Injury

~ Beauty and A Beast ~

 

Morning ~

     "Oh, you have a soccer match today don't you?" Myungsoo asked Sujin as she opened her locker. Sujin answered without looking at him, mostly because she was staring at the picture of her mom and dad inside of her locker. 

     "Yeah, after school, 4:00, you going?" Sujin asked him with a raised eyebrow, Myungsoo grinned. 

     "Of course I'm going. I'd love to see you play." Myungsoo said, "I actually have a track event next week." Myungsoo told her, Sujin closed her locker before taking one last, long look at the picture. 

She looked up at him and nodded. "Well, you go to mine, then I'll go to yours." Sujin gave him a small smile. 

Myungsoo walked Sujin to class and like he always does, he stared at Taehyung, who was chatting with friends at the moment. 

     "Why do you always look at him like that?" Sujin asked him with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. Myungsoo glanced back at Sujin, then at Taehyung. 

     "He told you right? Me and him were friends?" Myungsoo asked, knowing the answer, he continued. "Well, let's just say we aren't friends because I grew to hate him. There's a lot more to the story but, I'd rather not tell now." Myungsoo shrugged, Sujin crossed her arms and exhaled loudly. 

     "I opened up to you all at once, and with you, it's bit by bit you open up to me. What else do I have to know before I can start depending on you?" Sujin asked him, Myungsoo just smiled. 

     "Miss Sujin, I don't want you to worry about all this, just focus on your school life right now." Myungsoo said in a soft tone. Girls passing by saw him and giggled, some waving at him and glaring at Sujin like she was cursed. 

Sujin looked at him for a minute before turning to look at the girls. 

     "Well Mr Popular, I'm going inside now. See you at lunch." Sujin mumbled and walked in without hearing him answer. Myungsoo saw Taehyung greet Sujin once she sat down and he clenched his fist before walking away. 

- - - - - - -

     "Are you okay?" Sujin asked Taehyung when the lunch bell rang, he was still sitting down with his head on the desk. He rose and blinked, his eyes groggy and his expression blank. 

     "How does he do it?" Taehyung suddenly asked, Sujin blinked at him, then she saw Myungsoo appear in the classroom. 

     "What's going on?" Myungsoo asked with a concern look towards Sujin, whom shook her head while her eyes rounded at Taehyung. 

Taehyung sighed and got up, his body leaning to one side then the other. 

     "I'm fine. I-I just don't know how you do it Kim Myungsoo. Surviving like this makes me feel weak." Taehyung slurred, walking towards Myungsoo. Myungsoo caught on what he meant and smirked. 

     "Just gotta learn to control it." Myungsoo patted Taehyung's shoulder. "You'll never be what I am." Myungsoo smirked again and Taehyung left with heavy footsteps. Sujin was confused, she desperately wanted to know but Myungsoo just wouldn't budge.

So they went to lunch in silence, met up with the few guys and began to socialize. 

     "It's Boss Han's birthday tomorrow, you probably didn't know that though huh?" Taemin asked Sujin with a sly smile. 

Sujin shook her head in confusion. "I don't know anything about my grandfather in fact." Sujin bit her lip looked around at the many faces. 

*Other than he collects good looking guys from the streets.* Sujin thought. Myungsoo heard and laughed alone on the side. 

     "Well, surprisingly, he has an open schedule tomorrow. Like between five and eight. Which gives us eight hours with the boss!" Taemin said cheerfully. 

     "We should rent a resturant to stay at and throw a surprise party for Boss Han." Zico suggested and everyone nodded and snapped their fingers, agreeing that was a good idea. They looked at Sujin, who hasn't said anything yet. 

     "Oh, and I guess I could get him a present." Sujin shrugged her shoulders with round eyes. 

     "I'll go with you." Myungsoo jumped in after eating his food quietly. Sujin turned to look at him and she smiled. 

     "Okay, don't worry about anything Miss Sujin. Just buy a gift and show up, he'll be grateful for you." Youngjae told her and she smiled shyly. 

- - - - - - -

     "This isn't going to be easy, but it won't be difficult either. You all know the drills so just do your part and try to get the ball as much as you can." Coach Lee said, his eyes full of determination and so were the other girls. 

     "We can do this girls!" The team captian shouted and put her hand in the middle, Sujin was the second to put her hand in the middle as she grinned widely. 

     "Let's win this match." Sujin said to her team mates and they all cheered, throwing their hands in the air and taking their position on the field. 

Myungsoo smiled when he saw Sujin full of energy and smiling with spirit, he saw her go into the middle of the field. She was playing offense, with three other girls at her side. Sujin was already in the middle when the referee called the starters.

     "Good luck." Sujin told the girl from the other team, she just smiled and looked down at the ball. 

Once the referee blew the whistle, the ball was kicked towards Sujin's side. 

(I'd love to, but I'm not really going to go into detail about the game.)

