Revealed

Dark Memory

 

I fell asleep with dark images in my dreams. Full of shadows and chaotic jumbled in my dream. There were shouts and scream but they turned into muffles. My heart paced as I try to get out of this dream but it was not letting me wake up torturing me more. I covered my ears trying to cover the noise and shut my eyes firmly but hands clawed my hands away and chained me against something cold and I watched in horror the twisted images of faces I never seen. Flames engulfed me and it was burning me and the cold wall I was lying against cooled me down but the heat and cold filled me making me numb.

I woke up panting. Sweat rolled down my face and I turned to see Sungjong lying beside me. I hugged his body for comfort but his cold body reminded of the dream and I left the room heading towards Hoya’s room but then I remembered Myungsoo’s words earlier and headed towards his room instead.

“Lydia?” Sungyeol yawned as he opened the door. He pulled me in and closed the door quickly to return to his bed to sleep and there Myungsoo sat on the bed looking at me as if he was expecting me to come. “Nightmare?” he smiled. It was dark but the moon brighten his smile. I walked towards him and he pulled me into his grasp. “It’s alright. I’m here for you” he cooed. The cold sweeping from his body comforted me strangely and soon he fell asleep with me in his hold but I couldn’t sleep. After that nightmare I was too afraid to sleep again.

========================================================================

Sungyeol’s pov

Lately Lydia had dark circles under her eyes. Sometimes we made fun of her saying she was turning into Tao but the way she acted lately, our joke died down. She looked worse than him. She had little sleep and at nights I could hear her mumbling. She no longer dress up. Her hair tangled in a mess. Her body was slowly disintegrated. She stayed beside Sungjong all day in their room and Myungsoo sticked to her all times like glue. Everywhere she walked he would follow. Myungsoo was worried sick about her. He too looked ill but not as much as her probably because he was stressing over her. Every time he tried to talk to her she would reply back with words that didn’t make any sense. She was losing her mind perhaps maybe from staying in this world drive humans insane. Nobody knew what was wrong with her. Sunggyu too couldn’t look into her. Luhan tried too but ended up only confused more.

“Lack of sleep. She needs more sleep. Fatigue, dark circles it all relates to it” Lay said as he examined her. Myungsoo held her hand tightly. “You need to sleep” he pleaded to her but she shook her head. Her eyes grew large in horror and Sunggyu stood up looking away from her. Taking a deep breath he knelt beside her he brought his face close to hers. Staring intently in hers slowly Lydia’s body relaxed and she fell asleep. Everyone looked at Sunggyu as he fell limply beside the bed and quickly Woohyun caught his body.

===================================================================

I stayed by her side the whole time. Why was she sick all of a sudden? The nightmares was taking a toll on her. Years we spend together I’m always sitting here and watching her. Watching her trapped in her own mind. Watch her go through the pain that I wish I could take it all away. Watching her looking through the window. Watching her daydream wondering if I was in any of those. I guess that is what my life is. Just watching.

“Myungsoo?” her hoarse voice came out from her deep slumber. Feels like years since I heard her call me. Finally she was back. “Lydia?” I took her hand to comfort her. She smiled and we spent the day just lazing around together.

============================================================================

After days of lying in bed and after all the constant rambling and worry I was finally able to be released. Still though in constant watch under Myungsoo but it’s okay. He was silent unlike the others who kept worrying over me to the point where I would use violence to get them away.

Yeah I know, I was treated like a princess which I didn’t like. I want to go back home. Where it was just us and the city. No vampires popping out everywhere. No shadows lurking everywhere. No need to stuff myself with warm clothes. No 24/7 being watched over. This place was literally like hell. The red sky and the blood  red moon. The only difference is that there was no demon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After few talks we had I was allowed to visit EXO without Infinite except Myungsoo of course. “Lydia!” doorman Baekyun greeted us as always. The mansion was empty probably because the others were busy with crazy things happening lately. Baekyun led us to the main room where EXO usually hangout. “Oh Lydia!” Suho snapped his book closed and walked over to us giving me a warm hug even though his body was ice cold. Behind him was Luhan. Curled up, sleeping on the couch.

After the usual greetings Suho and Myungsoo left the room to discuss some things leaving me behind with the sleeping Luhan. I sat there deciding whether to join Baekyun or just sit and watch Luhan sleeping beside me but then the window took my attention away. The beaming light of the full moon dragged my eyes towards it. Even though the sky was red making the moon glowed red tonight though the glow outshine the red and glowed white. I missed the white moon and here it was. Staring at it closely I tried to make a picture of the craters.

After a while there was loud sounds from the kitchen startling Luhan from his slumber. He sat up quickly and turned his body to face me. “Lydia?” he was surprised with my sudden appearance. I smiled and he smiled back displaying his sharp teeth but quickly closed his mouth. “Are you hungry?” I asked him. He shook his head.

“Ah it is full moon tonight” he mumbled. His eyes turned towards the moon ignoring my presence. The moon shone brightly in his eyes, reflecting it lights but his eyes didn’t glowed white, it glowed red.

Noticing my gaze at him he turned his head to me and saw his reflection. It shocked him and he quickly covered his eyes trying to hide them. “Luhan?” I reached out my hand towards him placing them on his shoulders. “It’s okay” I tried to calm him. “Don’t look” he whimpered. “It’s okay, I’m not scared” Luhan slowly lowered his hands and looked at me and I looked back at him showing no fear. Sensing my confidence he relaxed and lowered his head. “I guess you’re used to weird stuff now” “Yeah, but I have seen way scarier stuff than that” “Is it hard?” Luhan turned his gaze at me confused. “Is it hard to hold it in?” I asked again and Luhan nodded. “Yes but I’m used to it now so I can hold it in” he sighed and I gently placed my hand on his head. his hair. ‘You have to let it go. It’s is alright” I said softly and he lowered his head on my lap breathing deeply. I turned to look at the moon then suddenly I felt a heavy weight. Instead of feeling soft smooth hair I felt short but soft fur. Looking down Luhan was no longer human but a wolf. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ahh this chapter wasn't really planned out well. Probably have to re do this chapter again -sigh- hope you enjoyed it anyway....thanks for reading. Please do comment and subscribe on what you think so far.

-Saranghae (=^x^=)