Han house

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     "Miss Sujin, you have mail." Myungsoo appeared in her room, holding a fancy envelope. Sujin, who was just finished doing her homework, had smiled when she saw Myungsoo. It was if he had never left. Things were on the same track as before and she felt secured, aside from the fact Taehyung hasn't been in contact for awhile and Gaeun was still missing. 

     "Really?" Sujin stood up from her desk. "No one really knows where I live." She curiously took the envelope in her hands and stared at it. It was sealed with a red rose. 

     "Hm." Myungsoo also was curious. 

She sat on the edge of her bed and began opening the envelope slowly. He watched while standing near the bed post. 

Her eyes fell upon the neat and scriptive hand writing. She started to read aloud. 

     "Han family, we are aware of your busy schedule but we would love to have you join us at our special banquet.  We would love for you to bring the requested item, and also the papers you have worked on for the past month. I hope the Han family shows up. Thank you." The letter ended with an address and signature Sujin was unfamiliar of. She stared at the letter for a moment and sighed. "This was for my parents, before the accident." Sujin surpressed a small smile as Myungsoo looked at her with concerned eyes. 

     "What papers? What items are they talking about?"Myungsoo questioned her, she shrugged. 

     "Guess that's what we'll have to find out." Sujin said, staring at the floor. 

- - - - - - -

     "Hey, um, I just wanted to tell you, there's this thing tonight, and I would love for you to go with me...so call back." Sujin scrunched her nose as she hung up the phone. 

     "Still not answering?" Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at her, Sujin shook her head, her expression going sullen. 

And the fact that they were right in front of her house made her mood drop even more. She hadn't been to her house in so long and seeing it gave her this nostalgic feeling. 

     "Miss Sujin, you don't have to do this." He aided, reading her thoughts and hearing at the memories she had. 

Sujin just walked towards the gates. 

     "It's for my parents." Sujin mumbled, the gates opening in a matter of seconds when she punched in the code. "Plus, I have a feeling of this gathering, like they would go to one every month, and come back with these packages. So, this is my oppurtunity to find out." She told him while walking towards the door. Myungsoo walked besides her, staring up at the house. 

Sujin opened the door with her key, it was broad daylight and inside the house, the sun shone in every corner of the household. She stepped in carefully as if entering someone else's home. It was unfamailiar to her after so long. Myungsoo stood at the door, tapping his fingers on the frame. Sujin turned around and came to a realization. 

     "You have to invite me in." Myungsoo said. 

Sujin scratched her head. 

     "Will it work? I mean after all, my parents own the house and they're dead now..." She furrowed her eyebrows at him. 

Myungsoo shrugged with a sigh. 

     "Worth a try." 

      "You can come in." Sujin said the words and Myungsoo took a moment before actually moving. 

His foot hovered over the door frame, then he put his arm out, his foot fell on the inside of her house and they both smiled. 

     "Looks like you're the owner of this house now." Myungsoo smirked. 

Sujin wondered if anyone was around, she wanted to greet her old maid and thank her for still keeping the house clean. 

The house was really quiet and their footstep were the loudest things. Well, to Myungsoo, the loudest thing was Sujin's heart beating quickly. 

They walked upstairs and Sujin lead the way. 

     "Where are we going?" He asked her. 

     "To my dad's office." She said plainly. 

The pair came to a halt, stopping at a large door, carved with the big letter H. Sujin touched it, remembering all the times she would enter her parents room just to bother them.

Myungsoo walked in first, scanning around the room. He heard a noise, a beating heart, getting quicker and quicker, and it wasn't Sujin's. Sujin stared at Myungsoo being still. She was about to speak but he stood in front of her and gestured not to speak. 

He heard it again, the person was inside of the room, hiding somewhere. 

     "Hello?" Myungsoo called out, the heart beat stopped, then pounded loudly. He pushed open the curtains and saw a lady, Sujin walked inside the room when she heard a scream. 

     "Inyoung unni!" Sujin exclaimed. 

Inyoung, opened her eyes and saw Sujin running towards her. Myungsoo stepped aside to let them speak. 

     "Gosh, you scared me. I thought someone had broken in. You should've called before coming!" Inyoung scolded her. Sujin rolled her eyes. 

*Already nagging me.* She grinned, staring at her close maid friend. 

     "I'm here because there's this meeting my parents go to every month and they have to bring items, I'm not sure----" 

     "Meeting? Ah, that one. I remember your dad telling me about that." Inyoung pointed out, Myungsoo was all ears and so was Sujin. 

     "Really? What did he say?" Sujin asked with round eyes. 

Inyoung held onto the rag and cleaning spray, squinting her eyes, trying to remember. 

     "He told me to retrieve the box when it comes in mail, and it did...two weeks after they passed. But I did as he told me, I retrieved it and put it in his office." Inyoung shrugged, Sujin glanced back at Myungsoo. 

     "Thanks." Sujin smiled and hugged her, Inyoung catching Myungsoo stare. 

     "Who's the guy?" Inyoung whispered. 

      "Oh, that's Myungsoo. My grandpa assigned him to be my body guard." Sujin's thumb directed in his direction. Myungsoo bowed and smiled. Inyoung bowed back and nodded. 

     "He's good looking." She raised a brow at Sujin, Sujin rolled her eyes and pushed Inyoung towards the door. Myungsoo smiled to himself at the compliment, but it slowly faded.

