Change

Dark Memory

“Yah Sungjong!” Myungsoo slammed the door open. His body froze as he saw Lydia. She was sitting upright, with her pale blue eyes wide open staring at the wall in front of her. Sungjong kneeled beside the bed out of breath. “I did it” Sungjong huffed. Later footsteps entered the scene to see the commotion. “Lydia!” Dongwoo ran first towards her giving her a big hug and everyone else followed but Lydia did not give any reaction. “Lydia?” Sunggyu waved his hand in front of her and after a few seconds, she quickly snapped her head scanning the room. 

 

“Sungjong?”  her voice came of rasp as she hasn’t spoken for a long time. Myungsoo cupped her face with his hands  trying to get eye contact but her eyes wandered around the room. None of the faces in front of her did she see him. “He was sitting there before” Myungsoo answered her in a concerned voice. 

 

Lydia shoved Myungsoo back and due to the sudden force he toppled on Sunggyu. Lydia quickly hopped out of the bed stumbling with her still stiff feet and quickly she dashed out of the room leaning on the wall for support, looking for him. In a distant she see Hoya shouting down the corridor and fasten her pace to see what was happening. 

 

As everyone dashed towards the commotion they found Hoya was hugging Sungjong who was crying in tears and Lydia was sitting on the ground shaking. “It’s okay. Sungjong will be staying with me tonight. He just needs to calm down” Hoya said and lead Sungjong in his room. Myungsoo and Sunggyu gently pull Lydia up and saw what she was holding in her hands. The rest looked in shock. It was a knife and Sungyeol quickly took it away from her. “He tried to kill himself” her voice shook and Myungsoo pulled her to his chest, rubbing her back.   

 

 

The next morning, Lydia sat and listened to what she missed. Myungsoo was worried it might shock her if they tell her everything that happened but she was stubborn. Sunggyu first handed her a necklace which was in a shape of a dragon. "This is Kris's necklace" Lydia held it studying at the features. "He said you always wanted one so he gave you his" Sunggyu said while fidgeting with his fingers. He nervously waited for her to ask the question he hated to answer. "But why?"

 

“So they’re gone forever” Lydia’s voice shook. Sunggyu nodded silently handing her the letters Kris and the rest left for her and she quickly folded them into her pocket. “Ah I guess that’s why I kept hearing his voice in my dream. It was a farewell” Lydia smiled sadly but no tears escaped from her eyes. “It’s alright. You can cry” Sunggyu patted her back but she shook her head. “I can’t because I cried them all out already” 

 

 

Sungjong locked himself in Hoya and Dongwoo’s room. The only one he allowed to enter was either Hoya or Dongwoo but everyone else he refused to speak or even look. Lydia wasn’t doing any better with Sungjong keeping a distance from her. She would often smiled but I knew she needed someone to comfort her but I couldn’t do that she needed Sungjong. Her best friend. He was the one where she told all her secret to and the only one who is like her. I was just her parent figure. But Sungjong was afraid. Afraid to face her. 

 

“Lydia, do you want to go outside for some air?” Lydia shook her head. She was still uncomfortable by the fact that she could never return back to the human world or meet any humans now. Of course I don’t wish for her to stay here in fact I regret the fact I couldn’t bring her to Kris no matter how dangerous it was over there, here there was still danger lurking every corner.

 

 

Hoya kept me updated on Lydia during the days. What she was eating, what she was watching, what she was doing and it hurts me to see her still depress. Everyone kept bugging me telling me that she needs me but really I’m not that important. Just give her time and she will realise it soon. 

 

But things didn’t go the way I wanted, she was still the same I guess we both really need to talk. 

