Birthday Disaster

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

     

     "Do you have everything you need?" Myungsoo asked Sujin before she entered the car. "Books? Pens? Um notes?" Myungsoo asked her, Sujin got in the car and reached to close the door. 

     "Yes, yes. Can we go now?" Sujin asked him in a rushed tone. Myungsoo grinned at her and boarded the car, taking a seat next to Sujin. 

     "Have you even thought about what to buy him?" Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at Sujin and she puffed out her cheeks, in ffact she'd thought about it all day but nothing came to mind. She hardly even considered him as her grandfather because he seemed more like a hotel owner of some sort.

     "It's hard to think of a gift for someone you know absolutely know nothing about." Sujin squinted as they walked out into the sunlight. Myungsoo turned his head slightly to get a look at Sujin's expression, it was emotionless, but she was thinking about quite a lot. 

*Should I get him pens? Like for his job? What if he doesn't use pens though...? Um, slippers when he walks around...ah, but he's hardly ever home...* Sujin twisted her lips and caught Myungsoo staring at her as they were walking. 

     "What do you think I should get him?" She asked Myungsoo and he turned away from her curious stare. 

     "That's all up to you Miss Sujin." Myungsoo shrugged. "But, since you are having trouble deciding, I could at least tell you Boss Han loves bubble tea." He said slightly unsure. Sujin sighed and they arrived at the shopping mall, where many people looked their way. 

     "Who is that?"

     "Isn't that Han Sujin? Her parents died in a car crash. So she's an orphan now." 

     "Is that her boyfriend?"

     "Why is she here? She could just have someone buy her things for her." 

     "She could even buy the whole mall." 

     "I heard that her parents didn't want her so they killed themselves---" 

     Sujin could not hear a thing after that because Myungsoo had plugged her ears by pulling her head close to his chest with his arm wrapped around her head and neck, guiding her into a store while giving looks to people. 

*Humans have nothing better to do than assume and make up rumors. Petty.* Myungsoo brought Sujin to arm width and rubbed her shoulders while looking into her eyes. 

     "Are you okay?" Myungsoo asked her, Sujin hesitated, her smile crooked because she so badly wanted to cry. 

     "I'm fine." Sujin told him with a short nod and pursed lips.

*No. I don't even remember what it feels like to be okay.* 

     Myungsoo hugged Sujin and looked around them, only workers were in the store, doing their job and not saying rude things. 

     "Don't listen to those people." Myungsoo told her, Sujin nodded and turned away to go look for her Grandpa's birthday gift. 

- - - - - - - 

     Myungsoo and Sujin walked into the house, quickly and quietly, Dongwoo and Hoya jumped at them and Sungyeol looked at Sujin excitedly. 

     "What did you buy for Boss Han? Huh? Huh?" He asked her with round, bright eyes. Sujin smiled and hid the present behind her back. 

     "Secret." She said and Sungyeol pouted at her then walked away uninterested. 

     "Leetuek hyung told me to tell you two the plan. So, Sujin is going to invite Boss Han to dinner, he'll think its just the two of them, so you guys will be at the resturant, we'll meet you there an hour later, and the lights will go off, and we'll bring cake and other desserts." Hoya said with his canine smile. 

Myungsoo and Sujin looked at each other and then back at Hoya. 

     "When?" Sujin asked Hoya. Hoya blinked, trying to remember. 

     "Oh, in about a few minutes Boss Han will be here. We'll be upstairs." Hoya pulled Myungsoo with him, Sujin nodded and waved as they walked away. Myungsoo glanced back at Sujin alone with a look of worry. 

*Will she be okay alone?* He questioned himself. Sujin however, did not notice his concerned expression. She was kind of nervous about how this will go, she isn't even one bit comfortable with her grandfather, so inviting him to dinner will be very awkward. 

- - - - - - -

     "Aigoo." 

Sujin heard the door close from the tv room and she shot up from the couch and went to the front door. 

     "Hello Grandfather." Sujin bowed her head slightly and had her hands folded infront of her. 

Mr Han looked up to see Sujin and he nodded. 

     "Oh, hello Sujin-ah." His wrinkled face smiled at her. Sujin looked at the clock and held her stomach. 

