She's my princess

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     During class, Sujin would daze about once in awhile. She would go thinking about her parents, people in the classroom and her grandfather. There were still things she wanted to know, but no one would tell her. Her life was just a big question and mystery to her.

*How? How did mom and dad die?* Sujin had a thought about going to the police station after school, but there would be one object.

Kim Myungsoo. 

Sujin wondered about him also, what kind of guy is he? Her impression of Myungsoo was quite vague actually. At first she thought he was odd, and had poise. But then at dinner he was arrogant and chic with his words, after wards when they were in her room he seemed caring and comfortable. It was all confusing to Sujin, she then came up with a conclusion, Kim Myungsoo was a man with many faces and that made him unique and mysterious.

"Now, why do you guys think History is an important subject to learn?" The History teacher asked as soon as he walked in. A man with large spectacles and a small mustache, probably around forty years old, he was short for his image. 

Sujin snapped out of her daze and sat up straight, staring at the teacher, thinking about why History is important.

*Because of the ancestors, they shaped out the world for us so we can live how we are right now?* Sujin thought. Taehyung glanced at Sujin, he saw her expression with seriousness and her eyebrows knitted together.

     "Kim Taehyung? Would you tell us why?" The teacher called on the confused boy.

     "Eh?" Taehyung's eyes rounded as he looked around the room. 

     "Aigoo. Pay attention to my words. How about you, new student?" Mr Yang raised his furry eyebrow at Sujin as his mustache moved around. 

     "History is important because it tells the actions of what our ancestors or previous people before us have done, so that we know how the world we are living in today has been made. Also not to repeat and learn from the bad mistakes made such as war and slavery." Sujin answered calmly with a shrug. The old man smiled at her.

    "You're Han Sujin aren't you?" He asked, Sujin nodded her head. "Good job." He said with a smile then turned to the board.

Taehyung turned his head to Sujin, who was resting her cheek on her palm. 

    "Nice going smart , you made me look dumb." Taehyung muttered, Sujin looked at him with her doey eyes.

    "Didn't mean to." She said then turned back to the front of the room. What she really wanted to say was, "You made yourself look dumb." but she couldn't.

- - - - - - -

The lunch bell had rung loudly and students had already got up to get to the lunch room to speak to their friends. Where areas Sujin took her sweet time, since she was in no hurry to speak to anyone. 

Taehyung got up, looked back at Sujin and smirked.

     "See ya later." He told her and walked off with his friends. 

*What an odd boy. Why are boys so changy with their moods?* Sujin flipped her hair with her hands and stood up from her chair. 

     "You ready, Miss Sujin?" Sujin looked at the door to see Myungsoo smiling at her, holding two lunch boxes. 

*And here we have the man with the most changing attitude.* Sujin eyed Myungsoo with a grin. "Yeah." She said as she approached him. 

Instead of going to the lunch room, the two were walking somewhere else, with Myungsoo leading. Sujin, being the curious girl she is, asked him.

    "Where are you taking me? I saw the lunch room back there..." Sujin said with her finger pointing behind her, Myungsoo just turned to look at her with a smile.

They got to a room after walking down a long hall, Myungsoo opened the door and they heard the laughter and voices. 

     "Jewel's here!!" A familiar voice spoke. 

     "Gee, I'm glad to see you to Kai." Myungsoo smirked walking into the room with Sujin following behind him. The room was very big, with many windows, it seemed to be a room held for mostly meetings. Sujin entered to see, about fifteen guys all seated together at a big table. Sujin recgonized some of the guys from last night at dinner or around the house.

   "Hi Sehun." Sujin saw him first, and he waved to her since his mouth was full. There were two open seats in the middle of the table, and Myungsoo brought Sujin to sit down.

    "Jewel, do you remember me?" The guy with wide eyes asked, Sujin smiled and nodded her head.

     "You're Sungjong oppa." Sujin said and the men in the room gasped. Sujin looked around at them with a confused expression.

    "No no no. Just Sungjong." Sungjong told her, but Sujin glanced at Myungsoo then tilted her head.

    "But you're two years above me.." Sujin said, "which makes you older than me so I should call you oppa..." Sujin said, looking around at the boys. "In fact, all of you are older than me." Sujin eyed rounded. Myungsoo quietly laughed to himself. 

    "Not me!" A boy with curly blonde hair grinned, showing his dimple. "You can call me Junhong, that's my real name." Zelo introduced himself.

Sujin nodded her head at him. "Okay, but why can't I call you guys oppa?" Sujin asked them. 