 

 

“Hi Lydia” Sungjong gave a small smile to me. Myungsoo left the room for us to talk but I know he was probably standing by the door. Once the door was closed I quickly ran in to his arms. “Lydia you shouldn’t-“ 

 

“Shut up! I miss you” I hugged him tightly. Sungjong sighed in defeat and gently hugged me back. “How are you?” he asked. “Bored. Myungsoo sticked to me 24/7 finally he’s gone” I laughed trying to brighten the mood and Sungjong smiled nodding his head. “So you don’t call him papa anymore?” “No, I’m quite old now I think it’s embarrassing to call him that besides he’s not my father” Sungjong nodded. 

 

I stared at his face. Nothing seem to change much from his physical appearance but he seemed more distance than he usually was.. “I want the old Sungjong back” I mumbled and I could see his eyes soften a bit. “Look Lydia-“ 

 

“I know what you are. I’m also one as well  just a different type but we both are still humans. And don’t’ go on about protecting me from you. I’m already being watched by Myungsoo I don’t need any more protection” Sungjong thought carefully of what I said. “Okay, then. I’m sorry for avoiding you. Let’s be friends again” Sungjong smiled. Finally his famous smile is back.

 

 

Every day I spent my days with Sungjong and slowly he was becoming his real self. Which was a good sign but strangely when things go well something else is going bad. And this bad thing is Myungsoo. After Sungjong returned to his old self Myungsoo started to act strangely. He would sometimes stare with a blank face and not respond for long minutes. Sunggyu said it was because he was talking to L but at times he would rub his forehead and watch me with those sad eyes then the next minute it would flicker with anger in them. We were all afraid that his odd phases are coming back. We were afraid L would appear. And I couldn’t distinguish between the two they both looked sad and in pain. But what pain is there that he needs to suffer?

 

 

“Lydia want to visit EXO?” Sungjong was jumping excitedly. Myungsoo as always came with us. 

 

“Lydia finally you came. We were so worried” Baekhyun hugged me then hugged Sungjong but when he saw Myungsoo he just nodded his head. “Come in everyone is waiting” but as they entered the living room, it was empty. “Yah you guys. Lydia’s here!” Baekhyun shouted. Loud thumps can be heard upstairs. It reminded me of EXO M when I first came here. 

 

“Lydia!” Chanyeol hugged me tightly squeezing my air out. Myungsoo quickly pulled him away. “Don’t kill her” he had his serious voice on. “I wasn’t killing her” Chanyeol brought his hand up defensively and the mood darkened. “So how are you?” I broke the silence. 

 

It felt years since I last seen them but they were still the same but it was obvious they were quite lonely without their brothers. Their laugh and how they talked and their dorky personality had a hint of sadness and it looked forced but I can’t really tell them that. This was a way for them to move on so I hope things will get better. And Myungsoo still acted weird. When D.O took me to the kitchen Myungsoo insisted to follow us. And made sure that D.O and I stood 5 metres apart. And he also forced us to leave early because apparently the night is dangerous. I understand that with creatures lurking but seriously he made sure I stood between him and Sungjong.  He was acting like an overprotecting parent like back then. Surely I should have some freedom. 

 

 

“Myungsoo, Lydia is fine” Sunggyu assured him when he called Myungsoo to his room leaving Lydia alone with Sungjong in his room. “We need to talk about your behaviour. I understand if you’re still her father and all but you need to stop watching her like a stalker” Myungsoo sat nervously looking at the window to busy with his thoughts. 

 

 

“Plus there’s seven guys in this house. All pro trained and skilled to look after her” 

“What about Sungjong?” Myungsoo mumbled and Sunggyu tilted his head watching Myungsoo intently. He was confused if he was talking to Myungsoo or L they were hard to tell these days. Myungsoo was sad but so was L. L did appear at times but usually L would be silent and had a dark face but now they both acted the same he couldn’t differentiate them. 

 

Authors note

omg it's almost a year since I last updated MIANHEEE! You can unsubscribe since I have been a very bad writer I understand but if not, I finished school and dont start uni until march so I got more time so hope to see updates every week hopefully if my brain stops being lazy.. Thanks for reading and waiting so long. Saranghae ~(=^x^=)