Speical Day

Dark Memory

Date: Unknown

Day: Pup’s birthday

Weather: cold but warm

We held a small feast just Pup and me. No one was going to bother us and there was no distractions. Just us.

“Happy birthday Pup!” I hugged her from behind. “Thank you papa” Pup squealed as the candle was all set.

“Make a wish” I told her watching the candle lights dancing in her eyes.

“But I already have my wish” Pup turned around and she pointed to the pile of presents I gave her. “Well then make another one then” Pup just stood in front of the cake and her brows furrowed as she was in deep thought. “Aha I got a wish! Okay I’m ready” and she blowed the candles. “Okay now the important part where’s my card?” Pup eyes lightened up as I pull out the card. “Thank you so much papa. This will always be the best part. Your card is always written beautifully!”

“It’s because of you my little pup” I brushed her hair neatly to one side.

Pup read it out loud and later tears started to form blurring her sight. “It’s beautiful papa thank you so much” her voice came out hoarse. I smiled and pulled out another surprise. “Here” I handed her a little black book (death note! Just kidding) “Is this…it can’t be is it like your book that you always right in?” Pup widened her eyes in surprise. “Yes but yours is slightly smaller. It’s called a diary. You can write anything you want…umf” Pup pounced on me and tried her best to squeeze me tightly till I lost my breath but with those little arms it only tickled me.

 “ Now I can be just like you. Okay” she jumped off and pulled something out of her pocket. “It’s not good as yours but I made something for you” Pup said shyly and pulled out my hand. “It’s a ring made out of flowers” I held the tiny object between my fingers and slid in on my fourth finger. “You know what this could be a promise ring” I said looking at the ring.

Pup turned her head questionably. “A promise ring is where we swear an oath and the ring represent it since it never breaks and never ends....So lets make one. Hm.. okay  I promise to always be with you”

 “We promise” Pup corrected and I nodded tying our pinky together “Together forever?” I asked and Pup jumped up “Equals happiness! Oh I forgot here’s another present and your card. Happy birthday papa!” opps I forgot.  It’s also my birthday.

I looked at the little picture paper book Pup made. The cover was fabricated with silk and cardboard and in the inside each page there was sketches and a little text with each page. I read it out loud. “The story of the best vampire in the world. A vampire lived in a mansion in the human world all alone. Never once he has harmed anyone. He couldn’t drink human blood because it was full of fat. He couldn’t drink animal blood because it was full of bacteria but truthfully it was because he couldn’t hunt properly or maybe because he was a picky vampire. Everyday he would feast on sweets and food but more of an average human. He was a clumsy vampire. But that was make him different from other vampires. He had a heart and it was warm. One day maybe I can be like him too. The end” I looked at Pup after reading the book. “I made it just to remind you that you’re the good guy. And I will always look up to you” Looking at Pup smiling lifted up the darkness inside of me. For a moment all the past disappeared and replaced with Pup beautiful smile. She was the best daughter anyone could have. Thank you for letting me meeting her whoever you are who gave birth to this child.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spent the whole day just eating and playing in the garden. I had a lot of work to do. Letters request from the council and meetings update but today is different. It’s just me and Pup that’s all. As night quickly fell, straight to bed we went but something was odd. As we head to bed Pup was lagging behind. “Pup?” I called out to her. Pup was clutching on her chest tightly. “Papa. It hurts again”

“Did you take your med?” I quickly grab hold of her. She nodded. “I don’t think it’s….. working. The doctor said it… might… not work as I grow up. “No you’re going to be fine. Let’s keep going” I pulled her quickly hoping the pain would go if she moved moreSadly Pup grew up with a heart problem since she was young. It was probably because she left in the snow when she was a child which gave her a weak heart or more likely a frozen heart. 

 “Papa” Pup said weakly as she kneeled on the floor clutching more tightly. “Hold on Pup. Don’t go to sleep. Don’t you dare close your eyes!” I picked her up my heart was panicking. As I place her on the bed her eyes were closed and her body lay still, she was still breathing but her pulse I can feel was getting weaker. “What do I do?” I whispered to Pup. I can pray but God doesn’t exist. There’s only one option. Risky but this was the only way. I stood up and pulled out a knife. My rational thoughts were gone. I was desperate. “I’m sorry Pup”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________