Explanation

Dark Memory

Ever since left in the cold, her heart has become weak and worsens during the winter. When she was a little, she had to be in heat everyday but as she grew she became stronger but today she just collapsed with no explanation.

Yes, I know what I’m doing is sickening but Pup’s life is on the line. She’s not leaving me that easily. We promised.

 “I’m sorry Pup forgive me” I pulled out the knife and without hesitating I draw it to my wrist. Pushing the blade in I saw blood flowing out and deeper I went to get more blood. I need to get her to drink this blood but how. My arm was bleeding. I tried prying open and let the droplets of blood fall but it was a slow pace. I have to do something quick.

I looked at my arm again and on it. Filling my mouth with my own blood I pressed my lips hard to Pup’s mouth allowing the blood to flow into hers. She was swallowing it and soon I could hear her heart thumping lively again.

Soon after listening to her pulse coming back, I sat and wait and prayed that Pup will survive. She’s still in death hands but when she wakes up that’s when I know death cannot reach her and has to wait until I die for death to reclaim her.

You see my blood being a vampire is different compared to humans. Sure human blood means I have the same blood flowing in me but this blood is converted to a different blood. This blood enables my senses of sight, sound high but eliminates the ability to smell and taste like humans. That is why we are called supernatural. Different and specialised in something humans take for granted. This blood can heal me quickly but transferring blood from a vampire to a human can be highly toxic to a human. It could either kill a human or heal them. Chances of survival are low since there has never been a case a vampire would offer his blood to a human. Humans can’t be vampires unless special class of vampires who have toxins in them can convert humans. But no one has tried for when a human is a vampire they go crazy and lose control due to the lust of blood. These creatures in my world are not classified as vampires they are more vile, inhumane and are disgrace to my species. 

Waiting for her to wake up felt like forever. Her heart was beating fast and rapid, more rapid than her slow ticking one. Is the blood too strong for her? I nervously rested my head on her chest listening to the quick beats.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows rattling as the night went on. It waked me from my slumber. Lifting myself from the bed I found my head still resting on her chest. Sitting up I looked at her face. There was a bit of colour to her skin and her blood was little warmer than before. The blood is taking its effect and she her health seemed to improve more than her usual self. I her head softly I found myself tracing her face. There were nights where I would stare at her face studying every detail from every freckle to studying the contours of her face. Tracing her jawline I could see her cheeks were getting thinner and slowly I traced down her nose and her nose wrinkled up at my touch and she sneezed waking up.

“Papa?” Pup rubbed her eyes. I took her in my hold and hugged her. “You’re alright?” I whispered. Pup pulled away from my grasp. “I feel better but…I feel much more stronger inside. I can feel it” then Pup started to her lips taking in the taste. She started to frown as the strange taste on her lips and looked at my face

“Papa? What did you give me?” I looked at Pup and I couldn’t lie to her. Staying with her too long she was able to see through my barrier. I was no longer L in front of her. “You know Papa would do anything to keep you alive right?...Well I gave you some of my blood”

Pup eyes grew bigger her sapphire eyes dilated becoming lighter. She then pounced on me. “Papa are you alright?” She looked frantically around me looking for any sign of cuts then she found my wrist. “You shouldn’t do that papa. If you died how am I supposed to live?” she pouted I softly chuckled. “If you died how am I supposed to live?” I questioned her back. Both of us can’t live without each other but if I died, I think Pup can survive she’s s strong girl.

“Don’t you feel disgusted?” I asked her. “What? about the blood? Of course not. You said blood is the most precious thing like candy…. Hey Papa am I vampire now?” Pup jumped off the bed and looked in the mirror to see if she had any fang.

“No, you can’t be a vampire that easy” I laughed watching her frown in disappointment.  “I can be one when I grow up?”

 “It’s a bit complicated Pup”  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________