Burning Cold

Dark Memory

Everyone left the room to give Chanyeol space but I decided to stay in case something goes wrong. Before doing anything Chanyeol pulled off his furry hat, gloves and the huge coat he was wearing. “I don’t like the cold” he chuckled. Rubbing his hands together he gently placed his hands on Lydia’s head flinching a bit at the coldness. Slowly his hands roam down towards her neck. His hands stopped before they moved further. He raised his head to me asking for permission and I nodded my head. Then moved his hands lower up to her legs. Then bringing his hands up to where her heart is. “Its colder here. So the source is here. Her blood has completely frozen and ice crystals are starting to form around the heart” Chanyeol reported. Breathing deeply Chanyeol placed his other hand on top and pressed them on her chest.

After 30 mins sweat started to drip down from Chanyeol. The room turned into a sauna that I had to leave the room before I passed out. Chanyeol growled pushing more into her. “Give them another hour” Sunggyu said and returning to his room but some of us sat outside the door waiting.

=====================================================

After few minutes later Chanyeol started to see smoke coming out of his hands.  He was exhausted so he wasn’t sending her heat but burning her instead as he grew impatient. The ice around her heart was fighting against him. Every time he sent a heat wave ice crystals formed a barrier stopping him reaching her.  Immediately he pulled back to see a black mark on her chest leaving an imprint of Chanyeol on it. He quickly placed a blanket on top of her and pulled all the heat into him giving him some energy back. Lydia was still ice cold. Pulling his hair back Chanyeol put his hand over again but was not able to send heat through as her chest felt like a stone. The ice guarded her heart so he couldn’t pass through it unless he actually burned her body. Sitting down to get some energy back he didn’t want to give up yet. Then another idea passed his mind.

Opening the door he requested a cup of blood and before he blinked Myungsoo stood there with a cup. Thanking and quickly closing the door he drank it in one shot easing his thirst as he brought his mouth towards her face. Taking a deep breath he opened and securely placed his on hers breathing out. A gush of hot air ran down to her lungs and the air returned back with chill air. He kept doing it until his mind was dizzy but after a while her breath returned with some warmth giving Chanyeol some hope. Once her felt her breath returning warm he knew her lungs were no longer frozen. He relaxed a bit as he made some progress.

Pulling out his arm he placed it above her arm. He winced a bit as he bit through it. Two red beads came out and slowly a small trail flowed below his arm into . He only gave her a small amount afraid it would kill her. After making sure she swallowed it, he felt some heat flowing through her body and his exhausted body groaned as he shares his heat into her body absorbing all the cold. Then a little thump echoed throughout the room and outside. The others ran in as they heard it. “She’s breathing a bit” Sungyeol shouted. Chanyeol huffed leaning against the wall. Sliding down as his body shut down. “He’s cold” Dongwoo felt his body and the others ran to get something warm for him. “Just get me a nice cup of hot blood” Chanyeol smiled weakly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we sat watching her chest and rise painfully slow. I sat beside Chanyeol making sure he was getting some heat back into his body. “Is she going to wake up?” Sungyeol asked. Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders then he stood up running to the bed. “Watch” Chanyeol pulled me closer to Lydia. We held our breaths as we watch for something to happen then we heard it. Her heart thumped fast, then really fast as if it was running miles. “Did you give her your blood?” Hoya hissed. Chanyeol bit his lips. “It was the only thing that I had to do. Either this or she would die” Chanyeol looked at me but I gave him a reassuring smile. Sunggyu watched calmly as well as the others went into panic mode. “Do you know the risk?!” “Are you crazy?” shouts was thrown across the room.

“Wait” Sunggyu commanded with his authoritative voice and everyone silenced. Chanyeol placed his head on her chest to make sure he wasn’t hearing it wrong. “It’s beating normal” the others looked in awe as her body returned to a steady state. “She’s going to be alright” Sunggyu squeezed my shoulder. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Months passed by. In the human world things were going chaotic. Kris’s team invaded many of their secret underground bases. Destroying them and stole their research, papers everything. Wiping out evidence of our existence so that the rest of the world won’t find out. The hunters declared war between humans and supernatural this time not with vampire humans since Kris has eliminated them all except for Sungjong of course. This time using machinery they have created which according to Kris could actually kill us all after witnessing a fatal blow his team faced and poor Lay it took him 3 weeks just to heal one along with a team of healers. Sunggyu finalised and declared the two worlds to be officially sealed so that humans can’t find this place but the only problem is how they are going to do it.

Lydia on the other hand, has not woken up. Chanyeols’ huge effort only kept her body alive but her brain was still frozen. Sungjong trained hard to use his powers and hopefully find a way to undo his powers. He was able to control his powers so he was allowed to roam freely in the mansion. He was declared an official member in Infinite. His name was registered under the Lee family since Hoya’s family had a brother we faked Sungjong’s id for Hoya’s brother and so Dongwoo’s room became his own room while Lydia stayed in my room.

“Hyung” Sungjong called out under his blankets. I turned my head to see his grey eyes looking at me. They were no longer brown which was a sign he was no longer human but a full fledge vampire. “Bad dream?” and Sungjong nodded his head. I approached his bed and he moved to make room for me to sit. Strangely both of us became closer. “He feels really bad for her” he sighed. “Don’t listen to it” I replied. I guess it was because we were similar that we were close. “Sungjong head hurts real bad because of him” “Well first you need to learn to ignore it” I recite the words Sunggyu told me when he found out about my condition. Sungjong nodded and cautiously he pulled out his hand touching mine and that was when I felt it.

The cold, chill ran thorugh my arm to my whole body. My mind thobbed in pain as something hit it real hard. Pulling my hand away from his Sungjong's body relaxed as he slept. I ran towards the mirror to see anything wrong but nothing and then it finally I found it. Black eyes staring back at me. He was back. I'm back. I remember it all now. Voices filled my head. His voice and others. He was sharing those horrid memories that I slept thorugh. He shared those memories of the last images of Sungjong as a human. He did not miss any detail and every scene he showed my stomach twisted and those dark times suffocated me as I watched. His screams, anguish cries and howls filled my ears. I begged him to stop but he couldn't because he was a part of me and we both share the same pain.

After showing it all he became quiet. "I hate humans" his voice trembled. "I hate them too" I hissed.  His mouth formed a thin line as he tried to keep calm. "Don't cry" I said. He shook his head. "I have no tears left. I can't cry anymore" he whispered sadly and his image disappeared leaving the mirror with my distraught face. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter sounds so bad but I wanted to update asap anyways  hope you found it interesting.

Please leave some comments about it so far. I need to know if my writings is gone worse cause it really feels like it. Oh well

Thanks for reading the next update would probably come around next week 

-Saranghae (=^x^=)