22

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun watched as Kyungsoo and I frosted the cupcakes after they completely cooled. I still felt a little mortified after the little stunt that Kyungsoo pulled. As we finished frosting the last cupcake, Kai came out. This boy must really hate wearing shirts, I thought as Kai sauntered over to the kitchen counter with nothing but shorts on. But I have to admit he does look really good though... okay, I gotta keep it cool. 

"Jongin-ah, go put a shirt on." Kyungsoo said while taking a bite out of his cupcake.

"It's too hot for that. And you don't mind ... right Noona?" Kai said as he took a seat next to Sehun and smirked at me.

I cleared my throat and looked him straight in the eye. "No, it's fine ...", I made sure to make it obvious that I was giving him a once over. "... it's not a big deal to me anyway." Kai held my stare as his hands reached forward. 

Kai grabbed Kyungsoo's bitten cupcake from off his plate. "Ya! That's hyung's. Why don't you take a new one." Sehun said and pointed to the rest of the cupcakes.

"I just want a taste. You don't mind sharing right Hyung?" Kai directed to Kyungsoo while still holding my gaze at me. I swallowed hard. I immediately felt like he wasn't only referring to the cupcake which made me instantly feel uncomfortable. 

"Yeah, sure." Kyungsoo replied and pushed his plate towards the younger.

"You're the best Hyung." Kai smiled and stuck his tongue at Sehun. 

The apartment door then opened and some of the members began piling in after one another looking exhausted. They waved at me as they dropped their backpacks and bags on the floor.

"Hey kids, want some cupcakes?" I asked with a smile. The members saw the cupcakes on the counter and instantly perked up. 

"Aish! This heat!" Baekhyun cried as he frustratingly ran his hands through his hair. 

"Seriously, this no AC things ." Tao whined and took a cupcake.

"Noona, these look good!" Suho smiled warmly. 

"Thanks, it was Kyungsoo's idea actually. I just helped", I replied. Suho took another bite of the cupcake and gave Kyungsoo a thumbs up. 

"Ahhh, this feels so good!", Lay shouted. We all turned our heads to Lay as we saw him holding his shirt up in front of the open fridge. He turned to us and gave us a 'cheesy like he just been caught doing something' smile.

As the other members crowded around Lay to feel the coolness from the fridge, my phone vibrated in my back pocket. 

1 New Text Message: Lu"i'm a man"han

I giggled as I read the contact name. I changed it after the text conversation in the cafe just for fun. I opened his message to find a selca of him with an angry pout.

Lu"i'm a man"han has sent you a picture:

           

I'm thirsty. and hot. and tired. MEH.

I laughed at Luhan's "meh" and started texting back.

Mint: Omg. cry a river why don't you?

Lu"i'm a man"han: That's not very nice. And if I do I won't let you swim in it.

Mint: I can't swim so jokes on you.

Lu"i'm a man"han: i'll push you in as punishment for not sympathizing with my pain.

Mint: so you're going to drown me? yup, no sympathy for you. and here i am saving you a cupcake. i'll just let Tao eat it.

Lu"i'm a man"han: i'm kidding! i would totally save you! i would never push you in!!

Lu"i'm a man"han: save me a cupcake! please!

 

"Lu ... I'm a man ... han? Hahahahaha, does he know you have him saved under that?" Baekhyun peered over my shoulder and snatched my phone out of my hand. "Wha you guys talk a lot! Noona, why don't you answer my texts!" Baekhyun whined as he scrolled through our conversations. I saw Kyungsoo's face harden at the mention of Baekhyun's last sentence. Even Kai who in front of the fridge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter