Guilty feeling

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

    "He really left." Sujin's expression was emotionless as her voice. Her eyes stared blankly ahead as the world around her revolved. 

Gaeun glanced at her feeling the pain with her, although she didn't feel as much as Sujin did, she tried her best to cope with Sujin. 

     "It was for you, everything he does is for you, Sujin." Gaeun stared hard at the road, cars passing by quickly.

     "No. Don't say that." Sujin scoffed and she moved her head slightly so she was looking out the window. "If it was for me, he wouldn't have left, he would've stayed here, let me help him and open up to me. I've been trying so hard to understand what it's like for him. I put myself in his shoes but I just never understand why he always wants to run away when we just might be close enough." Sujin frowned. "And being in love with me was even more confusing and hard to understand. He did not leave for my sake, Myungsoo left because he was only thinking about himself first." Sujin let a small droplet of tear fall down and she remained silent the rest of the car ride. 

- - - - - - -

     "I'll be at your house in an hour." Taehyung told her over the phone, Sujin didn't say anything, she just hung up and tossed her phone across the bed. She her back and stared up at the twinkling chandelier. 

For the bad reasons of today, all she could think about was the first day she came to live here. It was odd and she knew no one, but Myungsoo changed that. He helped her get use to the people and he tried making her feel comfortable.

*Aish. Memories go away.* Sujin shut her eyes and let out a deep breath through her nose.

Putting her sadness aside, Sujin went to get changed. She put on her black, formal mini dress and wore a short black button up cardigan with it.

If her mom saw her today, she'd be smiling and telling her to smile more.

Sujin bit her lip, thinking of her mom as she put on her black heels. 

Sungjong came into her room while she was combing her hair, Sujin turned to look at him, he stared at her with sympathetic eyes. 

     "Come here." Sungjong pressed his lips together, almost in a frown, he hugged Sujin shortly and let her go, staring at her with no words said. 

*Han Sujin, you are strong.* Sujin told herself and she forced a smile. 

     "Thanks. Hey, can you do my hair?" She asked, holding up the curling iron and he nodded quickly. 

- - - - - - - 

         "Let's go to my room, I'll show you how to make it." Sungjong told her, Sujin sighed, closing her room and walking to Sungjong's room. And of course a mental obstacle blocked her path. Her heels clicking stopped at the one door, Myungsoo's room, now the only thing that remained was the memories that happened in it or outside of the door. Sujin felt herself getting emotional again and Sungjong tugged on her arm, she followed him without looking back.

     "Wow, these herbs smell amazing." Sujin took a whiff of the white plant while Sungjong took out more objects/things needed.

     "Well, they do contain certain powers so ~" He shrugged with a grin. "Okay, listen up, I'm going to tell you the steps, one by one." Sungjong pointed at her and she laughed. 

Sujin stared at him across the small coffee table with round eyes. 

     "First, you need to get the white part off of the roots," Sungjong doing his own actions as he spoke. "Then put it in this cup of water, oh and don't pour too much water because you won't even need to drink that much for it to do it's magic." Sungjong told her and she listened diligently. "Afterwords, you need to only a drop of human blood, add it in the herb and water, mix and there, you have your powerful drink." Sungjong shook the glass of liquid around. Sujin stared at it and gave him a small clap.

     "Tell me, why these ingridients?" She asked him curiously. Sungjong took out papers from a book near him. 

     "Because these herbs are vampires enemies. This is the same plant that is used to protect your necklace." He told her with a sly grin and Sujin touched the pearls.

     "Wait...Taehyung's going to drink this, won't it burn him?!" Sujin asked worriedly with wide eyes. Sungjong nodded simply. 

     "Well, that's what's going to help him so he won't be able to be compelled by older vampries." He gave her a small paper with pictures of the white plant and other details written. "And a drop of blood will help him control himself better, only having one drop can help his restraint while he's on his animal diet. I think your blood will be most helpful to him." Sungjong smirked and got up from the table and prepared the contents of what she'll need in a bag. 

Sujin stood up also and blinked at him. 

