconscious. The others collapsed on the floor out of breath and quickly Lay checked on them. All luckily had minor injuries. “Where’s Sungyeol?” Dongwoo asked. “He just went. He will be back” Sunggyu sighed. Just like he said Sungyeol returned back. “Geez just when I go you guys already back” he muttered making his way to Myungsoo. “How is he?” his voice soften. “He doesn’t have any physical injuries but I think he is mentally unstable right now” Lay replied trying to look through Myungsoo’s mind. “Guys. She’s coming” Luhan said. 

________________________________________________________________________________________