Trust

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     "What?" Sujin tugged Myungsoo's arm back but he pulled onto hers, causing her to run faster with him. Myungsoo looked behind him and stopped for a little. 

    "Trust me." Myungsoo told her and in a swift second Sujin was being carried by Myungsoo bridal style while her arms wrapped around his neck. 

All Sujin could think about was Officer Kim's face and how he was choking her. She bit her bottom lip and slowly looked up at Myungsoo, his eyes were focusing straight ahead of him and his lips pursed together and she could feel his breathing, it was unsteady and she couldn't help but feel bad.

    Myungsoo was just a few blocks from their house, he then heard a noise with his superior hearing. 

*I have to keep running. I have to get Miss Sujin home.* Was all Myungsoo was thinking about. He gripped onto her tighter as he heard footsteps behind him. 

     "Come here Han Jewel." Officer Kim appeared out of no where and Sujin gasped in terror.

     "M-myungsoo!" Sujin's voice screamed as she buried her head behind Myungsoo's shoulder. 

Myungsoo began to feel light headed and his pace slowed down bit by bit, but when he heard Sujin's voice, the beast in him appeared and his speed caused everything around them to be a blur. Sujin looked around as she felt the strong air hit her face, soon they managed to get into the gate, right when Officer Kim scratched Myungsoo's back. 

     The two fell on the floor when the gate locked automatically and Officer Kim growled and clawed at them, Myungsoo looked back at him and glared as he and Sujin got up from the floor. 

     "Han Jewel!" 

The remaining men who stayed back home rushed to Sujin and Myungsoo and brought them into the house. 

    "I WILL GET YOU!" Officer Kim shouted and he vanished into the streets. 

Sujin felt her legs go weak and she was still in shock and terrified, especially because she had no idea what was happening. Myungsoo watched as the men tried aiding Sujin upstairs, but she pushed them off her and shook her head.

     "I'm fine, just leave me alone." Sujin mumbled and ran upstairs. Myungsoo took off his jacket and threw it on the floor.

     "Hey, it's ok. It was bound to happen someday." Hoya came up to his friend and picked up his jacket. Myungsoo shook his head and grabbed his jacket from Hoya. 

     "I didn't want it to ever happen." Myungsoo said in a low tone and he began walking up stairs slowly. 

- - - - - - -

*What just happened? Why was he chasing me? Who is he? What is he? Why me?* Sujin broken down on the floor and she gripped onto her head. 

She thought of her mom and dad and began to cry. Her emotions were gathering up and making her a wreck. 

     Myungsoo took a deep breath before opening up her door. He walked in to see Sujin on the floor, crying. His expression fell and his eyes widened as he shut the door slowly.

     "Miss Sujin..." Myungsoo said and he began to approach her carefully.

*This is all my fault.* Myungsoo knelt down and his hand hovered above Sujin's back. 

     "I'm fine, get out please." Sujin slowly lifted her head while wiping her tears. 

Myungsoo went in front of her and held her face in his hands. He sighed as he stared into her big, wet brown eyes. While seeing her cry, the beast in him stayed calm and was in no mood to come out. 

     "I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to get scared so I tried stopping you..." Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, thinking about her shaky voice when she screamed his name a few minutes ago.

Sujin looked at Myungsoo and saw his hurt eyes.  "He choked me and then he was chasing me, what does he want?" Sujin asked Myungsoo. Myungsoo used his thumb to wipe off Sujin's tears and his head dropped when his hands on her cheeks loosened.

     "I can't..." Myungsoo told her. "I can't tell you." Myungsoo shrugged. Sujin froze and she blinked at him. 

     "Why not? I can't just not know why people are after me!" Sujin pushed him away from her and walked to her bed. She sat down crissed crossed and hugged a pillow. "This is not something to keep from me." She shook her head and he nodded, he understood her feelings but he just couldn't tell her yet. 

Myungsoo slowly walked towards her bed and sat down with her. "I'll tell you tomorrow. It's been quite a day and you should get some rest." The calm and gentle man whispered. Sujin pouted when she met Myungsoo's dark stare. It was the stare of his that always got her, mysterious and hypnotizing. 

    "Fine. Good night." Sujin said, looking towards the door, which Myungsoo managed to understand, she didn't want to see his face.