     "Why would my blood be the most helpful to him?" She asked and he smiled instead of answering her.

- - - - - - - 

Sujin was in her room seated on her bed, writing down everything Sungjong had told her earlier. 

A knock came at her door and she saw she locked it. Putting down her pencil and notebook, Sujin walked barefoot to the door. She saw a well dressed Taehyung with a shy grin, his hand awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck and the other waving at her.

     "I don't know where exactly we're going. Is this too formal or too---" 

     "You look good." Sujin interupted him, causing his expression to lighten up and she grinned. 

     "But you look...beautiful." Taehyung's eyes couldn't help but scan her up and down, the color black went well with her creme colored skin and her eyes sparkled every time she blinked, making her even more irrisistable in Taehyung's eyes. 

*I honestly mean that.* Taehyung walked into Sujin's room, it was the second time being in there and it already looked completely changed.

     "We're going to leave in a bit, but I have a surprise for you." Sujin told him, flashing a wide smile and she clasped her hands together as if praying, Taehyung was already curious.

     "Alright, what is it?" He asked her, following her to her bed. 

Sujin sat down, so did Taehyung, she made him hold the cup of water while she got out the herb. 

     "Why the hell do you have that?" Taehyung asked shocked with wide and cautious eyes. Sujin stopped what she was doing and met his eyes.

     "Don't worry, this is going to help you. I wouldn't use this to hurt you in any way." She told him in a sincere tone, and Taehyung believed her right away, he trusted her.

Sujin placed the white plant inside of the cup, mixed the two ingridients then, from her desk drawer she got out a pocket knife. Taehyung watched with knitted eyebrows. When he saw Sujin bring the sharp knife to her hand his eyes widened again.

     "What are you doing Sujin?!" Taehyung used his free hand to hold the knife away from her hand, she just stared at him. 

     "A drop of human blood is part of the ingridient." Sujin said and he calmed down, but still got nervous knowing she was going to bleed right before him. 

    "Wait, I don't think I can watch this." Taehyung scrunched his nose and shut his eyes. Sujin touched his cheek and he opened one eye. 

     "Hey, you've done it before. You can control the craving Taehyung. Watch and try to resist, alright?" Sujin tilted her head at him, all he did was nod simply. 

Sujin let the blade cut her palm, the blood already rising to the surface of her skin, Taehyung saw and smelled it, his eyes glinted with orange, only focusing on the red blood coming out from her hand, he his lips and breathed heavily. 

     "Focus." Sujin's voice entered his conscience and he looked into her eyes. He steadied his breathing but his glowing eyes still remained while Sujin let a drop of her blood drip into the cup of herb and water. The red color mixed in slowly, Sujin took a mixing spoon and waited til the ingridients mixed well. "Okay, it may burn at first, but this will help you not get compelled, trust me." Sujin pushed the cup to his lips and Taehyung stared at the soaked plant. 

Taehyung did what Sujin told him, he drank the drink in one shot, the herb burning his neck, causing him to let out a growl, his fangs bearing out and he had to breathe in and out slowly. Sujin took the cup from him and she clapped for him. 

     "It'll get easier once you get use to the burning." Sujin told him, he shut his eyes, and once he opened them they changed back to their original color.

- - - - - - -

     "Where are we?" Taehyung mumbled as he followed Sujin. 

There were many people dressed in black , walking into what seemed to be a church. Taehyung didn't get out much, and he had no clue what place Sujin had brought him to. 

     "Just come with me." Sujin took his hand into hers and the warmth from her hand made his cold heart beat with a small emotion. 

He didn't ask any other questions, he didn't want to even speak because the aura in the room was dull and heavy. There were no smiles, no emotions, some people were even sobbing, it confused him and he just blinked. The room had many benches in rows, filled with people in dark clothing. 

     "Ah, Sujin, I'm so sorry." An old lady frowned sympathetically and wrapped her arms around Sujin's neck, causing Sujin to release Taehyung's hand and she hugged the lady back. 

     "Thank you for coming." Sujin nodded her head at her and the lady went to sit down. 

