Lesson

Dark Memory

Author's note

This is jsut a side story I included so feel free to skip some parts.  I found this story has so many sad scenes that I needed to add a happy scene at the very least so...... enjoy! -(=^x^=)

========================================================

“Hey you’re alright?” Sunggyu squeezed my shoulders firmly. His cold hands snapped me from my trance. Quickly I pulled my thoughts back thinking of something else so Sunggyu wouldn’t read my mind. I nodded my head focusing back to my report but those images from last night still lingered in my mind. Sunggyu frowned and tried to stifle a laugh. “Go and take a rest for now. You can’t work at that state” I stared at him confusingly and he signalled the door. The others looked up from their work watching me leaving the office. “What’s up with him?” Sungyeol asked as he watched me leave. As soon as I shut the door Sunggyu started to laugh to himself. “What’s up with him?” Sungyeol asked again. “I think he’s crazy” Dongwoo whispered afterwards everyone broke into a laugh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting quietly in my room I glanced out the window thinking about things happening lately. Some many troubles and problems stirred in my mind. Not just about Lydia but with everything happening lately. It was really suffocating me I just want to get rid of it all.

Hyung” a small knock from the door. Sungjong entered closing the door as he approached Lydia. Smiling sadly he her face and walked to sit in front of me. Breathing heavily trying to get rid of the suffocation I stood up and poured a little stream of water on the floor. Sungjong crossed his legs and with a single swift with his hands the water frosted. Then breathing in, the ice cracked and crushed into little pieces. And now the final part Sungjong placed his hands over the ice and stared at the ice. After few minutes his hands started to shake. I tapped him to break his concentration but he simply ignored me. “Sungjong don’t push to-“ I stared in awe as the ice started to melt. “You did it!” I hugged him listening to his tired breath. “So can we try with something bigger?” his voice muffled against my shirt. “Another time. Your energy is drained” Sungjong pulled away standing up. “No I can do it. Hoya said you always need to put the extra 10% to the 100% effort to improve. Plus I’m getting stronger now I can feel it” Sungjong said with confidence. Knowing how stubborn he is I stood up. “Well what else do you want to try it on” Sungjong thought deeply then his eyes shone as an idea flashed into his mind. He ran to the closet pulling out a scarf, rain jacket and gloves. “You need this” he wrapped the scarf tightly around my neck. Then dragged me outside.

The others heard us leave and looked out the window watching us curiously. Sungjong squinted his eyes as he looked up to the sun. Pulling his sleeves up. He cupped his hands and showed it to me then breathing into it a small flake appeared. The snow flake lifted up and dispersed as a small grey cloud floated between us. Snow was falling down from it but it didn’t last long as the sun melted. “Since when did you know how to do this?” my voice came out as a whisper as I felt the snow. “Last night. Just a small one though but” Sungjong then lifted his hands to the sky. At first nothing happened but then clouds started to float to us and gathered together blocking the sun. Soon the whole sky was filled with clouds. I have seen this trick before. Suho showed it to me once and just like Suho did Sungjong clapped his hands and small sprinkle of rain poured down. Sungjong pulled my hood over then clicked his hands and rain poured heavily down. I held my breath as I watch Sungjong. His head was tilted up feeling the rain. The others stood at the veranda cheering Sungjong. “Want to see more?” Sungjong shouted through the rain.

Grabbing my hand he led me towards the others. “Stay here” Sungjong sang and ran back out to the rain. Pulling his hands out he curled them slowly and the rain slowed down and stopped. His hands fisted together and Sungjong smiled as a crack came from the cloud. A stone fell from the sky. A stone of ice then soon many of them started to fall. The others stared in awe. “What is this?” Sungyeol brought his hand out but quickly pulled back whimpering in pain as the ice hit his hand. Hoya managed to get one and the others looked at it in awe. “It’s called hail. Usually during the winter this often happens” I said “WHAT?.... HAIL?” Sungyeol shouted as the ice fell rapidly blocking Sungyeol’s voice. Turning back to look at Sungjong, his fist shook as he put more pressure on it. The ice hit violently on him but he ignored it. Focusing instead more on the ground. “Get him out of there!” Sunggyu yelled through the hail. Sungyeol took the first step but quickly backed away when the stones turned into more like daggers. Everyone no longer cheered but watched in horror as Sungjong loses his control. Hoya attempted to go but Sunggyu pulled him back. “You will be ripped in shreds!” Sunggyu shouted. Hoya growled and we watched helplessly.

