New World

Dark Memory

I took the metal necklace off, tracing the details of the dragon to distract my sleepless boredom and soon I felt the bed being lighter as Sungjong's weight was lifted from the bed waking me from my thoughts. Soon I heard a groan and found him on the floor with Myungsoo standing above him. "Get out" Myungsoo demanded. 

 

Quickly I crawled out the bed and helped Sungjong up glaring at Muungsoo. His eyes started to cloud with black but Sungjong seemed to not notice and shouted back at him. "What the hell is your problem?!"

"I said get out" Myungsoo menacingly said and I ushered Sungjong and he quickly left the room. Once the door closed Myungsoo walked to the closet and pulled my clothes out. "Lydia get your stuff we are leaving" he said quickly as he shoved them in a bag. I looked at him with confusion. "But why?" I asked not moving. "Just do what I tell you" he snapped but I stayed unmoved. He was acting really weird now. 

 

__________________________________________

 

After he finished packing he turned to find me still standing unmoving. "Do you trust me?" He asked with a softer voice and the moon shone on his eyes. Soft brown eyes looked at me with sincerity. This was Myungsoo talking but guess what I hesitated. 

 

__________________________________________

"First tell me why" I still wanted answers even though this was Myungsoo. He sighed and dropped the bags sitting on the bed, his eyes looking at the ground. "Sunggyu no I mean I, killed someone today. A crazy dwarf which will spark rebellion from the non magical creatures. War might break out I don't know. Remember Sunggyu told you about the human machines. Well the dwarves are creating and trying to take over this world with these machines and they mimic Dongwoo's powers except.." myungsoo shook his head. "Anyways you are not safe here you need to be in a place where you can be safe" 

 

I sat beside Myungsoo touched how he was still like an overprotective parent. Placing my hand on his clenched fists.

 

"I want to be here to support infinite and exo no matter what. Besides This place is safe enough don't-" Myungsoo cut me off holding my shoulders turnibg me to face him. "No you are not. Do you know how many times I believe that" His eyes began to glisten as tears tried to escape. "Yet I witness you at death's hand many times yet I couldn't do anything but watch someone I love. Someone so precious I worked hard to protect fight on their own for their life. all I can do is watch and wait no matter how strong I am I can't save you" Myungsoo mouth trembled and he pulled me to him resting his head on my shoulder. His body shook as new set of tears escape. I felt bad for not understanding him this whole time. His suffering and pain expressions he showed it yet I did not noticed it at all what a horrible person I am. "I'm sorry Myungsoo. I will go with you I'm so sorry" I repeated over and over again. 

 

__________________________________________

 

Holding his hand, I turned and looked at the mansion I have grown to love one last time and hope to come back soon and pray for their safety. "Lets go" he whispered and I gave my silent farewell and quickly we disappeared into the darkness with Myungsoo guiding me blindly. 

 

__________________________________________

 

After what seems like days or it could just be a few hours of walking in complete darkness never lettting go of his hand I heard him sighed in relief as we saw a little light ahead and with one last step we were consumed with light. "Welcome to my world" 

 

====================================