    "You're the Han Jewel, which means you rank WAY above us, like in the clouds. Plus you are the grand daughter of our Boss so it's given that we honor you and not you honor us." Chunji exlained. 

    "It shouldn't have to be that way!" Sujin furrowed her eyebrows. Myungsoo ate his luch and shook his head.

*Here she goes again.* He thought with a grin on his face.

    "We're all people, it doesn't matter how much money you have or where you live or anything like that. I don't care about honor, you guys are older than me, respect has to be earned, so if you guys respect me, I respect you guys back." Sujin said firmly. The boys smiled at her and clapped.

    "Beautiful speech Miss Sujin. Now eat your food before it gets cold." Myungsoo said in a baby tone. Sujin shot him a glare as he smirked playfully.

- - - - -

     "Tonight, most of us won't be home actually." Ravi said, then chugged down a can of cola.

    "Right, we have that important drop off." Sungjong snapped his fingers. 

     "Woo, I hope things go well then, I don't want to mess up and have boss yell at us again." Chunji raised an eyebrow.

    "Shut up Chunji, he yelled at you, idiot." L.joe pushed Chunji and they laughed at Chunji. Sujin was looking back and forth at whoever was talking, that way she learned names quicker, and the relations they had with each other. It still wasn't a right time for her to jump into the conversation so she stuck quiet and talked to Myungsoo now and then. 

At the end of lunch, everyone still was seated, talking away as much as they can. Myungsoo was the first to stand up.

     "I have to go now because of a student council meeting, so I'm going to walk you to your class and leave to the meeting." Myungsoo said, tapping on Sujin's shoulder. Sujin looked up at him with a blank stare.

    "Why do I have to go with you? I can walk to my class by myself." Sujin said plainly, "oohs" filled the room as Myungsoo rolled his eyes at them. 

    "Student body pres just got burned." Zico laughed. 

    "Because, I'm your body guard. I have to know where you are at all times." Myungsoo explained. 

    "I'll be fine Myungsoo, when the bell rings, I'll go straight to my class, no worries, okay?" Sujin smiled at him and Myungsoo sighed as he looked at the clock. 

*Stubborn little thing.* Myungsoo bit his lip. "Fine. Straight to your class." Myungsoo told her with a serious gaze, Sujin nodded and waved to him. And he left with many hesitations. 

- - - - - - -

The bell had rung, and just like Myungsoo said, Sujin was heading to her class. Although she was unsure of the way, she kept walking, slowly remembering the way back. 

Everywhere she walked, girls would pass her by, whispering to their friends, bad or good. Then some guys tried greeting her but they backed out and she was left unspoken to. 

*They probably think I'm rude or can't be spoken to.* Sujin thought, looking at the floor with her lips pressed in a thin line. 

    "Oh look who it is!"

    "Ah, Han Jewel! So fancy and elegant." 

Girls mocked her, Sujin looked up, only to bump into the girls who just mocked her. Sujin held onto her books and smiled at them. 

   "Yeah, actually I'm Han Sujin, what's your----"

    "Cut the crap." A girl with mismatched hair extensions spat at her. Sujin looked at her alarmed. 

    "Just because you're family is rich and you've got everything, doesn't mean everyone likes you." Another girl with crooked false eyelashes squinted her eyes at Sujin. Sujin stared at her and her expression fell.

She knew not everyone liked her, but did they really have to say it to her face?

    "Oh no, didn't you hear? Her parents died. Ha." The girl with the messed up exstensions grinned.

    "Aww poor baby. Now she's all alone. Who will pay for your car bills and pamper you?" This time a girl with long straight hair but very small eyes spoke to Sujin.

Sujin did not know what to do or say in this situiation. She's never been bullied before, it's not because at her old school everyone liked her, it's cause she had friends to back her up, or people were just too kind to say things to her, but this school was different. A bad different. 

    "Yeah, we don't give a if your parents died or not, or how they died. And don't think just because you're pretty and your parents died that all the oppas like you, they're probably just being nice to you because they pity you." 

Just as Sujin was about to speak, someone showed up, not someone she cared for anyways. Taehyung walked up to the girls with his arms crossed and a big smirk on his face. 

    "I don't know, she is quite pretty." Taehyung said, eyeing Sujin up and down. Sujin looked at him with cold eyes, the girl with straight hair knocked down Sujin's books and invaded her personal space by looking closely into her eyes.

   "You're honestly pathetic." They kept on saying words to bring Sujin down and it really got her thinking. Is this all true? Is this the cold reality she refused to notice? 

