Lessons

Dark Memory

Date: unknown

Day: 8 days since pup was here

Weather: slightly warmer today

Pup that was my nickname to her and she seemed to respond to it. Not to be mean but the way she act was like a puppy. She really resembled a pet to me. It has been over week she stayed here and still I didn’t know what to do with her. We spend most days in my office. I was doing my work while she was watching sometimes she would stroll around the room and pick up books and look at the pictures. I taught her basic skills which she picked up quickly and strangely she somehow understood some words I say to her. Maybe it is beacause of the time she spent here we learnt more about each other.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, today I’m going to teach you something new” Pup looked up and listened carefully. “Repeat after me”. “My….” No reply. “My….name…is….Pup” I said it slowly. Pup tilted her head and I repeated it again. “Pup” she softly whispered. “Yes we’re getting there” I smiled and her face brighten up and she repeated it again. “Pup!, Pup!” and giggled. “I’m L” I said pointing towards me. After a long thought Pup pointed to me. “You’re Pup!” she shouted and I chuckled and shook my head. “I'm L, L, L, L…”

 “L, L, L, L, L, L, L” she repeated rolling her tongue up and nodding her head and I smiled remembering the time when Sunggyu was yelling my name exactly like that.  I patted her head and she seemed to like it. I think I am getting attached to this pup. “You know I think you should stay. My little pet” I softly kissed her head breathing in her scent. “You can stay as long as you want. I’ll take care of you” my warm side said.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________