Curiousity

Dark Memory

Date: Unknown

Day:

Weather: darker, cold

Three days since I wrote, three days she slept and nothing changed. She’s still lying in bed sleeping but she never woke up. Sitting here for three days, writing some work, reading, breathing, sleeping nothing has changed. I wander if she’s dead. Her heart was faint but still beating. She’s not cold anymore but her blood still runs cold. Her skin goes cold when the fire dies out so the room had to be heated up 24/7. I think I’m the one suffering now. There nothing else I can do I’ll just have to wait but for how long?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching her chest rise and fall to her faint breathing. It really looked like she was dead. Pale skin and cracked lips. Don’t know why but I’m slightly concerned. What if she did die? What do I do? I shook her a bit calling her awake in a soft voice.

No movement.

Growing impatient I pulled her body up so that she was sitting and tried to stand her up. Her body was limp and just collapsed to the floor. Pulling her from the ground I tried standing her up again. She looked like a puppet being pulled with forceful strings. Giving up I flopped her on the bed. The force her body fell on the bed rebound and suddenly her eyes shot open.

Lying there she lifted her hand and stared at it then turned her head to face me. Her sapphire eyes stared right through me and I stared back at them trying to see through hers. Both of us were not moving and both we were waiting for someone to speak up. She sat up and titled her head signalling me to say something. Stumbling on what to say I walked towards her and kneeled down to study her face. Never had I been this close to someone before but curiosity took over me.

She looks similar to me but her face was softer and round whereas mine was more refined and sharp.

The staring competition started again and she was really good at being still. Giving in, I gave her a little nod and whispered

 “Who are you?”

 No reply she just sat there staring at me.

 “Okay, could you just tell me where you’re from?”

 No reply again. Could she speak?

 Assuming she couldn’t speak I stood up and sat on a chair. “Well since you can’t speak. I’ll introduce myself. I’m L that’s all you need to know. Do you understand?” Her gaze moved away from me and she looked around the room suddenly her stomach growled. Looking down at her tummy I realised she hasn’t eaten yet. “Ah you have eaten yet? Uh well um..I don’t have any food…ah well wait here I’ll go get some okay?”

 I paced around trying to find anything for her to eat obviously there was nothing. Running out of the room I grabbed my coat and dashed down to the city. “Food, food…what does children eat?” I frantically searched around the city for any food store that was open.

 

Returning home with bags full of food I quickly ran into my room and she was still sitting there like a puppy waiting for his master. “I got food. What do you want?” I pulled out all the food I bought and lay them on the table.

Getting no reply I took all the food and placed it on the bed. She just stared at the food. Grumbling to her incapability I took the sandwich and hand fed her. Well at least she could eat. After feeding her three sandwiches I took out some candy. Kids like candy right? And popped one into . She started to move it around and her eyes brighten up at the sweet taste.

“You like it?” and she nodded.

Finally some communication.

“Here there’s more” I gave her and she happily grabbed them. And stuffed it into .

 “Ah wait you need to take the packet out first” I held my hands out and she spat it out. Guess she’s really young than she looks. She looked like 5 I think but her intelligence was like a baby. I ripped the saliva covered packet and placed in her hand and watched her stuffed it in .

After feeding her 3 sandwiches, a whole bag of gummies, two apples and two packets of biscuits. Now feeding her some canned pasta I wondered how much does human eat?

 “Are you full yet?” I asked as I placed another spoon into . Her face looked a bit upset like she was tired of eating so I stopped feeding her. Cleaning up the mess I went out the room to wash my hands.

Soft footsteps trailed behind me. She was following me. “Hey I’m going to wash up so you can go back and….” I looked down at her. Her huge eyes staring back and my gaze turned to her dress. The dress was so tattered that I could see parts of her body well majority of her body were exposed. Why didn’t I notice that before? Automatically my hands went up to my eyes

Uh your clothes are showing a bit…too much” I mumbled on my words. Wait a minute she’s a kid not a women. Get yourself back together!

I returned her back to the room and placed her under the blankets. “Stay here” I said firmly and ran out of the room. Grabbing my coat and dashed out of the house again to the city. “Clothes, clothes….what size is she?” I mumbled and bumped into people as I looked around for a clothes store.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note

Strangely thought of Sulley and Boo from Monster Inc when writing this.....

Not sure if any child can survive 3 days without food or could even eat that much food (apart from my brother).... But like I said this is fictional so it is possible. 

What do you think of L? He is not human btw. then what is he...hm....(might be a bit obvious already lol)

Okay enough of my rambling. Any questions? Please do comment and subscribe for more.

-Saranghae (=^x^=)