     "Um, are you busy? We should go out to get food, my treat." Sujin told him, which made him chuckle. 

     "No need to pay, I'm your guardian, I'll pay." Mr Han opened the door and Sujin followed him. 

     "But it's a thank you for taking me in, otherwise I would be a lonely orphan with no where to go." Sujin meant it, she was thankful for him, even though he didn't do much, he at least gives her a roof over her head and introduced her to people who really care about her. 

Later, Sujin and her grandfather were now seated across from each other at the resturant Leetuek planned at. It had only been ten minutes, they've been waiting for their waiter to come and take their order awkwardly. 

Being rich, one would expect them to get service right away, but no, they were treated just like everyone else and it felt nice to Sujin. 

A man no older than Mr Han came to their table with menus and a notepad and pen in his mouth.

     "Sorry for the long wait, any drinks to start you off?" He asked, taking the pen into his hands and looking at the two of them. 

     "Just ice water please." Sujin said calmly and Mr Han ordered some rare tea. 

Sujin could feel people staring at her. She didn't know why, but she felt so out of place. Like she didn't belong there. She turned her head slightly and could've sworn she had seen Taehyung. His purple hair was hard to miss in a crowd of people with black and brown hair. 

     "So, how are you?" Mr Han began to start the conversation. Sujin drew her attention back to her grandfather and shrugged. 

     "Um, I'm okay I guess. I still don't understand a lot of things, but I'm doing okay." Sujin told him. 

     "I know it's hard for you. Your parents gone and I haven't been around the house ever since you even got here. I just hope you're hanging in there fine." He said with apologetic eyes. 

Sujin shook her head with a smile. "I have Myungsoo, so I'm okay. He's like my right hand, whenever I need him, he's there and I know it. So thank you, for giving me a home, and kind people to surround me and for just being my family." Sujin said in an emotionless voice but her eyes showed great grattitude. 

Suddenly Mr Han's phone had rang, causing Sujin to watch as he fished out his phone and stood up, he looked at Sujin apologetically.

     "Excuse me for a minute." He said and exited the resturant in a hurry when he read the caller ID.

Sujin sighed and the waiter finally came with their drinks, she sipped her water, staring down at the solid crushed ice. 

     "Hey." 

Sujin heard, she lifted her head and saw Taehyung smiling at her, before Sujin could speak, her eyes got droopy and her head ached. She was slowly seeing multiple Taehyung's. 

     "Tae--" Sujin managed to say before she had out. 

*I'm sorry Sujin.* Taehyung thought, and then people began to gasp. 

     "It's fine, I'll take her to the hospital." Taehyung said when some people got up to help. They sat back down, still starin wide eyed and whispering things. 

     "Isn't that Han Sujin?" 

     "Omo." 

Taehyung had a plain expression on as he carried Sujin bridal style out of the resturant. 

- - - - - - -

     Mr Han had just hung up his phone after talking to a representative, turns out he had to leave. So he walked into the resturant, expecting to find Sujin waiting patiently for him. His eyes searched hthe resturant for her and he looked at the full drinks on the table, except Sujin's water was fizzing. 

He immediately ran out of the resturant and called the boys. 

     "Kids, Sujin is missing." Mr Han told Leetuek and the other men were already in their room gearing up and getting ready for a search. 

     "I'll tell Myungsoo right away." Leetuek said and hung up. He ran up the stairs and knocked on Myungsoo's door loudly, "YAH! Jewel is missing! She's not at the resturant---" Leetuek opened the door to find an empty room. "Huh?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Myungsoo's missing also." Leetuek's eyes full of panic, he yelled. "GO THE RESTURANT FIRST, SOME OF YOU GO TO OFFICER KIM'S DEPARTMENT, CALL MYUNGSOO WHENEVER YOU CAN." Leetuek ordered. 

It was chaos just like that. Everyone ran around the house, worried about Sujin. What could've happened to her? No one knows. 

- - - - - - - 

     "Don't touch her!" Taehyung yelled at Seunghyun and he rolled his eyes. Sujin woke up with an extreme pain in her head and she felt restrained, her arms tightly at her sides and she was seated. She opened her eyes and saw she was in a dark room, there was only one light, coming from the crack behind the curtain, Sujin assumed was a window. 