*She must be mad at me.* Myungsoo thought, getting up from her bed. "Sleep well." Myungsoo told her and turned to leave. Sujin stubbornly crossed her arms and pouted, she turned her head slightly to watch Myungsoo leave, but what she viewed made her stop him.

     "Myungsoo, wait." Sujin said with round eyes. She bit down on her lip and stood up, Myungsoo turned around with his eyebrows raised.

      "Yes Miss Sujin?" Myungsoo said with a small smile. Sujin lifted her head and pointed at him, causing Myungsoo to tilt his head at her.

     "Your back. It's bleeding." Sujin informed him, Myungsoo tried peeking a look at his back, which was a fail but he succeeded in making Sujin laugh a little. "I'll help you mend it...before you go to bed, because it'll hurt later if you try to sleep and that'll bother you and you won't be able to sleep so---"

     "I'm fine Miss Sujin." Myungsoo smiled the brightest smile, no one in his life has ever seen. Sujin was also shocked to see him smile so widely. Myungsoo walked forward to Sujin while both of their eyes were locked onto each other.

The Beast's rough, cold hand craned the back of the Beauty's small neck, he pulled her face closer to his as his lips touched her warm forehead. 

     "Thank you for worrying about me Miss Sujin." Myungsoo whispered and he slowly backed away form Sujin. Sujin was left awestruck. Her face heated up and her body seemed to be rushing and pumping with blood more quickly. 

    "No problem." Sujin said softly, but Myungsoo was already out of her room by then, of course being him, he heard it all well.

- - - - - - -

Next Morning ~

    Sujin stretched out her arms and groaned at the birds chirping and pecking at her window. 

*If only I could catch you and make you into chicken.* Sujin eyed her window and pouted. She heard a snort and popped up from her covers quickly.

Kim Myungsoo. He was sitting at the foot of her bed with his crooked yet cute smile. Sujin rubbed her eyes and got up from her bed. 

    "What are you laughing at?" Sujin said after yawning. Myungsoo shook his head and shrugged innocently. Sujin stopped when she was halfway to the bathroom, she spun her heels around slowly and crossed her arms while giving Myungsoo a look. "Tell me now. Why are people after me? Why do people know me as Han Jewel?" Sujin asked curiously but in a serious tone. 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and he stood up, walking to Sujin with a slanted smile and lazy gaze. Sujin became nervous when she watched him walk towards her with that stare.

Once Myungsoo was standing before Sujin he cocked his head sideways and stared at her for awhile. 

Sujin's cheeks then turned red after thinking about what happened before he left her bedroom. 

    "We're gonna be late, so hurry and go get yourself ready Miss Sujin." Myungsoo said in a soft tone. Sujin twisted her lips and she stared up at Myungsoo with her puppy eyes, Myungsoo shook his head and gently pushed her into the bathroom.

     "Jerk." Sujin muttered before slamming the door, he grinned at her childness and went to set out her uniform. 

- - - - - - -

     A few minutes before class actually started, Myungsoo never left Sujin's side ever since this morning. 

    "I'll be here to walk with you to lunch alright?" Myungsoo told Sujin, Sujin turned back around. She and him went outside the door, Myungsoo looking at her curiously. 

     "Tell me now, before class starts." Sujin said to him firmly with her gaze staring into his. Myungsoo shook his head and took out a pill, he swallowed it while Sujin watched him.

*Wonder what those pills are for.* She thought but that would have to wait. "Tell me." Sujin's voice was still solid and Myungsoo still ignored her. 

Taehyung appeared before their eyes, making Sujin and Myungsoo pause. 

     "Morning Sujin." Taehyung gave her a small smile, but his eyes were very mischievous. Sujin looked at him then back at Myungsoo.

     "Class starts in two minutes, hurry." Sujin begged Myungsoo, Myungsoo laughed and looked at the clock, ticking and ticking away. 

     "Yeah, tell her Myungsoo." Taehyung smirked before walking into the class, earning a glare from Myungsoo. 

     "Miss Sujin, I'm sorry, I have to get to class now. See you later okay?" Myungsoo nodded and Sujin pursed her lips as she watched him walk away quickly. 

*Wow. What is so secret that you can't tell me?* Sujin thought of Myungsoo all during class.

