Torture

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     Taehyung walked into his house, even though it was his own home, the place felt foreign to him, since he hasn't stepped foot in it for nearly a month. Right when he walked in he was expecting someone to tackle him right away, but he saw his mom just about to leave. She stood in front of him with a shocked expression, wide eyes and opened mouth. 

     "I knew you would come back." She said plainly with a motherly smile. 

     "But I have some rules. Can we please talk about it, with dad too?" Taehyung questioned her, her smile faded but she nodded her head and put down her coat and keys.

They walked into Mr Kim's dwelling, he was doing some kind of paper work or plotting something Taehyung assumed. Mr Kim looked up and his expression had already changed to furious, he flashed right in front of Taehyung but his wife had stopped him from harming Taehyung. She pushed Mr Kim away and Taehyung stepped back, alarmed. 

     "He has a few things to discuss with us. Let's hear what he has to say before jumping into things." She said in a firm voice, eyeing her husband. He let out a grunt and went back to his seat. Mrs Kim took a seat on the couch and Taehyung sat across from her, they both turned so they were facing Mr Kim. His stare intimidated Taehyung and made him almost forget everything he wanted to say. 

     "Yes, I came back. But this doesn't change what has happened. I love Sujin. She taught me how to feel and to be a better vampire." Taehyung said and his dad scoffed, his mom had a plain expression so it was hard to tell what she was thinking. 

     "Oh please, Taehyung, we're that kind of species. No matter what, we have a killer inside of us. There's no way to---" 

      "There is, father. We don't have to be the monsters people fear us for. We don't have to kill innocent people to get our way or feed on, animal blood can supply us, or we can drink from the hospitals blood supply. It's easier that way." Taehyung told them, and finally he got a reaction from his mom. She nodded her head with furrowed eyebrows, and that meant that she understood what he was explaining. But his father thought other wise.

     "Is that what you really believe in?" Mr Kim raised an eyebrow at him, Taehyung pursed his lips together with a small nod.

    "Yes. It's what she taught me." He smiled, Mr Kim stood up and sighed. 

     "Give me a minute with your mother." Mr Kim squinted at him, Taehyung got up and glanced back at his mom then left the room. 

- - - - - - -

Taehyung felt he got through to his parents. He took out his phone and sat on the stair case, smiling as he called Sujin. 

     "I'm here." Taehyung said, and then he heard Sujin let out a sigh of relief. 

     "Good. It's good to hear your voice. How did it go?" Sujin asked him curiously. 

Taehyung rubbed his eyes before answering. 

     "I think pretty well. They're talking about it right now." Taehyung told her. 

     "I hope everything works out, so we can be together without all of this drama." 

      "Well, there's still Myungsoo to deal with..." Taehyung said jokingly, but it wasn't really a joke. 

Sujin laughed and leaned back in her chair. Thinking about Myungsoo confessing to her and other things.

      "I told you, Myungsoo is just my loyal caretaker. You're the one I like, okay?" Sujin said through the phone and Taehyung could picture the look in her eyes. Her gazing at him with pure honesty. 

     "Okay. I know. Oh, I gotta go, I just heard the door handle turn. Listen, I love---" 

Sujin waited for him to finish the rest but was concerned when the phone had a glitchy sound to it. 

     "I'm not going to kill you," His dad whispered, "But I have other plans in mind." 

And that was the last thing Sujin heard because the call got disconnected. She furrowed her eyebrows and she got up from the chair, making her way to Myungsoo's room. 

- - - - - - -

     "Myungsoo---" Sujin walked in and saw Myungsoo strumming at his guitar with a pencil in his mouth. "Oh, sorry to interupt you, um---"

      "It's okay Miss Sujin. Is everything alright?" He asked and tilted his head to the side. Sujin suddenly didn't want to tell him. Since Myungsoo had just got back and talking to him about Taehyung would be a bad thing.

     "Sungjong and his witch friends said they found Gaeun. She's still alive. But that's all they could get. They're still working on how to save her." Sujin told him. Myungsoo placed his guitar down and sighed. 