Taehyung kind of assumed they were in a religious place because he saw crosses hung around the walls, and then a pastor entered the wide room. Sujin took Taehyung to the front of the room and they sat on the front bench next to people who also apologized to Sujin for a reason Taehyung doesn't know.

They sat quietly and the pastor began to speak. 

     "Hello, friends or aqauntances of the Han family." The pastor started, Taehyung's ears perked up at the mention Han family. "We will now have a moment of silence for the Hans." He said and everyone put their hands folded in their laps, shut their eyes and put their heads low. 

Taehyung didn't though, he looked over at Sujin and whispered very quietly. 

     "What is this?" He asked her, blinking confused.

Sujin slightly turned her head towards him and without opening her eyes replied, "My parents funeral." 

A sick feeling in Taehyung's stomach began growing and he hung his head low too. 

He was at her parents funeral, and Taehyung grew tense, because he knew something no one in this funeral house knew. 

- - - - - - - 

A few minutes later, Sujin saw her grandfather appear at the podium stand. She smiled slightly as he waved to her. 

     "I just can't believe that my beloved daughter is gone, along with her amazing husband. I remember the first day I saw her in her mom's arms, I knew she would be trouble." Then the crowd erupted with short laughter, so did Sujin. "My daughter was a wonderful woman, I just wish I had spent more time with her, because now she's gone and all I have is regret and sorrow. But I hope they're in a better place together." He ended his speech with a nod and pursed lips, he looked back at the picture of Sujin's mom. 

Sujin felt her tears welling up and she looked down, Taehyung noticed and his expression turned into concern, he wanted to hug her but maybe it wasn't the right moment to do that, so instead he patted her back and whispered, 

     "It's okay." He told her, even though it wasn't possible at all for this to be okay.

Afterwards, workers and friends of her parents also talked about her parents, some shared really funny stories and some went on about how great people they were, and Sujin enjoyed it, she loved hearing that people thought good of her parents. 

The pastor went up to the stand and called out the final person to speak, Sujin let out a long sigh. 

     "Now we have Mr and Mrs Han's daughter, Han Sujin with is today, please come up." He said and Sujin bit her lip, Taehyung gave her a nod, his eyes stared back at her as if telling her she could do it. Sujin walked up the stairs carefully, she looked out at the people's sad faces, all focusing on her. 

     "Hi, I'm Han Sujin."

- - - - - - -

Myungsoo's Pov ; 

I hid behind the tall door, it had a small window, big enough for the top of my body to be seen, I saw Sujin walking up nervously to the podium. God she looks beautiful as always. But she also looks sad. Of course she is sad.

     "Hi, I'm Han Sujin." She stared at everyone with a small, nervous smile on her sad face. "Um, my parents are gone." Sujin looked back anxiously at the picture of her parents, her mind going out of focus, I could tell by the way her hands moved and her eyes moved about. 

Then her eyes focused somewhere, Kim Taehyung. I saw him nod at her, she nodded back, biting her lip before continuing to speak.

     "My parents died um, about a month and a half ago. I kind of didn't want the funeral to happen this quickly, I'm still trying to tell myself that they are gone, permanantly." Sujin's eyes looked up and she was trying so hard not to cry. 

Cry. Let out your feelings Sujin. You've been strong for so long, cry right here, right now. But she didn't, instead her lips smiled, but her eyes did not.

     "A lot of people have lost someone in a tragic accident, so I understand now, what it's like to lose someone you love, someone you thought would never leave, someones who you thought would always be there no matter what. I guess I took them for granted, because they were my parents, I never thought twice about them ever leaving me." Sujin's hands played with her hair. "Um, but I guess I have to move on because they aren't here to help me get over it." Sujin's voice grew quiet at each word, how much I wanted to barge in there and hug her tightly. 

I can't take this. I was part of the reason her parents died, and I left her, I'm the bad perosn, not Taehyung. 

