Stranger

Dark Memory

Papa has been very quiet lately. He no longer left the house but he was always locked in his room. After the fight he had with Sunggyu, Papa lost. Yes I heard it all but I don’t think Papa know I did since he still smile time to time and still treated me the same but I know Papa is going to leave soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know Papa is stressed over but I hated it how he restrict himself around me. It felt like we were strangers.

I left the house more occasionally and stayed with Sungjong more. We weren’t a couple yet since I was still confused with things around Papa so Sungjong waited. We would often take strolls in the park and I would work with him in the gallery. The staff there were all nice and I made more friends thanks to Sungjong. Sometimes I wonder, if Papa leave would I really be okay?

=======================================================================

Pup has left the house during the day and return home at late nights. She would cook food for me before she left but they felt cold. Everything felt cold. The fireplace was never warm since Pup was out all day. Everything is going back to cold and I seemed to hate cold now.

I glanced out the window and watch over her. I watched how she would smile brighter with others and how that Sungjong would always secretly stare at her. I don’t think she will be sad if I was to go. Sunggyu was right. I no longer need to be here. My job was done. All of my work and things were sent back home and leaving was heart breaking for me but I had to go back. Elections are coming close and Infinite need me and L needs to be out.

Even though I hate him I also liked him because he also there when I was weak. He would come out when I couldn’t handle things. And he held back for a long time even though there was time where he would come out, he still restricted himself. I need to repay him.

I think I am going to pay a visit to town one last time I told L.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scratch that I decided to stalk Pup instead. I watch in disgust as that Sungjong wrapped his little arm around her and his little secret pecks he would give her. She would blush in return and the two would break into laughter but soon after she sensed my presence and her body started to tense up from my but I quickly disappeared and watched her from the forest but soon after Infinite was calling me. Looking one last glance at her. I imprinted her into my mind. Farewell dear Lydia.

=================================================================

Soon after the work shift finished, I quickly ran home to check on papa. I knew he was in the gallery and I was worried about Papa sudden disappearance when I found him. “Papa?” my voice echoed through the whole house but no reply. He must of  left off to work again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four nights later I had a dream. The same dream I had many years ago. It was coming back to haunt me again and the light scars started to appear on my arm. What was worse that the people in my dream I knew some of them. Could this dream be the future events? I hope not. Then sleep took hold of me again but this time it was papa. The promise he made when I was a child. “We will always be together” his voice rung in my mind but in my dream I saw him leaving long gone.

Rustle.

That one noise pulled me out of my sleep.

 Someone entered the woods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quickly I decided to look where the sound was coming from. It was slow heavy footsteps and the sound lead me to him. “Sungjong?”

“Oh hello. What are you doing out here?” Sungjong asked brushing of his sweat from his forehead.

 “What are you doing here?”

“Well I was worried about you. I haven’t seen you for almost a week so…. I wanted to stop by” he mumbled timidly looking down. He knew I didn’t want him to come over but I guess curiosity took over him.  

“Do you even know where I live?” he shook his head. “Come on let’s go to your house” I dragged him back. “Could we go to yours?” he timidly asked again. “Sungjong…you know” “Yes I know. It’s just I want to see it” Ignoring him we walked back to his house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After spending three nights with him assuring him I was alright I returned to the mansion. The door was left open but I swore I locked it. Curiously I looked around the whole house. Everything was still the same and there was still no sign of papa but in papa’s room. Drawers were open and my room was in a huge mess. Someone was here.

Was it papa? Or….L?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I decided to work with Sungjong trying to get the fears from last night out of my head. It was crowded and customers flew in all of a sudden for Christmas. “Lydia, you go and take care of the gentlemen over there” he pointed as he hurriedly served his client. Looking at the man he was stood out from the crowd. Tall and lean figure, blonde hair and very defined eyebrows. He was staring right at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m looking for a picture of dogs” he said slowly in thought and I quickly guided him to paintings. His shadow overshadowed me due to his tall figure. As we approached one of the paintings he was staring at me instead of the picture. “Um sir? Do you like any of these?” I pointed out. His eyes followed my fingers then he nodded. “I’ll take all of them” he calmly said. “What? All?” he simply nodded and looked at me. “Oh right away sir. I will get the papers” I hurriedly walked to the storage room and halted suddenly when I felt his shadow following causing him to bump behind me. “Um sir. Please wait over there” I guided him to the waiting room but those eyes never left me. Weird much?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The money process went smoothly and the man looked at me. “I’m Kris by the way” he shook my hand after the payment was done. “Pleasure of meeting you….Kris. Have a nice day and please come again” I bowed. “I’ll come again soon” he winked and lifted all the canvas with his arms and walked out. Kris, weird but scary I noted myself.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Author's note

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Finally exo is coming in. Sorry I made Kris some weird guy.  I'm not a huge fan of exo to know them well but I'll try to fit their personalities in. Please bear with me. Thanks for reading!!

-Saranghae (=^x^=)