     "That's good news." Myungsoo saw Sujin's expression and stood up. "We're going to bring her back safely, don't worry." Myungsoo went towards her and placed a kiss upon her forehead, she pressed her lips into a thin line as she stared up at him. 

He didn't bother reading her thoughts because Myungsoo felt he already knew what she was thinking, but he was very wrong. 

- - - - - - -

Earlier

     "Are you really going to consider Taehyung's plan?" Mrs Kim blinked at her husband, she looked at him with hopeful eyes. Because she was sort of wishing he would, she was tired of drinking off of random humans, it made her feel dirty, and she didn't like wasting time trying to get a necklace just to bring back a powerful vampire either. 

Mr Kim rolled his eyes and pulled out a stake from his drawer. 

     "Of course not. That kid has no idea what he's talking about, that human girl has brainwashed him. Let's just rid him---" 

     "He's our son!" Mrs Kim cried, stepping infront of the door, holding onto her husbands hand. Mr Kim saw the look in his wife's eyes and he squinted at her. 

     "Not anymore he's not." 

      "No, please, anything but this. We can get him back." Mrs Kim tugged onto his sleeves, he threw the stake into the wall and rubbed his temples. 

     "Fine! Go fetch Seunghyun." He told her and she smiled with relief. 

- - - - - - -

Mr Kim carried his son's body to the basement and chained him up to a wooden board so that his arms were above him and his legs spread apart. Taehyung's head was hung low, he was still unconcious from getting knocked out by his own father.

Seunghyun appeared and was surprised to see Taehyung. 

     "I don't know what's going on, but this looks interesting." Seunghyun rubbed his hands together. Mr Kim took out multiple knives and a few small steaks. 

      "I found out the reason Taehyung can't be compelled by us anymore is because that Sujin girl fed him drops of her blood mixed with white herbs everyday bit by bit. So, you need to make him bleed all the white herbs so it's out of his system. Then he'll be able to be compelled again." Mr Kim explained while splashing water onto Taehyung's face.

Taehyung coughed loudly and took a deep breath, lifting up his head and looking at his surroundings. He moved his arms and heard the clanking of the chains. 

He then saw Seunghyun sitting in a chair in front of him, Taehyung growled and glared at him. 

     "Don't give me that look." Seunghyun smirked. 

     "Why am I chained up?" Taehyung's eyebrows creased together, watching as Seunghyun tossed a knife in both hands. 

     "So that you don't try anything when I do this--" Seunghyun flashed before Taehyung and dragged the sharp edge of the knife so that it was cutting Taehyung's bare torso. The blood already seeping out of him. Taehyung winced in pain and grit his teeth together, his fist balling up, wanting to break the chains and strangle Seunghyun.

Seunghyun finally stopped and laughed to himself. 

      "Don't worry little cousin, you'll heal. And when you do, I'll be sure to do it again. And again. And again, til all the white herb exits your veins." Seunghyun sat back down in his chair and sighed. "Anyways. How about some small talk?" He asked with a grin. Taehyung narrowed his eyes at him with anger. 

     "What do you want?" Taehyung asked annoyed. 

     "No, the question is, what do you want?" Seunghyun raised an eyebrow at him. "Why disobey your parents and leave home? Huh?" Seunghyun was actually curious. Taehyung was quiet, he stared at the floor, not wanting to look at him. Seunghyun saw that Taehyung was being stubborn so he flashed to Taehyung and cut open another wound, the line of red marking Taehyung's body. 

     "For her. I did it for her." Taehyung finally confessed. 

Seunghyun stopped and he tilted his head. 

     "Sujin? You caused all that for the girl?" Seunghyun blinked, and then went back to his seat while shaking his head. "Idiot. Now why would you do that?" 

Taehyung breathed heavily, the first wound healed up already but the second was still burning. 

     "Because I love her. Because she doesn't deserve all of this." Taehyung said, raising his voice. "All for a stupid necklace? You guys are killing innocent people for a necklace? It's stupid. This old vampire everyone wants to bring back, who even knows if he's real." Taehyung was now looking Seunghyun in the eye. 