     "It's not like that." Sujin laughed.

She turned back around and clapped her hands. 

     "Well, now we know what we need to bring to the banquet." Sujin walked towards her dad's office, which was in the corner, only a wooden door waiting to be opened stood. Sujin twisted the knob, the door creaking as it widened. The room had a large desk, one window, a computer that hasn't been touched since, and many many files and papers sorted in a cabinet. She walked in and searched for the box Inyoung mentioned, it was under the desk and she slightly smiled at it. 

     "Here, I'll help---" 

Myungsoo tried walking inside of the office but a force was holding him back. 

     "What the?" He said and Sujin looked up at him. 

    "I invited you in the house though?" Sujin blinked, confused. "You may come in." Sujin said, thinking it'd work. Myungsoo walked forward but bounced right back in place. 

He studied the frame and bent down to get a closer look. 

     "The herb. It's buried underneath the door framing so vampires can't get in no matter what." Myungsoo observed then stood back up. Sujin nodded her head with round eyes. 

     "That's fine, I can get the box." She told him. The box was sealed with thick tape and when she lifted it with her two hands, a clinking sound was heard. "Wonder what's in here that needs to be brought to a banquet." She handed it to Myungsoo then dusted her hands off. Myungsoo set it down on the floor besides him and watched Sujin explore more of the room. 

     "I need to find that other thing they mentioned. The papers. It would be in my dad's files then..." Sujin easily opened the cabinet, she saw that the files were organized by dates. "Okay, my parents died in..." Sujin went quiet, thinking to herself, and since the room was blocked by white herbs, Myungsoo couldn't read her thoughts. 

     "Did you find it?" He crossed his arms, tilting his head at her. Sujin nodded at him then pulled out the file, it was in a creme colored folder titled ; V. And the folder, like everything else, was sealed also. 

     "Alright, we got what we need." Sujin told him. Myungsoo lifted the box and headed for the door, Sujin closed the office door then stared at the bed. Her eyes welled up with tears and she bit her lip to take away the mental pain but the memory was too strong. Her parents. Gone. She didn't appreaciate them enough when they were home. 

Myungsoo looked over his shoulder and saw Sujin holding the manilla folder to her chest, her eyes shut, a tear falling down. He placed the box down gently and ran to her. 

     "Miss Sujin, don't cry." Myungsoo told her. "Come on, be strong." Myungsoo said in a soft voice. He wiped her tears away and she shook her head. 

     "When am I ever going to not cry about them?" She slightly laughed and Myungsoo eased with a chuckle. 

*There's that smile.*

- - - - - - -

     "This house is big." Myungsoo said. The two walked in the halls, the family portraits and pictures of Sujin as a baby on full display. He grinned and stared at them, Sujin admired them with a wide smile. 

     "Yeah." Sujin had an urge to go to her room, but she was afraid she'd break down crying, so she ignored it and walked down stairs. 

Inyoung came out from the kitchen and the disappointment in her eyes was seen. Sujin sighed as they hugged once again. 

     "Visit again, I'm always here." Inyoung said and they both smiled. Inyoung opened the door and watched them load the car with the box and take off. Sujin waving until the two could no longer see each other. 

- - - - - - -

     "Just leave it in your car. We'll be leaving in an hour anyways." Sujin told him. Myungsoo locked his car and they went inside. 

     "What? You guys aren't staying for dinner?" Himchan asked with a frown. Ilhoon popped up and also frowned. 

     "We could really use more people, it's been quieter you know." Zico shrugged.

Sujin saw their sullen expressions and felt bad. 

     "Sorry guys, we're gonna be at a banquet that my parents were suppose to attend." Sujin told them and they understood, no questions asked. 

After changing into a casual blouse and skirt, Sujin walked to Sungjong's room and found him with a girl slightly older than him. 

     "Oh, um hi." Sujin smiled. The girl stood up and held out her hand which Sujin shook. 

     "Wow, it really is you. Han Sujin. Everyone in Korea is talking about you and I just had to know you." She said, Sungjong laughed. 

     "This is Jinah, she's a witch in training, just like me. Her parents are the head witches and they're staying nearby." Sungjong explained. Sujin pressed her lips together, eye smiling. 

     "Alright then. I just wanted to let you know me and Myungsoo are going to a banquet." She told him. 

     "Okay. Call if there's any trouble." Sungjong winked. He seemed happier than usual and that made Sujin laugh. 

     "Bye." Sujin waved to both of them and shut the door.

Once she found Myungsoo, they both headed out.

- - - - - - -

The banquet was held at a resturant also made for buisness purposes. At the entrance, was an old lady greeting everyone as they walk through the door. Myungsoo had his arms wrapped around the box securely while Sujin held onto the folder closely to her body. They walked up the stairs and approched the entrance, Sujin stayed right next to Myungsoo just in case. The old lady stared at Sujin and blinked. 

     "Han Sujin?" She asked, Sujin brushed her hair out of her face and smiled politely. 

     "Yes. I'm not sure if you know this but my parents passed away a few months ago." She shrugged. The old lady looked surprised in a bad way. 

     "Oh no, that's bad news." She mumbled, Myungsoo stared at her. She also looked up and saw the both of them still standing there. "Well come on in." The lady told them. 

And in they entered. 

They weren't sure why they had entered andr they don't know what they have walked themselves into.