Later ~

Sujin scored about six goals alone, and everytime she did, Myungsoo clapped and his smile bright as ever. Their team was winning and that made Sujin more hyped up. The other team was good, but they couldn't control the ball as well, which made it easier to steal from them. 

Just as someone passed the ball to Sujin, the opposing team had two girls surroundig Sujin, putting out their legs in attempt to get the ball from them, one girl and Sujin got their legs tangled together, causing Sujin to trip forward. The fall was pretty quick and the pain was felt right away. The referee blew the whistle, running over to Sujin, Sujin dusted off herself and got up, nodding to her team mates and coach that she was okay. The game continued. 

Myungsoo was proud of Sujin for getting up right away and resuming to play, she was strong, he then noitced red dripping down from her knee down to her foot as she ran about. Sujin didn't feel it or even notice it, but Myungsoo noticed it of course, and he could smell it. He turned away and took his pills, but when he looked back to watch Sujin play, he couldn't control himself. 

The game ended and Myungsoo managed to hide his red eyes. 

     "We won!!!!" Sujin ran towards Myungsoo while swinging her towel in the air with a large smile. Myungsoo clapped his hands and when she was in front of him, he patted her head. 

     "You did good." Myungsoo told her, the smell of blood was right there and his body began to twitch with hunger. He looked down at Sujin's fresh wound and gulped down. "Miss Sujin, you're bleeding, you should um go to the nurses's office right now." Myungsoo told her, Sujin looked down at her leg and shook it. 

     "Huh, didn't even know it was bleeding before." Sujin laughed a little. "Okay, come with me and--" 

     "I'm gonna go get your things, from your locker, that way we can go home right away and you can freshen up in time for dinner." Myungsoo said in a hurried tone, Sujin blinked at him rapidly but nodded. 

     "Uh, alright. See ya then." Sujin turned to walk away, she turned back to see if Myungsoo was okay, but he had vanished already. 

*Well that was odd.* Sujin thought, walking to the nurse's office to get her wound wrapped. 

Myungsoo's Pov ;

This taste doesn't completely satisfy me, but I have to live with it. I am this monster who craves human blood but how can I live a normal life if I don't beat this monster. 

I can do it, it's easy. I just need to find a bigger prey. I threw aside the rabbit after draining it of it's blood. I need to find a larger prey, with better, warmer blood to help me at least face Miss Sujin. 

I ran about in the woods, all over, in the trees, in caves, bears seemed to be hunting also, so they weren't there. 

I heard a noise, crackling of sticks, heavy breathing. 

     "Finally, a decent meal." I smirked and shot after the deer, it could not outrun me, I am a much terrifying beast than it is. I cracked it's neck, taking it's life and blood away from it. 

I'm not proud of who I am. Then again is anyone in this world? 

Pov End

- - - - - - -

     "Yeah, the nurse said I should ice it and not walk for the rest of the night so it doesn't swell. But I mean come on, it's not like I broke my knee, I'll be fine if I just walk it off." Sujin said as Myungsoo opened the door to the house. 

     "JEWEL'S HOME!" Donghae shouted. He ran to her and smiled like a puppy. "Did ya win? Did ya win?" He asked excitedly. The other guys came to greet her and hear how her soccer game went.

Sujin frowned and shook her head, faking her loss. 

     "No, the other team kept shooting goals and I tripped and hurt my knee." Sujin shrugged. Everyone's expression dropped and they awkwardly stared at her. 

Sujin then grinned and threw her hands in the air. "JUST KIDDING. WE BEAT THEM BIG TIME!" Sujin yelled and Myungsoo shook his head at his 'princess'. 

     "Yes, Miss Sujin was a warrior on the field, right when she fell down, she got right back up and scored a goal. Impressive indeed." Myungsoo grinned at her, Sujin returning the favor. 

     After everyone congratulated Sujin and high fived her, she walked in her room and collasped on her bed right away. 

     "Oh my gosh, my bed has never felt so comfy." Sujin exhaled shortly and shut her eyes to relax a minute. "Welp, gotta go do my laundry." Sujin got up right away, but was sat back down by Myungsoo. 

     "The nurse told you to ice it and not to walk on it." Myungsoo said, Sujin gave him a look and tried standing up again but he sat her back down by her shoulders. 

     "Come on, I have to get things done, I can't let this small injury stop me from that." Sujin rolled her eyes. Myungsoo shook his head and handed Sujin her laptop. 

     "You sit here and relax, I'll go get you some ice for your leg and a drink, and then I'll do your laundry and whatever else you need." Myungsoo told her causing her groan. 

     "I can do it by---" 

     "Think of it as a reward for winning your match today." Myungsoo said with a sly grin. Sujin crossed her arms as he opened the door. "Now, listen as I say, I'll be right back." He ordered and she had no choice but to listen. 

*Why does he always have to be so nice to me? He's strange, but a good strange.*