     "Hello?!" Sujin called out, her eyes looking all around in the darkness, searching for anything. 

     "Nice to see you again, Sujin-ssi." Seunghyun appeared before her, she saw his sparkling gray eyes and sharp fangs smiling with joy. 

Sujin moved her head back and blinked quickly. 

     "Let me go." Sujin said mono toned. Seunghyun shook his head and pat her head. 

     "Now, why would I do that?" Seunghyun asked, "When I could just torture you?" He smirked. Sujin struggled against the tight ropes, good thing she was wearing long sleeves or they'd burn badly against her skin. 

     "Why? I did nothing to you. This doesn't make sense, release me." Sujin glared at the man standing before her. 

     "You're obviously in here for a reason." Seunghyun muttered, then looked behind him. "So, let's start shall we." Seunghyun clapped his hands. He wrapped one hand around Sujin neck, choking her, then the other pulled at her hair, hurting her scalp and making her difficult to breathe.

     "S-stop. Plea--" Sujin could hardly speak. Her eyes watery, looking into Seunghyun's evil ones.

Seunghyun shook his head. "I could just kill you right on the spot." He whispered, Sujin tried moving her head out from his grip but of course, no use. 

     "If you do then how would you get the necklace?" Sujin asked, and his grip on Sujin got loose. 

     "Don't make up bull so I would spare your life." Seunghyun eyed her and folded his arms. Sujin gasped for air and coughed then speaking when she caught her breath.

     "Remember last time when you tried grabbing it? There's a spell on it, only I'm allowed to touch it, so if you kill me, I'm buried, along with the necklace no one will be able to take off." Sujin gave him a devious smile. "So, kill me if you want, I don't really care." Sujin said boldly. Seunghyun growled and scratched at her neck, just above where the necklace sat, blood leaked down her shirt. The blood was fresh red, and she winced, looking up at him. 

     "Doesn't mean I still can't torture you." Seunghyun twisted his lips and then turned around. "Look, I have a friend here. He's been craving fresh blood for days, you wouldn't mind donating some blood do you?" Seunghyun said with a fake pout, Sujin looked behind him, in the mere darkness, she saw a skinny figure. Seunghyun the light and Sujin's eyes widened. 

     "Taehyung?" Sujin said with a dropped expression. Taehyung was staring hard at the floor, his eyes were shut and he hugged himself. 

     "Go on Taehyung, drink her blood." Seunghyun commanded. Taehyung growled, the smell of blood attracted him instantly, and he did need blood, and it being Sujin's blood made it all more tempting. 

     "Taehyung!" Sujin yelled. 

The blood from Sujin's neck was stinging and warming her neck at the same time, her eyes watery from tears willing to fall. 

     "Shut up! Taehyung, drink now! How will you be powerful if you don't have energy!" Seunghyun screamed at him loudly, then the urge came. Taehyung lifted his head quickly and Sujin saw his glowing eyes. 

Yellowish red like the sun, she gasped and shook her head. 

*NO. NO. NO. Not you too. Taehyung! NO.* Sujin bit her lip and struggled more in the chair. 

He came closer to Sujin, his hands reaching out for her. 

     "Stop, Taehyung. Don't do this. Please. Stop. Help me!" Sujin cried out. 

     "Just a little." Taehyung said before his fangs grew in. Seunghyun watched with a satisfied grin. 

     "Relax Sujin. You won't turn into a vampire. He'll just drink some blood and you'll pass out, but don't worry, you'll live. Sadly." Seunghyun mumbled. Sujin scooted back the chair but it woudn't move. Taehyung was face to face with her and he her hair. 

     "Why? You...Taehyung." Sujin bit her lip and he moved her hair aside, the blood was right in front of him, he had been trying to go on an animal diet just like Myungsoo has, but he just couldn't do it. 

He was a vampire. Vampires were made to be viscious blood drinkers. 

*I'm so sorry Sujin.* Taehyung switched off his humanity and put his lips near her neck. 

*Sorry.*