Healing

Dark Memory

Lydia was in trouble again. And again I couldn’t protect her from it. And again all I can do was watch her.

 I’m sick of this.

Why can’t things go right for us? Probably because a vampire and a human weren’t to be together. Should we part ways for good?....But who will look after you?  No I kept my promise but how can I keep it if the world denies it. I would go against the world for us to be together so bear with me and please wake up.

I sat beside her watching her lifeless body sleeping. Day by day she would turn colder. Her hair changed colour this time each strand turning white. Her heart no longer beat but she was living. Just sleeping in a cold slumber. She’s not dead I kept saying to myself. Her life froze so it will only take time for it to melt.

“Hey you okay?” my life supporter knocked lightly on the door. “I’m just tired” I sighed. Sungyeol made his way sitting beside me. He rested his hand on my back patting it as to comfort me. “Sungyeol, I’m tired of this” I said grabbing my hair in frustration. “Sh….in time she will be alright. Remember all the problems happened lately. She survived but it took time for her. Time will heal things” Sungyeol said softly.  I rested my head on his shoulder hoping he was right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol forced me to leave the room so I could take a break but I didn’t need one. With nothing to do, I headed to his room.

Cold the room felt. Everything was dark inside only a small light from the moonlight shone through reflecting the ice. “Myungsoo?” a soft voice called out. I coldly stared at Sungjong who was lying beneath the window looking at me. I made my way to a corner and sat watching him silently. “I can’t do it” Sungjong hit his head back on the wall. Shards of ice formed on the floor. “You need to control” I hissed. Sungjong shook his head weakly. “I can’t because there’s a monster inside of me” he groaned. “What monster?”

“There something…deep dark inside of me…it talks to me and it can control me” I raised my eyebrows. “Sometimes it takes over my body whenever it wants. I swear I didn’t mean to hurt her. It was him” I looked at Sungjong. Pale skin, diluted eyes and ice power surely he was a vampire with a mind like mine. Split personality you can say.

“Myungsoo?” Sunggyu voice came from the door. I quickly left the room making sure to lock it. “Kris has just reported recent activities of the vampire hunters” Sunggyu pulled out a small vial. “They are making serums which Sungjong I think was injected with. Vampire serum. They want to create a new race with supernatural powers. Sungjong was their experiment and look how it turned out”

“So what do we do with him?”

“We will train him. Right now he is in his normal state but we need to train him to control his powers. If we can, he can unfreeze her” Sunggyu tilted the vial staring at the serum. “While I just do some research on this” he placed it in his pocket and left to his office. Short muffles can be heard inside the room and I went in to see Sungjong’s head buried between his knees. “Might as well kill me now” he mumbled. “I would but Lydia is on the line” I frowned and Sungjong looked at me with pleading eyes. “But I can’t” “Yes you can. You will be starting lessons starting now” I glared at his lifeless body and immediately his body stood up glazing at me with those cold eyes. “First thing you need to know Sungjong. That monster inside of you is you. That’s the first thing you need to learn and accept” Sungjong eyes turned back to those gentle brown looking back at me in horror. I closed the door quickly shutting my eyes tightly trying to erase the image of Sungjong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the past few weeks each of one us took turn to teach Sungjong. Majority of the time it was always Hoya since he knew more about controlling powers than all of us. After his physical training he would be in Sunggyu’s room doing who knows what Sunggyu was doing probably using Sungjong as a guinea pig for his research. I on the other hand spent time with him everywhere he went. He had some mental issue which I needed to be his doctor. Yeah sure leave the crazy person helping another crazy person. There were times when Sungjong would attack us out of the blue but he was still conscious it’s just that his powers weren’t easy to hold back and would shoot shards. He was improving better than we hoped and Sungjong returned to his old self but a bit better since he was more now physically strong making him less feminie and more tolerable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol placed his hands in his pocket as he eased his way through the door. All eyes turned to the window sensing a presence. “Yo” Chanyeol lazily waved his hand slowly making his way to the stairs. Hoya stood outside the room as he sensed a presence coming towards the room then he returned with Chanyeol by his side. “I heard you need help so I came” Chanyeol smiled confidently pulling out his hands he cracked his knuckles. “Now where is the sleeping beauty?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------