End Of Pov 

- - - - - - - 

    "Anyways, I just want to say thank you to my parents for taking care of me, I know I gave them a hard time sometimes and I went through a lot of phases, I'm still going through some, just without them. I wish they weren't gone though, I'm sure everyone in here wishes that they weren't because they didn't deserve to die.." Sujin stared at the floor, began closing up and a tear fell down and she faked a smile, her head turning to look back at their pictures once again. "Thank you all for coming. I'm sorry." Sujin ended her speech quickly and she walked down and took her seat besides Taehyung, he knitted his eyebrows together, his brain started functioning on it's own and he frowned, feeling sympathy for Sujin, he squeezed her hand and she held back from crying.

Sujin's grandfather left just after her speech, he wanted to give her strength but he needed to leave and she watched him leave without a word.

The pastor read a few things about the after life, and Taehyung grew slightly amazed. He never knew this was how some people thought, this is what churches brainwashed these people into thinking, that if you die, you die and go off and live happily in heaven. But what about Taehyung? What about vampires? They die and come back to life, only to live forever. Was that hell? Was not being able to die, a sin? Living forever seemed cliche to Taehyung after listening to the pastor read from the books.

     "Lastly we are going to send our prayers to the Hans before sending them off." The pastor bowed and everyone stood up, Taehyung also stood up and noticed that Sujin was still seated. She looked blank, her eyes staring straight ahead of her.

     "Now for the event I was so afraid of." Sujin said and she got up quickly, Myungsoo saw her stand up again and she went into the back of the line with Taehyung staring at her. 

*I know you feel, Kim Taehyung. So, when she breaks down, are you going to be there for her? Or will I have to run in there?* Myungsoo watched closely. 

Sujin saw that she was so close to the caskets, everyone looked down at it with frowns and they bowed their heads to pray. Sujin could feel herself about to cry, she knew it was coming, all the emotions she had today combined together and turned into sadness, and the moments she wanted to cry earlier, they were here.

Taehyung stood behind Sujin, walking slowly next to her, his sense picked up the smell of dead bodies, and the feeling in his stomach got stronger, he also got tense when they were approaching the two caskets. 

And then it happened. Both of them saw inside the first casket which contained Sujin's father, his face slightly wrinkled and eyes shut, his hands at his sides. Sujin's hand reached out to touch but it trembled and hovered above him, she gasped and no sound would come out of .

*DAD. Oh my god. Dad. Why? Why did this happen?* Sujin's tears flowed silently, no sounds still coming out from her, only from her expression one would see how much she was hurting, and Taehyung was the one who saw it. He looked at Sujin's dad then watched her eyes grow watery with tears, and all he did was put his hand on her shoulders to help her to keep walking because her knees began feeling weak.

His body was getting tense and he broke into a cold sweat, inside his head he thought it was just from the herbs and it would pass soon. 

The sadness grew bigger when Sujin saw her mom's face. She still had her beauty even after dying. Sujin wanted to hug her mom and tell her so many things but she couldn't, for her mom was dead. Sujin looked back at her father and then at her mom. 

Myungsoo saw Sujin's hand cover , tears falling quickly and her shoulder slumped down, the only thing stopping her from falling down was Taehyung's grip, but seeing Sujin and everyone else react like this he also grew weak. 

Seeing both of her parents dead bodies today after so long made Sujin emotional on so many levels, she fell to the floor before her mom's casket, one hand on the edge of the wood and the other covering as her eyes poured out the pain she's held in. 

Taehyung froze for a second when he heard and saw Sujin crying on the floor, then it hit him. 

The mixed feelings in his stomach, guilt. The guilt was eating him from inside, the girl he is fond of is crying on her knees in front of her dead parents, parents that he practically killed. Realizing he had feelings other than towards Sujin, he got down on his knees and hugged her shaking shoulders, he whispered words to make her fel better and he hugged her even tighter when she cried harder.

*I knew you would feel after coming to this funeral.* Myungsoo thought.

 

A/N: Why don't you guys comment (;-:) I must know your thoughts on what's happening, even critism would be okay, I just want to know what you guys think of the story so far, and thanks for subscribing <3