Yerim

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

     Myungsoo knocked on the door, already knowing Sujin was wide awake. 

     "Come in." Sujin called out, her voice raspy due to the morning. Myungsoo walked in with a cup of tea and a smile plastered on his face. 

     "Morning Miss Sujin." He walked to her bed and handed her the cup, she carefully placed it in her hands. "What are you doing? Still in bed?" He asked, concern all over his face. Sujin looked at him and shrugged. 

     "Thinking." She answered tiredly. "Thinking of ways for my weird super natural life to get any better." 

Myungsoo chuckled and folded his arms and watched her drink the tea, just looking at the way she shuts her eyes as she takes a sip. 

*Completely in love with her and there's no cure.* That's all Myungsoo thought of. Always Sujin. She was always the one he had to think about, morning, afternoon and night. Even in the midst of all the problems they have going on, she's the most important. But all changes when he thinks of Taehyung, and how Taehyung's a better guy for her. Myungsoo can't even look at her without his beast trying to take control over her. 

    "School starts soon, but you don't have to go if you don't want to..." He told her, she looked up from the mug and smiled. 

     "I have to. It's something regular teenage girls do." She shrugged and began to get out of bed and get ready for school. 

Myungsoo read her thoughts and knew she dreaded to go to school, what she really wanted most was to stay home and think things through. Gaeun was still missing. The gang members won't stop searching for her. The polices keep calling her grandfather. And a new thing Myungsoo saw Sujin think about was Taehyung. Sujin was thinking that he was in some sort of trouble but she didn't want to bring it up. 

- - - - - - -

After closing the car door for her, Myungsoo handed her her backpack, but Sujin was too busy noticing everyone staring and whispering about her. 

     "Why was she gone for so long?" 

     "Oh my gosh, she's back. Look at her eyes, scary." 

     "Some say she was in the hospital." 

     "She got ." 

Rumors had spread quickly and Sujin had no idea about it. Myungsoo, being the student body president and Sujin's body guard, gave looks at the students. 

     "Get to class. Stop staring." Myungsoo shielded Sujin with his arm. Sujin bit her lip and continued listening to the harsh comments.

     "That is so lucky she has Student body president Myungsoo to protect her or she would've been beaten up by now." 

     "Why is she even back? It's not like she needs to go to school, with money like hers she can afford any college." 

Sujin couldn't take it anymore. She pushed away Myungsoo's arm and sped into the school building. Myungsoo watched her with confused eyes. But she was upset, and he doesn't know what to do to help her. 

Sujin went to the bathroom and leaned on the sink, she took deep breaths and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyebags and dry lips made her look sick. No wonder people thought she came from the hospital. After all she's been through people still have no heart to atleast be kind or even ignoring her would be even better. 

*It's not like I chose this school.* Sujin saw the tears forming up in her eyes suddenly and she wiped them off. The door to the bathroom had opened and she quickly pretended to wash her hands. 

    "Cold water on your face will reduce your eyes from getting puffy." A girl who was also tearing up said as she the faucet. Sujin turned her head and watched the girl take off her glasses and splash cold water on her face. 

     "Uh, thanks." Sujin pursed her lips together and put cold water on her red eyes. "Are you okay?" Sujin asked the girl with a concerned gaze. The small girl wiped off her face and finally she faced Sujin. She was really pretty, her glasses kind of covered that. 

     "Yeah, I'm okay. Just stupid mean girls think they're all that." She waved her hand with a grin. 

Sujin nodded her head, looking at the girl reminded her of herself somewhat. 

     "I get you. People here are so quick to judge and make up stupid rumors." Sujin sighed, the girl also sighing. 

     "Well, I'm Yerim." The girl introduced herself, she looked younger than Sujin, just by the way she spoke and smiled. 

Sujin shook the girl's hand and smiled back. 

     "I'm---" 

     "Han Sujin. Everyone knows who you are." Yerim said softly, her eyes twinkling as if admiring Sujin. 

     "It's not really a good thing. Sometimes I wish people didn't know me. I think my life would be easier that way." Her smile faded as she stared down at her shoes. Yerim realized the mood was getting low and she tried changing the subject. 