     "Miss Sujin is not pathetic." A voice from behind the girls said. The girls all glared then whipped their heads behind them, all the scowls and glaring had stopped. Expressions were blank and the girls bodies had tensed up. Sujin went on her tip toes and she saw a familiar face, and it kind of made her smile. 

     "Student body president." The girl with false eyelashes batted her oversized lashes  and began to break into a sweat. Taehyung just rolled his eyes and sighed then looking back at Sujin, who was picking up her books. 

     "Miss Sujin is not pathetic. If anyone is pathetic it would be you three." Myungsoo walked closer to them, with a cold stare. "You think saying these things to her isn't pathetic? Making someone feel bad isn't something to be proud of." Myungsoo grinned, still with his cold, dark gaze. Taehyung puffed out his cheeks and crossed his arms.

    "Just because you're the student body president, doesn't mean you're allowed to get into students buisiness, Kim Myungsoo." Taehyung said bluntly and soon Myungsoo and Taehyung were having a stare off. Sujin got up and Myungsoo saw her hurt eyes and he hated himself for not getting here sooner. 

   "Oh, on the contrary. She's my princess." Myungsoo said, pushing pass the silent girls and Taehyung. He put his arm around Sujin's small shoulders and held her close to him with a smile. Taehyung raised an eyebrow, looking at Sujin with a gaze she couldn't figure out. Sujin gnawed on her bottom lip as she looked at the girls judging stares. 

*Yikes.* Sujin said, looking away from their eyes. 

     "Don't look at Miss Sujin like that. Also,don't speak to her like that. In fact don't speak to her ever again." Myungsoo said to the three ashamed girls, ignoring Taehyung for a second.

But  Taehyung stepped up to look at Myungsoo. "You really did change Kim Myungsoo." Taehyung narrowed his eyes at Myungsoo. "The you now is so different when you were with us. This, this doesn't suit you, why are you following some old guy's orders and being a care taker of this orphan?" Taehyung pointed to Sujin, she just frowned, wondering if they had know each other before. Myungsoo gritted his teeth and looked at Sujin from the corner of his eyes.

   "Don't speak about that. I left because I wanted a better life. I didn't want to live with your kind the rest of my life." Myungsoo's grip on Sujin had tightened and it pained her a little. 

*Your kind?* Sujin blinked. The girls behind Taehyung whispered to each other, probably coming up with their own assumptions.

     "Heh. I know you can't control yourself like you use to. I know that, even being near this girl is bringing your true self out. If you had stayed we could've helped you, control your urges and fight that demon. But too bad, you just keep taking those pills and hiding what you really are meant to be." Taehyung smirked and walked off. Myungsoo's jaw moved forward then back, as his release on Sujin loosened. 

     "Get to class you three. If this happens again, I'll be sure to expell you." Myungsoo muttered, they all scurried off, mumbling and whining as they ran. Myungsoo turned to Sujin, Sujin looked up at him with lost eyes. "I'm sorry, this is all my fault, I knew I should've walked you to your class. I'm...so sorry Miss Sujin." Myungsoo took both of Sujin's shoulders and looked into her dark brown eyes. She shook her head and pushed Myungsoo's hands off of her.

     "No. It's not your fault Myungsoo. I should've just walked away, but I stood there like an idiot. I didn't need you to walk with me or come here. So stop." Sujin told him with the same dark gaze she had when she told him not to make promises he can't keep. Myungsoo's stared at Sujin now with lost eyes. 

    "You're not an idiot. Listen, this is my job, I don't care if you don't want me to be here for you, I want to be here for you." Myungsoo said in a soft voice. Sujin couldn't help but pause, he was giving her a hypnotizing stare again and her head was slowly letting herself get lost in it. 

    "Jeez. I can take care of myself. And what was that with Taehyung? Why would you say something that's not true?" Sujin shook her head at Myungsoo and stared at him with upset eyes. 

     "But it is true, you are my princess." Myungsoo smiled. Sujin just stared at him dumb founded. In this situation, how could he smile? 

*Surely, this man has no idea about feelings.* She sighed and brushed her hair from her face. 

     "You're...really something Kim Myungsoo." Sujin said and rolled her eyes as she walked away from Myungsoo. Myungsoo grinned, following her. 

*Oh, I have many feelings about this girl. Han Sujin. Jewel. MIss Sujin, my princess. You're not like other girls either you know. You make me feel things I haven't felt in a long, long time.*

     "Same for you, princess." Myungsoo smirked.