No one's normal.

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     Sujin sighed as she walked towards her bed and belongings. She opened her hygenic bag first, the usual containing, pads, toothbrush, deoderant, face cream, razor, face mask, etc. She made her way to the bathroom, holding all her items to organize into the bathroom. 

Humming her own tune, Sujin placed her toothbush and toothpaste down and went to check out the shower. 

    "Wow, grandpa really did try." Sujin mumbled under her breath. There was a knock at her door and she jumped as her items fell to the floor. "Aish." She muttered and went on her knees. "Who is it?" She yelled. There was no answer. Sujin didn't bother, she continued picking up her things while humming. 

   "That's a lovely sound." A voice spoke to her. Sujin stopped humming and looked up with wide eyes. 

   "Goodness. How did you get in here??" Sujin curled hair hair behind her ear. "I swear I locked the door." Sujin said to herself. 

   "Well you swore wrong." Myungsoo grinned at her. Sujin blinked at him and twisted her lips.  Myungsoo looked down at her stuff scattered all over the floor. "Oh my. Did I cause that?" Myungsoo asked with a concerned expression. Before Sujin could speak up, Myungsoo was on his knees, picking at her things. 

    "Uh, you don't need to do that.." Sujin rubbed her hands on her jeans and stared down at Myungsoo. 

    "No, this is no big deal. I serve you from now so get use to it." Myungsoo smiled up at her then went back to gathering the things in his arms. Sujin slightly smiled and knelt down. 

*. My pads and tampons...* Sujin's eyes widened as she glanced at Myungsoo then at her pads and tampons. And just as Sujin was going to grab them, Myungsoo quick hands grabbed them, he paused and looked at them. 

    "What are these?" Myungsoo asked. Sujin mentally cussed as she bit her lip. 

     "You've never seen those before? They're for blood." Sujin said casually. Myungsoo tensed up at the mention 'blood'.  

      "Ah...that's interesting." Myungsoo nodded and he was up and putting Sujin's things on her counter and mirror drawers. Sujin sat down on her counter and watched him. He was good looking she had to admit that, wait all the guys in this house were good looking, but Myungsoo, there was something about his personality that made him different but she couldn't point it out just yet.

    "Hey, I'm sorry for pushing you out slamming the door in your face earlier." Sujin pressed her lips into a thin line, as if she wasn't actually sorry. And Myungsoo caught that. 

    "No you aren't." Myungsoo smirked and it was a new side of him that Sujin was seeing. When she first met him, he was being uptight and proper. But now, she could tell her was starting to get comfortable and able to talk to her more freely. "I understand you want to be alone. I mean, you've been given sad news and then you're sent to a house where tons of men claim you are the jewel. It's a lot to take in isn't it?" Myungsoo asked as he and Sujin walked out of the bathroom. 

Sujinjin sat on her bed and crissed crossed her legs. She began thinking about many things and her expression fell. "I mean I guess. It is. But you know, living in a new place, without parents, going to a new school, meeting new people, I think it'll be interesting. So I'm going to look at it in a postive way." Sujin then gave him a bright smile. Myungsoo, who was standing before her with his arms behind his back, his body pulsed forward. He tried taking a step back but being alone with Sujin made him anxious. 

*Myungsoo, get ahold of yourself. You're suppose to protect her not hurt her.* Sujin looked at him and furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you okay?" Sujin asked Myungsoo as he turned around and took short, deep breaths. He secretly pulled out a pill and swallowed it quickly.

    "Y-yeah. I'm fine." Myungsoo said, gripping onto his head. Sujin patted the spot next to her and Myungsoo looked at her with an uneasy expression. But his body, moved forward, and now he was seated next to Sujin on the bed. "I'm a little weird sometimes. My apologies." Myungsoo bowed his head slightly. 

Sujin tilted her head and smiled at him again. "Don't be sorry. No one's normal, but that's okay." Sujin reassured him and his expression gave away that he was very happy to hear that.  "I'm a little weird sometimes too." Sujin whispered and Myungsoo laughed. 

*Woah. This is the first time I've laughed in a while. This feeling is weird.* Myungsoo thought to himself. He looked into Sujin's sparkly eyes once againa and gulped down and you could see his adams apple bob up and down. 

   "Well. I will leave you alone for now. But will you be joining us for dinner Miss Sujin?" Myungsoo asked her, Sujin watched Myungsoo walked to the door backwards and grinned. 

   "I will." She said simply with a contented smile, and with that Myungsoo walked out of her room and shut the door slowly. 

*Woah. It's been quite a while since I've actually talked to a boy alone. Interesting.* Sujin raised an eyebrow and smirked. 

- - - - - - -

    Sujin figure she would join them for dinner. It was their first dinner together, she could finally see everyone and maybe introductions so she could call everyone by their names and make friends. And also, after talking to Myungsoo, she thought maybe not everyone in this house was all that bad, maybe they were all friendly.