     "You kids and you're stupid feelings." Seunghyun shook his head once again. "You need to stop fighting what you really are and just do as you're told." Seunghyun then took a wooden stake and aimed at Taehyung as if he were a dart board. Taehyung's eyes rounded and he eyed the piece of wood. "Relax. I was told not to kill you." Seunghyun frowned and threw the wooden stake right at Taehyung's leg. 

     "I know what I really am. I'm a vampire. Doesn't mean I have to be a bad one. There are some good vampires, such as Gaeun and Myungsoo." Taehyung breathed out, his eyes were shut tightly since he was trying not to focus on the pain in his leg at the moment. 

Seunghyun clicked his tongue and picked up a large knife. 

     "Myungsoo, what a bad example. His intentions are good, I believe. But he isn't all that good. He's just a vampire ready to burst any moment, I just wonder when it'll be." He smiled as if he knew something but Taehyung was staring up at the cieling. "It's getting late and I'm hungry." Seunghyun smiled, walking closer to Taehyung. 

And Taehyung saw the knife, he was preparing himself for the pain about to happen to him, he clenched his teeth and balled his fist, closing his eyes and thought of Sujin. The only one who could help him get through anything. Seunghyun began cutting lines all over Taehyung's body, Taehyung screamed and screamed. 

The blood flowed out of him from differen areas and dripped down to the floor. Seunghyun stepped back with a smirk. 

     "We'll continue this tomorrow. By the way, you mentioned her didn't you?" Seunghyun opened a door from across of Taehyung and inside it revealed Gaeun, who was also chained up to a wooden board. But at least she had clothes on and there were no signs of blood on her anywhere. 

Seunghyun left and the door had finally shut. Taehyung stared at the unconcious Gaeun with wide eyes. 

     "Gaeun noona!" Taehyung whispered loudly, even though it wouldn't matter if he yelled. Gaeun twitched, so she was surely alive, causing Taehyung to become somewhat relieved. "Wake up! Hey!" 

Gaeun heard his voice and she used the least bit of her energy to lift her head, she saw Taehyung and blinked rapidly. 

     "Taehyung? No.." Gaeun said in a disappointed voice. "Why are you here? You're suppose to be with Sujin, you're suppose to keep her safe, who---" 

     "She finally convinced Myungsoo to go back home. Plus with you gone he had no choice." Taehyung told her and she dropped her head. 

     "They're gonna kill us." Gaeun's voice was hardly audible and she was close to crying. 

Taehyung could tell they've frightened her badly, and she probably hasn't drank any kind of blood ever since. She was pale and close to drying up. 

     "They won't. You're going to be okay, Sungjong and his witch friends are doing whatever they can to save you." Taehyung reassured her and Gaeun let out a sigh.

     "No, they shouldn't be coming up with a plan to save me, they should be searching for the spells to save Sujin." She said and that made Taehyung's ears perk up. 

*Can you hear my thoughts?* Taehyung stared at her. Gaeun nodded. *Okay, I'm going to scratch on the wood board so they can't hear our conversation, whisper it though, I'll try my best to listen.*

And once Gaeun heard Taehyung's idea, she began her whispering and he began using his nails to claw at the board.

     "While they had me captive in here, I've been reminiscing in my old days, and I remember having a friend witch. Her family had a hard time accepting me but eventually they trusted me and knew I was to do no harm. And they made me this ring, the ring that lets me be able to walk in the sun." Gaeun wiggled her fingers and Taehyung saw it, he has one too and so does Myungsoo but they never really questioned where they got it from. 

     "So?" Taehyung said, wanting to know more. 

     "They made a deal with me of course. They said if I ever hurt an innocent person, they'll take the power away from my ring and it won't have any purpose anymore." Gaeun was getting closer to the point and Taehyung kind of knew, but he wanted to hear her fully well. "What I'm saying is, there might be a way to take away the Han Jewel's power." 

And there it was. The gateway to all their problems.

However he main issue was, they were stuck in a basement, full of vampires who are able to control them.