    "Life does what it wants." Yerim shrugged, "So, I have to go now, I hope you're okay." Yerim said as she headed towards the door, Sujin nodded at her with a small grin. 

    "Thank you." Sujin said and then she was alone. She faced the mirror once again and shook her head. "Be strong." Sujin told herself and put on a wide smile. 

- - - - - - -

Myungsoo's Pov ;

I heard everything Sujin had said. It's not like I wanted to though, my vampire ears just have that ability. I was somewhat outside of the girl's bathroom waiting for Sujin. I have no clue who this girl Sujin is talking to. I've never heard this voice before nor can I get a scent from her. 

When I heard the door open, I leaned up against the wall, hoping to not be seen. I stared at the girl and blinked at her. Why can't I read her thoughts? 

Strange. She's strange. Anyways, after Sujin told herself to be strong, she came out with a cute grin, although I knew it was an act, I didn't want to ruin her performance, so I went along with it, hoping she'd actually have a good day. 

End Of Pov

- - - - - - -

Lunch

     "As you all know, there's a dance we've been planning for a while now, and it takes place Friday. All we have to do now is decorations and flyers. I trust you guys can handle that in five days. Bye now." The principal smiled as she shutt he door, leaving the student council in a stir. Everyone began talking and freaking out, Myungsoo cleared his throat and stood up, grabbing the attention of his peers.

     "I know I've been MIA, but I can still lead this. I just need to know what is happening and every detail, so while someone catches me up, I want four to go to the store and get decorations, use money from the treasure committee. And you five, go to seperate rooms and print out 40 flyers each." Myungsoo watched the nine already stand and attend to their duties. 

That left one person left, his trusty friend, Sungjong. Who was to be the student body president next year. 

    "Okay, what's been going on here?" Myungsoo asked Sungjong, they began looking at slide shows and tickets. 

     "We've had tickets selling since three weeks ago, and there are about ten left. Um, the theme is indie/hippie, I don't know, some kind of colorful stuff. And there will be food, I already hired a dj, I think everything is pretty much set. My friend Yerim even designed how we should decorate the gym." Sungjong grinned, Myungsoo's mind stopped at the mention Yerim. 

    "Good." He nodded. "Hey, you said you're friend's name is Yerim?" Myungsoo raised a brow and Sungjong looked at him slightly confused. 

    "Yeah, why?" He squinted.

    "Because, I can't read her thoughts." Myungsoo tapped his fingers on the desk and Sungjong got up from the chair, blinking. "Any idea what that's about?" Myungsoo added. Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows and scratched his head.

     "I just met her two days ago in the library." Sungjong paused. "Okay, if you can't read her thoughts, there's something up with her. She's either a vampire or she drinks white herbs. Meaning she knows of vampires." 

Myungsoo cocked his head at his friend and for some reason an image of Sujin flashed in his mind. 

    "Alright, what I want you to do is get some more background info on her, I want to know if we can trust her or not." Myungsoo began grabbing his things and he glanced up at the clock. 

    "I will surely do that. Where're you going?" Sungjong questioned Myungsoo, noticing he was rushing.

    "To check on Miss Sujin." Myungsoo flashed out quickly without hearing a response.

- - - - - - -

     "Have you seen Han Sujin?" Myungsoo asked a random student in the halls, he shook his head with pursed lips. 

*Ugh. That Yerim girl better not be any trouble to us.* Myungsoo eagerly moved about, his eyes moving in all directions, searching for Sujin. 

He checked in the room where the Han bodyguards usually eat but she wasn't there, and that made him even more anxious. He did have a connection to Sujin, but only when one of them were in trouble, so maybe she was okay, but he still wanted to know where she was. 

Myungsoo took out his phone and waited, hoped, she would pick up. 

    "Sujin?" He quickly said the moment she answered.

    "Yes? Is everything okay?" Sujin knitted her eyebrows together, hearing Myungsoo out of breath. 

He shut his eyes and let out a sigh. 

    "Where are you?" He asked, ignoring her question. 

     "In the gardens with---" 

The call had disconnected and Myungsoo used his vampire speed to flash to where Sujin was. He heard movement and walked around the bushes and fountain, he saw Sujin seated on the edge of the small brick wall. And when he walked closer, he also noticed Yerim. 