Sujin walked out of her room, there were numerous hall ways and a part of her wanted to explore each one and find out what and where each hallway leads to. Her stomach suddenly rumbled and she gripped onto it.

*Oh yeah. The last time I've actually eaten a proper meal was this morning with my mom...* Sujin smiled but it faded slowly as the memory came up. 

    "Sujin-ah! Finish all of your waffles, so you can have enough energy of your test today."  Her mom nagged her. Sujin rolled her eyes and picked at her waffles with her fork and knife. 

    "Did it ever occur to you that maybe I was trying to lose weight and stuffing myself with belgium waffles will make me bloat?" Sujin pouted at her mom and made a face at the now soggy waffles. 

   "Ha. You? Diet? Honey why? You're already skinny enough." Mrs Han patted her daughters head. Sujin groaned and looked up at her mom. 

   "I want to be normal okay!" Sujin said and pushed the plate away. 

    "Sujin-ah, no one's normal. Everyone has their flaws, but that's okay because you someone who really loves you will look past that and love you anyways." 

    "What are you even trying to say? I'm fat??" Sujin asked and looked at her flat stomach with a frown. 

    Her mom chuckled and hit her head softly. "I'm telling you that I love you the way you are, and so will some lucky guy." 

Sujin was now sitting on the floor, her knees brought up to her chest as her head was buried in her knees.

*I feel so lost. How could this happen? Why of all times did they have to leave me now? When I have no one to lean on?* Sujin shook her head, telling herself not to cry, to stay strong, to only think of the positive thoughts, but she just couldn't. 

   "Jewel!" A voice gasped and footsteps thudded on the wooden floor and carpet. A hand touched her shoulder slightly. "Are you okay?" He asked, Sujin took deep breaths and finally got her tears to stop flowing. The hand squeezed her shoulder and rubbed her head. "Don't cry." He said. His voice was deep and soft. 

Sujin finally lifted her head and looked at the guy. Good looking of course. Sujin's cheeks were red and her eyes were watery. 

*God. This is awkward.* Sujin thought, looking at the guy, who gave Sujin a smile.

    "I'm Taecyeon."  (2PM) The guy named Taecyeon flashed his white,big teeth at her. She nodded and he helped her up, as they got up, Sujin could feel his rough hands, he was buff so of course it was no surprise he was giant. Sujin looked up at Taecyeon. 

   "Sorry, I was having a moment." Sujin face palmed herself. 

     "That's okay." Taecyeon told her and pointed downstairs. "Are you heading to dinner too?" He asked, Sujin turned her head towards the stairs while she wiped away her tears. 

     "Ah, yeah." Sujin spoke in a soft voice, Taecyeon made sure she was fully okay and ready to walk down and meet everyone. Sujin then went ahead Taecyeon and he smiled as he watched her. 

*You're such a big baby!* Sujin scolded herself. She was now at the base of the stairs, looking in all directions at all the rooms. 

    "Um, Taecyeon...where's the dining room?" Sujin asked with round eyes. Taecyeon reached the foot of the stairs also with his hands in his pockets and cocked his head towards a door with a sign plated on it. 

'Ballroom' It read.

     "Hm?" Sujin asked as they approached the door. 

    Taecyeon glanced down at her. "Since we have so many people living in this zoo, we decided eating in the ballroom would be better than having is all cramped at the dinner table." Taecyeon explained and they walked through the door. 

Once they entered, cheers and many unfamiliar men were waving at Sujin. It was scary at first but then she saw their sweet and kind smiles. 

   "Wait, why do so many people live---" Sujin asked but Taecyeon had already vanished to a table. There were approximately 30 tables, big enough for about 8 people. Sujin's round eyes scanned the room, all the men were calling her name and gesturing for her to join them. The room then got quiet by a loud voice. 

   "YAH!" Someone's raspy voice spoke through a microphone. "Is this the proper way to make Sujin feel welcomed?! You're scaring her, men, rise." 

All at once, the men who were seated, stood up with their chins lifted in the air and their hands behind their backs. Sujin was still lost in the large ball room, she bumped into many tables as the dim light made her dizzy and she couldn't see where the voice was coming from. An expression full of worry covered Sujin's face, she had no idea what was happening and she didn't know where to go. Until, a recuer arrived, gripping onto her hand gently. 

   "You should've called for me." Sujin looked at the back of the male's head who was guiding her. 

*Myungsoo.* Sujin felt relief once she noticed. 

    "What for? I wasn't in danger." Sujin said back, Myungsoo glanced back at her. 

   "When you're feeling physically or mentally lost, call for me. Just say my name or even screaming my name in your head, I'll be by your side in no time. Promise." Myungsoo said sincerely. Sujin scoffed, it was becoming ridiculous to her that he wanted her to depend on him. 

   "How could that be a promise? Don't make promises you can't keep." Sujin snatched her hand away from Myungsoo and he looked back at her, giving her a small look. 