- - - - - - -

     They had just got home and all Sujin seemed to talk about was yesterday, and Myungsoo could tell she was getting angry at him.

     "You can't just keep holding it off! We need to talk about what happened yesterday! My life may be at danger and you're keeping this from me?!" Sujin yelled as Myungsoo shut the door timidly. 

     "I agree, you should tell her Myungsoo." A voice in front of them said.

Sujin pointed to the area where the voice came from and smiled at Myungsoo, "Thank you!" Sujin said, she then took a second to look at the man. 

He was a medium height man, had full gray hair, wore a black and red suit and like the other people in this house he was quite fit, he looked like a retired marine general due to his hair and wrinkles. 

Myungsoo stared with round eyes at first but he soon bowed at ninety degrees, pulling Sujin down with him. 

     "Watch the hair." Sujin muttered and the two slowly rose, making eye contact with the man once again.

     "Wow. You sure do look like your mother." The man said. Sujin glanced at Myungsoo then tilted her head at the man. 

     "Grandfather?" Sujin said carefully, Boss Han grinned at her and nodded his head. "Well, it's nice to finally meet you." Sujin told him plainly. Myungsoo nudged her a bit, giving her a small look. 

     "Yes, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately Sujin, with your parents gone, I want to be there for you in their place, but I'm afraid I can't. I'm truly sorry you have to endure this alone." Boss Han said with sorrowful eyes. Sujin knew he was being sincere and she put on her big smile.

     "It's okay, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about being there for me, I can handle things on my own, I understand you're busy, so it's okay Grandfather." Sujin said, Myungsoo looked at her from the corner of his eyes. 

*I'm not fine, I'm scared and I want my parents back, but they're gone and he's the only family I have, if I depend on him too much and he dies too, then I'll hurt even more.*

Reading Sujin's thoughts was never intentionally. Myungsoo was still new at this, so whenever he looked at her, he could hear her voice in his head. Sometimes it was nice to know what she was thinking, but also it showed how much she was hurting inside and that made Myungsoo sad also.

     "Seems like I have leave now. I apologize once again. You know you aren't alone, I assigned Myungsoo to be your caretaker because he can understand you, and I trust that he won't let anything or anyone hurt you. Please, trust him as much as I do Sujin." Boss Han told Sujin and she was all ears. "As for you Myungsoo, I'm counting on you to protect my grand daughter. Don't hold in everything alone, tell her, everything, bit by bit let her know because Sujin is just like her mom, strong and has a big heart that will be able to accept anything." He winked before exiting the house. 

- - - - - - -

     "It's nice to know I resemble and am like my mom." Sujin smiled to herself, walking into her room and putting her backpack on her bed. Myungsoo shut the door and went to pour tea that probably Sungmin left for them. 

     "Why's that?" Myungsoo asked with a grin.

     "Because," Sujin paused and went to take a seat on the couch near the window. "my mom was awesome. She was my role model. I always argued with her about nothing, but in the end I learned things from her." Sujin said with a faint smile on her lips. 

Myungsoo walked towards her holding two cups of tea in his hands, Sujin took it carefully and took in the warmth and scent. 

     "That's sweet." Myungsoo told her with his soft smile. Sujin sighed and looked out the window. 

     "So, about the thing." Sujin's mood changed abruptly, she set the tea on the table and scooched over towards Myungsoo, who was watching her while he drank his tea. Sujin stared at Myungsoo like a puppy towards it's owner. "I want to know. Grandfather said you should tell me everything, I agree, you can tell me anything Myungsoo, that won't change how I view you, promise." Sujin's tone showed how sincere she was and Myungsoo could not help but fall into her brown eyes. 

     "Officer Kim was after you because of that." Myungsoo pointed to her neck. Sujin blinked at her fingers felt at her neck, touching the pearl necklace her mom had given to her. "Um, I'm not going to tell you the main details, but as for as you should now, it's a very valuable thing to Officer Kim's kind." Myungsoo sipped his tea, making sure to watch Sujin's reaction. 

She thought about Officer Kim's face change. "His kind?" Sujin's eyebrows knit together and Myungsoo tensed up. 

He was hoping she wouldn't ask that. He didn't want her to know these things, but it seemed he had no choice.

     "Yeah. Vampires." Myungsoo said slowly, avoiding Sujin's innocent stare.