His eyes narrowed at the two and Sujin turned her head and smiled when she saw him. 

     "What up with the serious stare?" Sujin squinted back at him. Yerim's gaze met him and it still got to him that he couldn't read her thoughts.

     "All students are to remain inside of the school building during lunch." Myungsoo said plainly. Sujin rolled her eyes at him. 

Yerim smirked as she hopped off the wall. 

     "My apologies, I needed some fresh air." Yerim shrugged, she walked a circle around Myungsoo, creating a little spark inside him, his beast wanting to come out, for bad reasons. 

     "Why are you out here then?" Myungsoo broke contact with Yerim and looked at the round eyed Sujin. 

     "Yerim asked if I could join her." Sujin said, blinking at Myungsoo, seeing that he was so serious made her wonder what was going on. 

     "I'm gonna go now, let you guys solve---" 

     "If this happens again, I'm going to have to give you detention." Myungsoo turned back to face her, Yerim just waved her hand with a chuckle.

Sujin jumped down from her seat and walked towards Myungsoo, eyebrows creased together as she pointed her finger at him. 

     "What is wrong with you? Why are you being like that to her?" She crossed her arms and tilted her head. Myungsoo hesitated on whether to tell Sujin or not. 

And by the way she was staring him down, he had to tell her. 

    "I can't read her thoughts Sujin." Myungsoo said quietly. 

     "Oh, neither can I." Sujin said sarcastically, earning a look from him. 

     "It can mean two things, she's one of them, or she knows about us, me even. You have to be careful of her." Myungsoo told Sujin. 

Sujin shook her head.

    "She's just a girl--" 

     "Until we figure out where she stands, please, be careful Miss Sujin." Myungsoo's tone was firm and his gaze begged her. Sujin twisted her lips and stared at the ground. 

    "Fine." Sujin said. 

She was a little upset at what Myungsoo had asked her to do because for once in a few months, Sujin's actually made a friend. A teenage, girl friend. And Yerim happens to understand what Sujin is going through which makes Sujin want to open up to her more. Myungsoo could tell from looking into her eyes that all Sujin wanted was to have a normal friend. 

     "I'm sorry--" 

     "Don't be. I understand." Sujin shrugged as she walked towards the school. 

- - - - - - -

     "Did you seriously drink white herb everday just for her?" Homin asked, staring at Taehyung pathetically. Taehyung spat out blood and he cleared his throat by coughing. 

    "Not just for her, for me too. I didn't want to be a slave anymore." Taehyung said. 

It had been already three days since Taehyung has been tied up, and now his dearest cousin came to visit him. Although, Taehyung wasn't glad at all, because just like Seunghyun, Homin was told to to make Taehyung suffer. 

    "Slave? Is that what you think of it? We're family Taehyung. Family before anything else." Homin used a small pocket knife to cut Taehyung's wrist, the blood seeped out only a little but it still hurt. 

Taehyung could endure this pain, after all Homin just wanted to talk to Taehyung, he didn't really want to see him bleed to the point where he can't lift his head.

    "Yeah, but that's the thing. Sujin doesn't really have family. Because I killed them." Taehyung saw Homin's gaze change. 

    "No you didn't, they basically killed themselves. But what does it matter? Their our enemies." Homin rolled his eyes and went to cut Gaeun's arms too. 

    "They didn't do anything to us!" Taehyung yelled, Homin walked back to him, laughing. 

    "Look at you, feeling remorse. Do you know how weak you look right now?" Homin shook his head and stuck a stake right under Taehyung's heart. Taehyung screamed, his amber eyes flaming at Homin and he clenched his jaw as his fangs came out.

Taehyung didn't want t say anything, he couldn't. The stake was so close to his heart, and if Homin moved the stake just a bit higher, Taehyung would be dead. So instead of defending himself, he just remained silent, giving into the pain. 

    "We'll have you fixed in no time, cousin." Homin took the bloody stake out of Taehyung, the pain eating at him and burning his iinsides. 

Gaeun looked up at Taehyung with sad eyes. She wanted to get out of this place so badly, and now she wondered, why exactly did Taehyung come back?