He grabbed onto her hand once again and smirked. "Who said I can't keep it?" Myungsoo said, then came to a stop. They were now at a table, it was near the fish tank, smack in the middle of the room and Sujin felt out of place once again. The guys who were still standing, eyed her secretly and smiled. 

   "Sit." The voice speaking in the microphone ordered. 

Sujin sat down in the empty chair, next to a guy with light brown hair, and Myungsoo sat next to Sujin and tapped his fingers boredly on the table. Sujin twisted so her body was away from Myungsoo. 

*This guy is starting to annoy me. How could he say that? He's just getting my hopes up and trying to make me depend on him. Well let me tell you mister, that will not happen. I am a woman capable of doing things on my own. Hmph.* 

- - - - - - - 

    "Can you open this can for me...?" Sujin mumbled to Myungsoo as she handed him her drink. Myungsoo grinned and opened it easily, after opening the can he poured it into a cup full of ice.

   "How'd you know to do that?" Sujin asked him with furrowed eyebrows, watching him pour her sprite slowly into the cup. Myungsoo looked at her amused. 

   "Know what?" He asked casually. 

   "I was going to pour my drink in the cup..." Sujin muttered. 

   "Ah, you see, our Myungsoo has special miind reading powers!" A guy with purple hair said, Sujin looked across the table and saw a dinosaur looking guy with smiling eyes. 

   "Huh?" Sujin asked with a confused smile. 

   "Shut up Dongwoo. Don't put weird information into Jewel's head." A guy who looked like he was sleep talking hit Dongwo. Sujin looked at Myungsoo, who shook his head and ate his food. 

  "Well, since no one is suggesting it, I will. How about introductions now?" A young looking wide eyed guy said. Sujin looked up from her food and nodded her head. 

   "Introductions would be nice, I'd like to address all of you by your names." Sujin said kindly and shyly.

The guy next to her grinned widely and pointed to himself and shouted, "Me me me me me first!" He turned to look at Sujin and grinned even wider, showing his gummy smile. "I'm Lee Sungyeol. You can call me giraffe too." Sungyeol said, and Sujin took note, Sungyeol was a rowdy fellow who had many piercings and goes by giraffe. 

    "I'm Hoya. Lee Howon. But call me Hoya, it has more swag ya feel?" Hoya nodded his head. Sujin took note that Hoya was, a little tan, and had some hip hop feel to him and he liked purple. 

    "Sungjong here! Wanna be best friends? I can do your hair and nails and---" 

    "Nam Woohyun. I can be your flower prince." A guy with a charming eye smile interupted the young, wide eyed guy. 

    "Sunggyu. It's a pleasure to have you here Jewel." Sujin took note that Sunggyu was the sleep looking one and he seemed to be more matured than the others. And lastly the one who spoke first grinned and waved his two arms. 

   "I am JANG Dongwoo. Hahahaha. I like sleeping." Dongwoo said between chewing his food. Sujin giggled at him, he was an amusing guy who liked smiling and had purple hair. Myungsoo, on the side shook his head at Dongwoo. 

   "Chew with your mouth closed hyung." Myungsoo told Dongwoo, Dongwoo laughed and stuffed more food in his mouth. 

So far, Sujin enjoyed dinner. The guys were all talkative and friendly, the only problem was they were cautious about what to say to her and they treated her too much like a guest. 

Because Sujin didn't know everyone that well, she just observed quietly while eating the prossionally prepared food. She then spoke up, but only to Myungsoo. 

    "So, who was that before? Speaking on the microphone?" Sujin asked him, and Myungsoo took a sip of his water and turned his head towards a room. 

    "That was the boss, better known as your grandfather." Myungsoo told the curious Sujin, to which she nodded her head finally understanding. 

   "Hmm. Can I go see him?" Sujin asked Myungsoo with puppy eyes. Myungsoo shook his head with a smile and he patted Sujin's head, messing up her head slightly. 

   "He's a busy man, right now, I believe he's in a conference meeting." Myungsoo told her in disappoinment, Sujin frowned and sighed. 

    "I've been looking forward to meeting him all night." Sujin pouted and picked at her food with her fork, as she always does when she's full. 

    "Well, maybe if you'd have came earlier, at the right time you were told to, you would've met him." Myungsoo said in a blunt tone with a know it all smile. Sujin gave him a look and turned her body away from him again. 

    "Whatever." Sujin answered and remained silent. Myungsoo stared at her back image and grinned to himself. 

*You're such a child, and I look forward to find out more things about you.* Myungsoo thought, and then he remembered what Sujin had told him in her room. 

     "Don't be sorry. No one's normal. But that's okay." 

Myungsoo's grin turned into a small one and he stared at the floor blankly. 

*Is it okay to be someone who is absolutely different from everyone in this house, who has to fight with himself every night to hold the beast in him back? Is that normal? What would she think of that? Would you still find that okay if you found out?* Myungsoo glanced at Sujin picking peas from her fried rice with chop sticks. 

"No one's normal." Myungsoo repeated, joining in on picking peas and putting them into a bowl with Sujin.