With a final breath Sungjong brought his hands up against the hail then everything fell silently. Hoya took the first step out and flinch when something white fell on his arm. We all looked up and saw soft flakes falling softly to the ground. After a few fell making sure there was no hail I walked towards Sungjong with everyone trailing behind too distracted with the snow. “Hey you alright?” I brushed the snow off his body. Sungjong lowered his hands and snow began to fall faster covering the whole ground with snow. “Hey can you eat this?” Sungyeol yelled from behind. Sungjong’s body fell backwards into the snow all eyes turned to him. “Sungjong?” Hoya called out in concern running towards him. Sungjong lied on the snow with his arms and legs spread out. “I did it” he laughed breathlessly. Hoya sighed in relief and Dongwoo cheered. After an awkward silent just standing watching Sungjong recover I decided to lift up the mood.

I fell flat on my back beside Sungjong. Everyone shifted their gaze to me. “Myungsoo?” Sungjong sat up watching me. I grinned back and flapped my hands and legs. “Snow Angel” I shouted and Sungjong smiled back joining me. The others looked at us as if we were crazy people but after shortly Dongwoo joined in and the others followed. Confusion written over their face. Sungjong stood up after few and pulled me up. The others stood up and Sungjong pointed to the snow. “See it likes a snow angel” he explained. “Is it some kind of ritual you humans do?” Sunggyu asked. “No, it’s just something to do for fun” Sungjong laughed. Dongwoo walked a few distance away from us and lied flat on the snow making more angels and the others followed laughing at the foolishness. “Hey Sungjong” I whispered. Sungjong brought his head closer to mine. “Snow ball fight?” I whispered. “Team?” Sungjong smirked evilly. I nodded my head and we sneakily approach our blind brothers rolling in the snow.

Sungyeol scream filled the air as balls of snow fell on him. “Wah it’s hailing again” he stood up covering his head. The others stood up in alarm and covered their heads. Looking up to the grey sky. Sungjong tried to stifle a laugh as we hid in a bush. With my signal we stood up. “SNOWBALL FIGHT!” Sungjong yelled and threw one hitting Sunggyu’s head. He shook his head furiously. “How dare you hit me!” he shouted. Sungjong cowered a bit but looking at my amused face his smile returned. Aiming I threw one at his face. Perfectly it landed on him. Sunggyu frowned and his eyes darkened. “This is war!” he shouted and carry a pile of snow and threw it but it fell right in front of him. The others tried to stifle their laugh but Dongwoo couldn’t hold his in. Fury burned in Sunggyu and this time taking a small pile he threw it accidently hitting Hoya instead. Hoya turned to look at him with a dark smile. “Oh ” Sunggyu ran away and soon everyone dispersed. Coincidently everyone spilt into their team. Sungjong and Sungyeol in my team. The Yadong couple together and Woogyu couple together.   “Hey” Hoya whispered from the bush beside us. “Wanna be allies?” he asked. Sungjong laughed evilly. “Kyayayaya” Dongwoo’s laugh got louder as he ran towards us dodging the snow easily. “KAJA” Sungyeol yelled carrying his snowballs in his pouch he made with his shirt. They surrendered with Sunggyu yelping every time one hit him trying to use Woohyun s his shield. “Let’s bury them!” Sungyeol shouted and Sungjong joined in piling the snow on top of them but we shook our head. “Alright guys. That’s enough bullying the leader. Time for dinner now” Hoya said. Woohyun popped out the snow pouting. “That’s not fair why do I always have to stick with him and what’s worst I have to be bullied with him”  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh Sungjong” Hoya said and approached him brushing the snow off his head. Everyone looked at his head. “Your hair it’s white” Sungyeol touched it. Sungjong frowned and ran in the house first trying to find a mirror. The rest of us ran after him and the door slammed as Dongwoo hurriedly shutting the door to catch up with us. “It is white” Sungjong said. “I guess your transformation is complete then” “Complete what?” “Congrats you’re a full fledged vampire” Dongwoo said. Sungjong smile grew. “Really?!” Everyone nodded. “I’m so proud of you Sungjong!” Woohyun hugged him and soon we all joined. “Group hug!” Dongwoo shouted. Huge knocks from outside disturbed our moment. “Yah open this damn door” Sunggyu shouted outside. “Opps I forgot our grandpa” Dongwoo hurried down. “I heard that!” the door opened with Sunggyu’s flushed face. He bickered as he made his way towards us. “You were too slow. We didn’t see you” Woohyun whined as Sunggyu hit him on his head. “Don’t talk back” he barked. “Why am I the only one getting hit?!” he sulked. “That’s beacause you’re an easy target” Sungyeol snickered earning a hit on his head. “Yah I didn’t do anything wrong!” he stood up trying to hit Sunggyu’s head. “Yah don’t hit me that’s disrespectable” “You hit me for no reason so I have to hit you once” Sungyeol reached over and soon a little fight formed.

“You think I can help Lydia now?” Sungjong asked quietly as we watched the huge commotion of everyone hitting each other heads. “Rest now. Tomorrow we will figure it out” I pat his head silently making my way to my room.